Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237853 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:34:25 »

All you negative Nancy's can fuck off for all I care. If cooper gets it he'll never be accepted regardless, people have made their minds up. Negative shitwank cunts

For the record, I'm just fed up with all the toing and froing and round in circle arguments.

I don't set stock by betting odds, and at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they put a moustache and Sombrero on Jed and wheeled him out as 'Senor manoherr', an unknown but promising mexican manager.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:36:32 »

and at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they put a moustache and Sombrero on Jed and wheeled him out as 'Senor manoherr', an unknown but promising mexican manager.

RRRRRRRRRRRRUGIR

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:36:46 »

Unless there is a drastic improvement in the squad whoever takes over is up against it.  Might as well let the cheapest option (cooper)have it.
Think we will have at least 2 managers this season. Not including kmac
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:40:42 »

Remember how stupid we all thought Blackburn fans were for wanting Keen out when they were 2nd in the champ, because they'd already decided they didnt like him whatever he did?

Those slating Cooper and throwing their toys out the pram - this is how stupid you look.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:42:44 »

Maybe the appointment and attached cost of a new manager is being influenced by cash-flow, or lack of, and unexpected outgoings. For example, PDC out of court settlement, Comazzi perhaps, possible less income from or maybe underwriting cost of concerts. At one time we may have afforded Mourinho but as the money situation gets tighter we downscale to the cheapest option.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:45:57 »

I'd say Chelsea fans and Benitez would be a similar example

Things get better but they never get good
Red Jed

« Reply #936 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:46:04 »

Think we will have at least 2 managers this season. Not including kmac
This is the most negative comment I have ever seen on here ever.

It sums up why Swindon fans are considered so arrogant and stupid, writing off the new manager BEFORE he has even been appointed.

I fucking despair at our fanbase.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:00:47 »

It sums up why Swindon fans are considered so arrogant and stupid, writing off the new manager BEFORE he has even been appointed.

have you seen our squad? Whoever gets the job is on a hiding to nothing. If the squad improves my opnion will change.  Cheesy
Not writing the manager off. Currently don't think fergie could do anything with us.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:05:01 by arriba » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:04:07 »

Seems wholly reasonable to me...sustainability, doesn't necessarily mean stability. At the moment it's difficult to really see any coherent strategy beyond austerity, so it's highly likely the new manager, should we appoint one, will be a cheap option. Town fans are not noted for their patience..
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:06:25 »

Nobody is writing off the new manager - they are expressing what they feel IF Cooper is appointed.

There seems to be some sort of smokescreen coming from the board - from big name possible managers, to names being put forward of players who have no possible chance of joining (Church, Holland).

It just feels we are being massaged to prepare for what they know the fans don't want.
Flashheart

« Reply #940 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:06:44 »

have you seen our squad?

Have you?

Have you seen them play yet in a competitive match?

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:15:20 »

Have you?

I've not invented a time machine yet so no.nobody has. I've seen it on paper and the number of players we have.,and who. That's what I meant by saying seen. We barely have enough to put a side out. We lack players in key positions and experience too.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:20:21 by arriba » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:20:41 »

Have you?

I think the reference is to the question of what our squad actually consists of, given the presence of mystery men like Agombar and Reis, players who may or not be long term injured, and players who appear to be frozen out. Given the lack of experience, amongst the loans and other Spurs kids, and the lack of a manager to try and establish some form of pattern of play. Still the speculating will be over soon...hopefully we'll avoid a repeat of the Gills opener is it 4 seasons ago now.
Flashheart

« Reply #943 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:20:52 »

What's wrong with the players we have on paper.

what's wrong with the number of players we have?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:22:22 »

What's wrong with the players we have on paper.

what's wrong with the number of players we have?

See above post..
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: