Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237799 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:31:33 »

Ryan Mason a player our manager allegedly didn't want. Deal close to being confirmed according to the Adver.

Also we're chasing Obika publicly at least since KMac walked out.

we were chasing him while Kmac was here I think.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 19:43:43 »

But why would we still be chasing them with no manager? Unless the new man is a lot closer to being named and OK'd it, or has no say in the matter.
DRS

« Reply #722 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:01:33 »

Ryan Mason a player our manager allegedly didn't want. Deal close to being confirmed according to the Adver.

Also we're chasing Obika publicly at least since KMac walked out.
So we havnt signed anyone then.Mason was offered,turnt down.Hopefully the new man gets the chance to take him
Flashheart

« Reply #723 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:04:18 »

Would people prefer it if we were not tracking players?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:05:52 »

Where we?

Perhaps we were chasing Mason but apparently KMac didnt want him. The Obika thing didnt become public till after KMac was gone, we could have been chasing him weeks or not.

Most rumours get out - but unless you have a list of all our transfer targets how do you know who we were after and when we started chasing them?

So we havnt signed anyone then.Mason was offered,turnt down.Hopefully the new man gets the chance to take him

So if KMac didnt want him...and now KMac is gone....why and who at the club are trying to get the deal done, according to the Adver (in which case it maybe well off paper talk)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:07:36 »

Would people prefer it if we were not tracking players?

Whilst we dont have a manager.....yes, as I'd much rather the new manager got the opportunity to bring in the player he wants for his team.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:14:17 »

I thought everyone had already decided that Power was signing all the players and that KMac/Mr Manager had no say in it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:16:33 »

I thought everyone had already decided that Power was signing all the players and that KMac/Mr Manager had no say in it?

The only people who can answer that for certain would be Mr. Power and Mr. KMac.

I think its the case but thats my opinion but I certainly cant scientifically prove it to be the correct opinion...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:20:22 »

The only people who can answer that for certain would be Mr. Power and Mr. KMac.

I think its the case but thats my opinion but I certainly cant scientifically prove it to be the correct opinion...
That doesn't usually stop people on here from proclaiming their interpretation of events as the "truth".

Honestly, I couldn't care who is signing the players. 90% of players at this level are either completely average or verging towards shit and picking up players to fill gaps is all teams at our level do. Unearthing a gem is a rare occasion and we've probably had better luck than most in recent years.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:24:00 »

Where as I firmly believe the manager is the manager. Its his team, he identifies the players he wants, he builds the squad and he picks the players and formation.

Maybe its a tired outdated concept, that the manager is the manager these days.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:29:22 »

I find it very hard to believe that Di Canio arrived at a League Two club and said: "Hey guys, first things first - Joe Devera and Jonathan Smith. Get them in!"

Managers get assistance within the transfer market all the time. Whether it's owners, agents, advisors or scouts.

This is not a big deal (to me).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:39:32 »

I find it very hard to believe that Di Canio arrived at a League Two club and said: "Hey guys, first things first - Joe Devera and Jonathan Smith. Get them in!"

Managers get assistance within the transfer market all the time. Whether it's owners, agents, advisors or scouts.

This is not a big deal (to me).
It was the players he was presumably left to choose himself that were the issue - Atiku, Comazzi, Lanzano, Esajas, Gabilondo, Magera.

The point I was making is that I don't think it matters that much who identifies targets at this level as there's an abundance of mediocrity out there to pluck from.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 20:58:59 »

But why would we still be chasing them with no manager? Unless the new man is a lot closer to being named and OK'd it, or has no say in the matter.

Mason agreed to sign Friday, will be confirmed in the morning by the club. Look at Chelsea's summer signings before mouriniho arrived, its not uncommon. As someone said clubs will always have advisors and aren't dependant on a manager finding a player
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 21:05:34 »

Where as I firmly believe the manager is the manager. Its his team, he identifies the players he wants, he builds the squad and he picks the players and formation.

Maybe its a tired outdated concept, that the manager is the manager these days.
Charlie Austin.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 21:27:17 »

Fitton spotted Austin but I'm sure Wilson would have watched him, scouting him and given the signings the thumbs up before a contract was offered.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: