Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237833 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:03:11 »

Latest SkyBet oods:

Hartley 5/4
Ferdinand 3/1
Hoddle 5/1
Pearce 8/1
Sherwood 11/1
Warnock 14/1

Never really understood credence given to odds, especially odds offered by the same company that's providing the news that will result in people having a punt.

I'd wager Skysports "hint" at someone being a shoo-in for the job, someone who's not really in with a shout, give said person decent odds (so it's convincing, but not silly) then loads of thick punters start to wade in on the back of the news from the bookie.

Sky then barely drop the odds, release another "news story", maybe even interview people in-the-know to give their opinion on how likely it is and yet more wade in. Sky then maybe start lowering the odds or make them favourite, and talk about this on TV. Following this revelation, every idiot has a bet on it before betting is closed. (Rinse and repeat.)

Suddenly, out of nowhere, somebody different is then appointed and Sky thank punters for the money they've just printed for themselves. Great business.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:34:25 »

The other thing I wondered is that whoever comes in may have to accept the existing staff as we cannot afford to pay off Cooper & Digby so the new man can get his own staff

That may have a say on the type of manager we can attract
Panda Paws

« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:38:08 »

Was thinking about Cooper last night. We're so thin on the ground in terms of coaching staff that even if the new manager brought in an assistant, we'd still need a first team coach and a head coach of the u18s. Cooper will slot in to one of them, no probs.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:40:43 »

Maybe Cooper is being given a chance in the 2 friendlies to see how his tactical nous is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:41:21 »

Morshead posted on TEF the other day implying that Jamie Pitman was the new U18s coach.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:50:56 »

Morshead posted on TEF the other day implying that Jamie Pitman was the new U18s coach.
Cooper said it also in one of his recent interviews.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 14:05:38 »

Never really understood credence given to odds, especially odds offered by the same company that's providing the news that will result in people having a punt.

I'd wager Skysports "hint" at someone being a shoo-in for the job, someone who's not really in with a shout, give said person decent odds (so it's convincing, but not silly) then loads of thick punters start to wade in on the back of the news from the bookie.

Sky then barely drop the odds, release another "news story", maybe even interview people in-the-know to give their opinion on how likely it is and yet more wade in. Sky then maybe start lowering the odds or make them favourite, and talk about this on TV. Following this revelation, every idiot has a bet on it before betting is closed. (Rinse and repeat.)

Suddenly, out of nowhere, somebody different is then appointed and Sky thank punters for the money they've just printed for themselves. Great business.

Odds for 'next manager' are very fluid an are influenced by individual bets whereas odds on horse racing are influenced by national betting patterns.  Hence why the 'favourite' can change by the hour.  Apparently it's because there will always be someone within the club who knows who it will be and the bookies will drop their odds at the slightest hint of a big wager being placed... As if a Swindon board member would ever be caught up in a football betting scandal... How very dare they!!!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 14:07:26 by @MacPhlea » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 14:12:02 »

has been for months. Since Bodin went sick
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 14:21:58 »

Was thinking about Cooper last night.

Dirty boy  Girl Giggle
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 16:14:49 »

Like your theory - where can I wager that it's 100% correct?
kaufman

« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 17:23:42 »

Jed's on twitter again, Seems to be suggesting he didn't say Hoddle was not being considered.
Or if he did he seems surprised by it.

Did I ..??..We are reviewing all candidates and will announce once we have signed, But again thank you for you're support

edit. You know what i've posted this and now regretting it, I've lost interest what he has to say frankly. The chairman is playing games and it's beginning to become tiresome.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:23:43 by kaufman » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 17:35:33 »

Jed's on twitter again, Seems to be suggesting he didn't say Hoddle was not being considered.
Or if he did he seems surprised by it.
poor Sam
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 17:48:32 »

Maybe if Paul Hartley gets the job the headlines will read...

HARTLEY HEAR.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:02:13 »

Maybe if Paul Hartley gets the job the headlines will read...

HARTLEY HEAR.
Is there anyone called Topov or Pipkins who could be a coach?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 19:19:21 »

poor Sam
Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: