Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237855 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:01:14 »

Wait, Hoddle might actually happen?
woolster

« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:03:28 »

Appointing Hoddle would get me straight down the ground to buy a season ticket.

Won't happen though.
Glory hunter
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:03:59 »

I do, I said pretty much the same thing a few posts up.

Fair enough, I'm not criticising anyone for following the club however they want just have a different view on it personally.
Flashheart

« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:05:42 »

Wait, Hoddle might actually happen?

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA 36m
@cremin98 I don't want to get you too excited so I'm not going to say either way just yet.

Seems to be a possibility, unless I'm reading too much into it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:18:41 »

I've not read the thread, so don't know if it's been mentioned, but if Nijholt applies, as he's rumoured to always do, I'd like him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:21:31 »

I'd still save judgement even if we appointed Hoddle. Obviously there will be the initial excitement... But Oxford fans were excited when Jim Smith returned, and look what happened there!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:24:49 »

Unlikely. This was him after he announced his retirement.

- I've had one or two health issues which restrict what I can do on the training ground.

"I've enjoyed a long, long time in the game but sometimes you have to realise the decision needs to be made, so I did it for the benefit of everybody."

Bumped into JG a few months back in London- SWMBO and I walking along Piccadilly and spy a bloke walking towards us who we both think- I know him. he looks at us looking at him and suddenly it twigs- John bloody Gorman! Result. Stop him for a chat and he takes the time for us. We reminisce about how he was our manager for the best season we ever had (I know we were relegated but we were Premier League FFS!). He looked well though you could tell he had been ill. I don't think he will return to the game. Too much enjoyment of his family time now.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:31:28 »

In true Keegan fashion "I would looove it" if Hoddle came back! Can you imagine?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 14:44:42 »

Appointing Hoddle would get me straight down the ground to buy a season ticket.

Won't happen though.
I think you have to go with an adult due to your age!!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:23:02 »

Just to add some fuel to the fire... from just after the PDC appointment

http://lesrosbifs.org/mixed-fortunes-for-the-glenn-hoddle-academy-in-spain/

So Hoddle is back in England and on the market again. Perhaps. The Academy website explains how he is looking for an English club to form a link with, so that his players get regular, competitive action outside of the friendlies they already play. The aim seems to be forging a link with a League One club or lower, with recent chatter linking the academy to Swindon Town, the club he used to manage, and who have just appointed Paolo Di Canio as their new manager.

Hoddle did not apply for this job, although his academy assistant, Graham Rix, did. Although he still speaks fondly of the club, it is uncertain if the academy will establish a link with the club. But West Ham United? Unlikely.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:24:51 by @MacPhlea » Logged
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:26:29 »

Just to add some fuel to the fire... from just after the PDC appointment

http://lesrosbifs.org/mixed-fortunes-for-the-glenn-hoddle-academy-in-spain/

So Hoddle is back in England and on the market again. Perhaps. The Academy website explains how he is looking for an English club to form a link with, so that his players get regular, competitive action outside of the friendlies they already play. The aim seems to be forging a link with a League One club or lower, with recent chatter linking the academy to Swindon Town, the club he used to manage, and who have just appointed Paolo Di Canio as their new manager.

Hoddle did not apply for this job, although his academy assistant, Graham Rix, did. Although he still speaks fondly of the club, it is uncertain if the academy will establish a link with the club. But West Ham United? Unlikely.

Didnt Watkins say they did talk to Hoddle about this before they appointed Paolo?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:30:54 »

The concern then with hoddle would be that gha is the priority and not stfc
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:32:09 »

Doesn't Hoddle always get linked when we were searching for a manager? He was favourite for a period aswell when we appointed Paolo. Think someone has just put decent money on him and the bookies have shortened the odds.

Ill be very happy if I'm wrong though.
Flashheart

« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:43:55 »

Doesn't Hoddle always get linked when we were searching for a manager? He was favourite for a period aswell when we appointed Paolo. Think someone has just put decent money on him and the bookies have shortened the odds.

Ill be very happy if I'm wrong though.

Craig Lyrus and Morshead seem to think it's a real possibility. It appears to have more legs than just somebody putting on a lump at the bookies.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 15:46:02 »

Hopefully someone spots him in the stands tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: