Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237775 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:20:02 »

fatuis currunt, lurching de discrimine ad crisim, intercapedinem tantum momenta ineptitudinem.

(It's only Google translate, so probably wrong).
You do know "lurching" isn't an actual Latin word don't you? Smiley
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:20:04 »

This is just how I feel. 2013 has been a complete embarrassment for STFC and I've lost interest in watching us play. So that's one season ticket holder of 23 years you've lost Jed (I know it's not all your fault).

Hahaha. That is just so over the top. We've been more embarrassing than this before! If you can't summon up the enthusiasm to go, fine. But surely there's other reasons apart from the club being embarrassing?

It's All Good..............
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:20:26 »

fatuis currunt, lurching de discrimine ad crisim, intercapedinem tantum momenta ineptitudinem.

Quod so sic est sempiterna Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:21:09 »

Using my 'O' Level in Latin for the first time since 1968, when I took it tells me lurching isn't a Latin word.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:23:10 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:21:12 »

You do know "lurching" isn't an actual Latin word don't you? Smiley

Google translate isn't the most accurate!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:25:05 »

The club seems to doomed to be run by idiots, lurching from crisis to crisis, pausing only for moments of ineptitude. One shower of shit follows another, and you begin to wonder whether it's all worth it.

Yet most who attended the presentations last week seemed presently surprised by the plans of the new board, then the manager leaves for whatever reason we don't know and thats it they are clueless idiots again?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:27:02 »

Yet most who attended the presentations last week seemed presently surprised by the plans of the new board, then the manager leaves for whatever reason we don't know and thats it they are clueless idiots again?
How dare you post something that's balanced in such a logical and reasoned way?

No place for your sort here.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:27:33 »

I agree with this

We don't know why the manager left, we are speculating entirely. He had a poor record at the end of last year, seemed to fit with the philosophy this year but onwards and upwards i think. Hope it gets sorted quickly, especially before they go to portugal on sunday
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:27:39 »

How dare you post something that's balanced in such a logical and reasoned way?

No place for your sort here.
I know, I am just getting my coat!
kerry red

« Reply #294 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:30:25 »

Some people seem more resilient to the never ending cycle of 'disaster disaster disaster triumph disaster..' than others.
I am not sure when it changed for me, but it did. "Inevitability" sums  up my mood, which could of course be wrong, but I've somehow been worn down.

However there isn't any danger of not going yet. More that I can now see how that could happen, whereas  I once found it inconceivable.

The reason you feel worn down is these forums.

Before, you probably had to make do with a good moan with your mates - now it'S wall to wall, 24 7 barrage from all and sundry.

You are not alone - we all feel to some extent, worn out by these shenanigans

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:37:01 »

People are too trusting when hearing what they want to hear. There is no evidence that the current board are competant,but plenty to the contrary.
Reckon Kmac was fed bullshit prior to coming in which in time didn't go to plan. He can see the club is a mess and has fucked off.

The only thing that will see me back on a regular basis is a complete change in the clubs structure. We go from one bunch of cunts playing at running a football club to others doing the same. Fans are just pawns in their ego boosting games. Doesn't sit well with me at all. I continually read posts from fans being happy to have a club-so and so saved us etc.  It's like fans are turning into dogs rolling over on their back to have their bellies rubbed submissively by the board.
This cycle of shit is enough to turn anyone off going. Likewise i fully  understand why people do go. It's a habit that can be hard to break.

I used to be someone who hated missing games. Now i can't even muster up the desire to even take up free tickets.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:39:05 by arriba » Logged
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:37:25 »

Hahaha. That is just so over the top. We've been more embarrassing than this before! If you can't summon up the enthusiasm to go, fine. But surely there's other reasons apart from the club being embarrassing?

The cost doesn't help! But no, I've seen plenty of shit over past couple of decades and kept going. I've worn the orange hat, done the 1st not 3rd protest, but now I'm just fed up with all the boardroom bullshit. Who knows, my enthusiasm may return.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:51:46 »

Hmm. I don't get it. You don't care as much because things aren't going well? I think that says more about the individual really.

I've seen so much written on here about how the fans are the lifeblood of any football team, ours in particular, yet now, because things aren't as we'd like at our club (which let's face it has been a soap opera for the best part of 25 years now) we can't be bothered? Paolo was slammed for walking when 'things got a bit tough'. What's the difference? If we're this apathetic towards our club then really.. we don't deserve one.

I feel a bit low about everything, and I am as concerned as the next fan but jeeeez I'll still be there supporting the team!
I have been a part timer at best for a few years. I don't feel inclined to spend money I can't afford on something that nearly always ends in disappointment. I felt uncomfortable throughout Paolo's time in charge and didn't enjoy it as much as I would have done otherwise. 

I still care, obviously,  otherwise I wouldn't comment but I just feel apathetic towards managerial changes, supposed crises and the rest. I guess it's a type of fatigue combined with altered priorities.

I'm looking forward to the new season and seeing how things pan out, whether we are awful or spring a few surprises it'll be exciting.
iffy

« Reply #298 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:53:13 »

I think everyone must have just missed the slide in the presentation titled "Key staff resigning next week"
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:55:30 »

Its time for the usual swindon cycle of shit after a few good years, We know when we are properly in the shit when Shah appears in the team photo!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: