Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237838 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 23:12:52 »

All of this shit that keeps happening just makes me care less and less about STFC. As a result,  I have no real feelings about MacDonald's departure other than surprise.

Whoever is our next manager will only let us all down eventually.

This sums things up perfectly for me....

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 23:13:14 »

The only one he managed to get hold of was Devine..

....has he even signed?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #272 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:50:51 »

Yep,he is a fully qualified pilot....Jan Fjortoft tried to get his pilot licence but he never ever got off the ground.
I appreciated your pun even if nobody else did! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
iffy

« Reply #273 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:42:46 »

All of this shit that keeps happening just makes me care less and less about STFC. As a result,  I have no real feelings about MacDonald's departure other than surprise.

Whoever is our next manager will only let us all down eventually.

Yep. Increasingly, I don't really care one way or the other anymore.
lambourn red

« Reply #274 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 09:57:44 »

I must admit I am feeling more and more apathy towards the club, in past years i would have been straight down to the club to book my ST seats for the Spurs game but I just cant get excited about anything that is happening at STFC at the moment . I am trying to remain optimistic about the future but you cant help but think this current period of our history is all going to end in tears.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:29:10 »

Hmm. I don't get it. You don't care as much because things aren't going well? I think that says more about the individual really.

I've seen so much written on here about how the fans are the lifeblood of any football team, ours in particular, yet now, because things aren't as we'd like at our club (which let's face it has been a soap opera for the best part of 25 years now) we can't be bothered? Paolo was slammed for walking when 'things got a bit tough'. What's the difference? If we're this apathetic towards our club then really.. we don't deserve one.

I feel a bit low about everything, and I am as concerned as the next fan but jeeeez I'll still be there supporting the team!
lambourn red

« Reply #276 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:46:30 »

Hmm. I don't get it. You don't care as much because things aren't going well? I think that says more about the individual really.

I've seen so much written on here about how the fans are the lifeblood of any football team, ours in particular, yet now, because things aren't as we'd like at our club (which let's face it has been a soap opera for the best part of 25 years now) we can't be bothered? Paolo was slammed for walking when 'things got a bit tough'. What's the difference? If we're this apathetic towards our club then really.. we don't deserve one.

I feel a bit low about everything, and I am as concerned as the next fan but jeeeez I'll still be there supporting the team!

I have been a ST holder for over 20 years and I will still be in my seat come the first game of the season so please dont tar me with the brush of a fair weather supporter. I was one of the sorry souls who witnessed our lowest ever league attendance in the mid 80's against Darlington so I think I have suffered plenty in the name of STFC but I just cannot get enthused about anything to do with STFC at the moment the whole thing has an air of inevitability about it but I will still be there on a cold tuesday night in december.
iffy

« Reply #277 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:49:56 »

This inevitable 'get behind the club' bollocks is boring as well. The club seems to doomed to be run by idiots, lurching from crisis to crisis, pausing only for moments of ineptitude. One shower of shit follows another, and you begin to wonder whether it's all worth it.

It's not even about whether the team is doing well or not. It's the inevitable mixture of structural incompetence and sheer bloody bad luck that leaves people just not giving a shit. It makes it all seem unimportant.

Once upon a time, I'm sure there was pride to be had in being the most die-hard fan. Insults like 'part-timer', or suggesting being disillusioned 'says more about you' mattered once, probably. These days, it makes you look a little bit sad, like someone still pleased they were toughest kid at secondary school.

That said, if you can muster up any enthusiasm not only for the coming season, but the next five, then I do envy you.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:03:50 »

I've started to see STFC as a soap opera that I've got a vested interest in. Apathy is understandable as unfortunately there's very little we as fans can do in situations like this apart from keep asking questions and seeing how it all looks in a few months time. I always thank my old man filler giving me a team like Swindon to follow rather than someone dull like Northampton or Burnley or Wycombe. At least it's never dull.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:05:25 »

run by idiots, lurching from crisis to crisis, pausing only for moments of ineptitude
Never mind "Salubritas et Industria", I give you our new club motto Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:05:59 »

Never mind "Salubritas et Industria", I give you our new club motto Smiley

Could we get that on the badge?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:08:48 »

Could we get that on the badge?
It's translating it into Latin I'm more worried about tbh
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:09:21 »

I have been a ST holder for over 20 years and I will still be in my seat come the first game of the season so please dont tar me with the brush of a fair weather supporter. I was one of the sorry souls who witnessed our lowest ever league attendance in the mid 80's against Darlington so I think I have suffered plenty in the name of STFC but I just cannot get enthused about anything to do with STFC at the moment the whole thing has an air of inevitability about it but I will still be there on a cold tuesday night in december.

Some people seem more resilient to the never ending cycle of 'disaster disaster disaster triumph disaster..' than others.
I am not sure when it changed for me, but it did. "Inevitability" sums  up my mood, which could of course be wrong, but I've somehow been worn down.

However there isn't any danger of not going yet. More that I can now see how that could happen, whereas  I once found it inconceivable.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:11:01 »

fatuis currunt, lurching de discrimine ad crisim, intercapedinem tantum momenta ineptitudinem.

(It's only Google translate, so probably wrong).

It's All Good..............
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 11:13:02 »

This is just how I feel. 2013 has been a complete embarrassment for STFC and I've lost interest in watching us play. So that's one season ticket holder of 23 years you've lost Jed (I know it's not all your fault).

This inevitable 'get behind the club' bollocks is boring as well. The club seems to doomed to be run by idiots, lurching from crisis to crisis, pausing only for moments of ineptitude. One shower of shit follows another, and you begin to wonder whether it's all worth it.

It's not even about whether the team is doing well or not. It's the inevitable mixture of structural incompetence and sheer bloody bad luck that leaves people just not giving a shit. It makes it all seem unimportant.

Once upon a time, I'm sure there was pride to be had in being the most die-hard fan. Insults like 'part-timer', or suggesting being disillusioned 'says more about you' mattered once, probably. These days, it makes you look a little bit sad, like someone still pleased they were toughest kid at secondary school.

That said, if you can muster up any enthusiasm not only for the coming season, but the next five, then I do envy you.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: