Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 238326 times)
DRS

« Reply #255 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 20:37:51 »

Ferdinand or anyone else from the spurs boot room can get fucked.
We are Swindon town,not spurs development.
Getting all their kids is bad enough,let alone their coaches too.

Who would you give it to
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 20:42:21 »

I know some Premier League clubs have, in the past, suggested that they would like to have their 'B' team within the Football League (which I am against)... I wonder if this is Spurs' way around it.

A maximum of four loanees plus selling players with buy-back clauses and they've cracked it.

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 20:46:04 »

Who would you give it to
no idea. I am more concerned at why the manager we did have has fucked off. And why our squad is so weak and full of spurs kids.
kerry red

« Reply #258 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 20:53:15 »

I expect Watford fans were asking the same questions last year when they were overrun with an influx of Italian reserves
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:17:34 »

Meh, didn't do too badly the last time we relied on a Spurs contingent from Manager down.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:21:04 by RobertT » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:28:34 »

Meh, didn't do too badly the last time we relied on a Spurs contingent from Manager down.
when was that? Please don't say hoddle. Clubs situation miles apart. He came from france too.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:40:33 »

Hoddle brought in a fair few players from his ex club.  I know it's a different situation but I have no doubts a few favours were called in, it always happens.  Difference here is that the Manager bit is missing.

Probably forget some of them, or show myself to be a tit by getting the wrong era, but:

Hoddle
Hazard
Moncur
Galvin
Close (came in under Ardiles didn't he, agan of Spurs, although don't think he was direct from Spurs?)
Gray

Anyway, neither here nor there.  The players coming is not an issue if they are good enough and it's for all the right reasons.  Whether that is the case is pure speculation for now, but Spurs have a stated aim of giving players between 18 and 21 loans to get matches under the belt as part of their development.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:42:59 »

Galvin was an Ossie signing.

All the players above had more experience than the guys we've got.

The Spurs thing doesn't concern me, mangerial stability does.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:48:34 »

Hoddle brought in a fair few players from his ex club.  I know it's a different situation but I have no doubts a few favours were called in, it always happens.  Difference here is that the Manager bit is missing.

Probably forget some of them, or show myself to be a tit by getting the wrong era, but:

Hoddle
Hazard
Moncur
Galvin
Close (came in under Ardiles didn't he, agan of Spurs, although don't think he was direct from Spurs?)
Gray

Anyway, neither here nor there.  The players coming is not an issue if they are good enough and it's for all the right reasons.  Whether that is the case is pure speculation for now, but Spurs have a stated aim of giving players between 18 and 21 loans to get matches under the belt as part of their development.
Close, Hoddle, Hazard were signed from other clubs. Macari did the same with ManU - digby, Coyne etc.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:52:05 »

The loans are fine if we have the option to drop them if they're shite. If we're signed up to play them every week regardless of form then that's a worry. I'm sure we will soon see.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:58:15 »

I think the issue is if the loans don't work out, we don't really have other players to fall back on.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 21:59:13 »

My point is having a bunch of players who have played together may not be a bad thing (time will tell on ability).  Managers tend to go for players they know.

The thing that needs clarifying is whether this is a policy of using a good relationship with a club to our advantage or something more structural. We have signed a few non Spurs players, so my gut tells me it's Power and Sherwood working together on mates favours, and that doesn't cause me much concern.  Having a shit squad would do, so ultimately it depends on the quality.  Reports from Spurs fans suggest we have the best ones available, rather than their Jamie Slabbers this time.

Oh, and I'll be the first in line to kick off if it turns out to be some underhand money making scheme for the top dogs involved, not least because I despise Spurs.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 22:14:22 »

Hoddle
Hazard
Moncur
Galvin
Gray

They were all permanent signings were they not?

Thus meaning whilst they were at STFC they were employed by STFC and STFC could in effect do what they wanted with them.

Completely different to having half our first team all employed by another club
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 22:17:32 »

Managers tend to go for players they

...yep and despite this we've not bought in a single ex Aston Villa youth teamer have we?

Or rather did we under KMacs tenure.

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 22:57:09 »

...yep and despite this we've not bought in a single ex Aston Villa youth teamer have we?

Or rather did we under KMacs tenure.

The only one he managed to get hold of was Devine..

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: