Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237825 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 15:24:50 »

I wouldnt say JUST because of his Spurs connection....he was a massive favourite at Swindon years back and has all the right coaching qualifications needed and is an England FA tutor.

Seems like a perfect fit for the job.

And of course he has a Luton connection. Ex coach and was he assistant manager there as well?
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 15:29:57 »

Had £20 on Stuart Pearce @ 20/1 (6/1 2nd fav with BetVictor)  Hmmm

Would really love Hoddle and his Academy here 
DRS

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:10:20 »

The whole 'abuse from fans' towards K-mac myth is annoying me.

The biggest myth that I have ever heard is that he was given abuse at matches, not at all. People point to the Franchise match where all it was after an inept 60 minutes or so of football was people chanting '4-4-2', how that can be considered abuse is beyond me.

A few comments from kids on Twitter and Facebook? Like MacDonald sits at home trawling through facebook pages and one day before playing Forest Green in a friendly saw something he didn't like and thought 'im off'.

No, the problem here is quite fucking obvious and that is the manager of the football club did not get a say in player recruitment and he was having youngsters from one club forced into the side. K-mac seems a very calm and almost 'relaxed' presence that him finding this too much and walking does not bode well at all. Those who think we can get a Hoddle or similar big name are living in a dream land. It will be a yes man to the board who doesn't mind not having any involvement beyond coaching, simple as that, and I don't even want to think about the possibilities of who it could be. I almost wouldn't mind it being Cooper as I think some of the possible options are going to be frightening.

On a final note, some of the shite I have seen on Twitter about it being the fans' fault for K-mac going is beyond belief.

So you say he has left because he had no say on transfers but have said recently that players who were going arrive didnt because Kmac changed his mind,McEvoy for example.Which one is it Chang?
hobodan

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:38:33 »

KMac should come out and put the record straight as to why he fucked off. If it isn't because of abuse then he should have some decency and come out and say so rather than let these rumours fester.
And if it truly is because of a few kids on twitter then KMac really isn't cut out for the world of football management is he.

People talking of Stuart Peirce, Hoddle etc are living in dreamland. Why the the fuck would they come to a club without a pot to piss in & cowboy directors?
We need a manager who is used to scrapping in the lower leagues on "lower leagues" budgets.
Paul Trollope anyone?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:40:29 »

I was thinking Trollope earlier actually. Fits the bill with what the board might be looking for. Did well at Rovers just as a head coach with a DOF above him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:41:11 »

KMac should come out and put the record straight as to why he fucked off. If it isn't because of abuse then he should have some decency and come out and say so rather than let these rumours fester.
And if it truly is because of a few kids on twitter then KMac really isn't cut out for the world of football management is he.

People talking of Stuart Peirce, Hoddle etc are living in dreamland. Why the the fuck would they come to a club without a pot to piss in & cowboy directors?
We need a manager who is used to scrapping in the lower leagues on "lower leagues" budgets.
Paul Trollope anyone?

You'd be surprised how desperate some people are for a management job

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:43:40 »

So you say he has left because he had no say on transfers but have said recently that players who were going arrive didnt because Kmac changed his mind,McEvoy for example.Which one is it Chang?

Fair point well made.

Unfortunately though, Chang is right on this occasion.
DRS

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 17:59:20 »

Why? Because it suits what people want to believe
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:10:13 »

Why? Because it suits what people want to believe

No. Because the other explainations all seem highly improbable under the circumstances.

DRS

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:18:30 »

It was also probable 6 wks ago that the current lot were apparanty crooks and had no money,that was proved wrong.Said it loads of times that thirs lot could be a fucking nightmare but have apart from bitching what would you do different?
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:26:23 »

Les Ferdinand now 6/4 fav
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:26:39 »

Have they got money? Genuine question, I'm not sure what they have put in over and above a £1.2M bond (returnable) and have said they can make up a shortfall of 500K in budgeted wages v current wages bill.

It doesn't much matter, since they are the only game in town. 
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:27:23 »

It was also probable 6 wks ago that the current lot were apparanty crooks and had no money,that was proved wrong.

No I think that was more or less bang on actually. Hence the scratching around for investors and willingness to put the likes of Greg Hall on the board. Power is quite obviously the 'money' you refer to. Which sort of brings my point full circle...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:30:44 »

Les Ferdinand now 6/4 fav

That's Sir Les to you Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 18:30:57 »

So Swindon are off to Portugal next week. Hopefully a permanent replacement and backroom staff are appointed by then.

Popcorn
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: