Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 83   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 237835 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 09:52:30 »

I still doubt he left because of a few fans criticism.
Oh I doubt that also, mine was a statement in general about a majority of fans never taking to him just because he had to follow a man with THE biggest ego in the world, he was always on a losing battle there IMO.

I mean some oon here claiming he had no passion because he was calm on the touchlines or they then complain because he spat his chewing gum next to the dugout during a game and spitting on camera at the Yeovil game....they need to take themselves outside and have a strong word with themselves.

KMac got a lot wrong in his time, certainly with tactics etc but I genuinely hoped that with the right players he would do a good job for us, some fans never gave him the chance no matter what.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 09:53:26 »

For the record I will chuck another name in there who is actively looking for a job....John Hughes.

I'd take John Hughes, i really like the way he had a poor Hartlepool team playing very good football.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #167 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 09:53:56 »

That said......following on from KMac will not be anywhere near as tough a job in the eyes of many fans so its time to kick on and get in the right man and not just a yes man.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:01:12 »

The whole 'abuse from fans' towards K-mac myth is annoying me.

The biggest myth that I have ever heard is that he was given abuse at matches, not at all. People point to the Franchise match where all it was after an inept 60 minutes or so of football was people chanting '4-4-2', how that can be considered abuse is beyond me.

A few comments from kids on Twitter and Facebook? Like MacDonald sits at home trawling through facebook pages and one day before playing Forest Green in a friendly saw something he didn't like and thought 'im off'.

No, the problem here is quite fucking obvious and that is the manager of the football club did not get a say in player recruitment and he was having youngsters from one club forced into the side. K-mac seems a very calm and almost 'relaxed' presence that him finding this too much and walking does not bode well at all. Those who think we can get a Hoddle or similar big name are living in a dream land. It will be a yes man to the board who doesn't mind not having any involvement beyond coaching, simple as that, and I don't even want to think about the possibilities of who it could be. I almost wouldn't mind it being Cooper as I think some of the possible options are going to be frightening.

On a final note, some of the shite I have seen on Twitter about it being the fans' fault for K-mac going is beyond belief.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:01:25 »

That said......following on from KMac will not be anywhere near as tough a job in the eyes of many fans so its time to kick on and get in the right man and not just a yes man.
I think that will be true initially.

With the squad we have today I think the next manager has a chance of some success, though I think we are a midfielder short. If more senior players depart (other than caddis as that is expected) then they may be back under pressure petty quickly.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:04:38 »

Robert T - I like your posts and you are clearly well informed on the financials.

I don't however think Jed "found" that shit - we TEFers all knew this - it was obvious.

We may have been heading for administration but liquidation?  Hardly.  The so called "shit" was far, far less than when compared with when Fitton took over, when we may have been heading for liquidation.

Wrong thread to continue but Jed's cheerleaders need to consider that his involvement will not have cost him a penny - Ritchie for £400k did the honours there - and we have been fed a load of stupid rumours and misinformation on media outlets since he took over - the latest of which is KMac having left because his wife was upset by chanting.

The clear strategy is always hidden.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:14:36 »

Let's see Mrs Shah in action on Monday.

Clems Army!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:19:29 »

Bet the appoint hope powell. The birds team is better than the mens team apparently according to her

Based on technical ability she said. So if the women had the power, size, speed and strength of the men, they'd win based more on their touch and technique. I have to say judging by the first touch of some of the players in the mens team, that's not so ludicrous.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:26:44 »

I hope all those that wanted KMac out will be fucking pleased with themselves when we have Mark Cooper in charge this season...fucking wonderful.

I'm sure this will be a lesson to football fans everywhere, don't ever criticise the manager!!

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:29:54 »

Based on technical ability she said. So if the women had the power, size, speed and strength of the men, they'd win based more on their touch and technique. I have to say judging by the first touch of some of the players in the mens team, that's not so ludicrous.

Yes because the standard of goalkeeping in women's football is so superior to the men.

So what she's saying is if my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle, and therefore be better at football.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:42:52 »

I still doubt he left because of a few fans criticism.

PDC had a lot more to contend with on his arrival....a lot of fans were not happy because of the fascist element,not to mention the poor start he had here as manager.

I agree that a few fans comments isn't the reason why he has left.

Maybe DRS  is right,maybe it just is personal reasons....whatever, it is history and the quicker we get a manager on board the better.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:46:18 by leefer » Logged
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:46:00 »

Chris Ramsey is an interesting name in the odds for next manager. Works in young player development at Spurs, was assistant manager to Peter Taylor at the U20 tournament this summer (would suggest he fancies managing a little), former town player
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 10:47:04 »

Would certainly appeal to some older fans i think Riddick.
DRS

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 11:07:06 »

What odds is he
Peter Venkman

« Reply #179 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 11:08:01 »

Chris Ramsey is an interesting name in the odds for next manager. Works in young player development at Spurs, was assistant manager to Peter Taylor at the U20 tournament this summer (would suggest he fancies managing a little), former town player
I would love Rambo as new manager!

He is Sherwoods assistant and has been coaching youth football for many years at England level...fits the bill nicely.

here is a little article on him..

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20120429/football/-Malta-was-the-catalyst-that-changed-my-life-.417579
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 11:11:57 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 83   Go Up
Print
Jump to: