Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116129 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 16:10:52 »

It's going to be a fucking nightmare to get a team together when our players are taking their SATs..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 16:23:53 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA  1h
Town keeping the ball nicely in midfield but killer passes lacking
2:34 PM - 26 Jul 2014 · Details

Only a friendly i know but it was the same in the 2 other games i've seen. I think you need more creativity than you have with Kasim/Thompson/Lunogo as the 3, one of those has to sit out for a creative player in my eyes. Onwards and upwards but they need to get the recruits in sharpish and they need to be first team players, not bodies.

Going to be a long season i fear
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 16:42:29 »

It was only a friendly and it was very hot but we were poor.

Massive lack of creativity, lacking any ideas in the final third. The real concern was the defence, they constantly got in down both sides and really should have had 4 or 5 goals. Nathan Thompson isn't a CB but it was a bit worrying to see him hobble off near the end.

That is the only time I have seen us so far this season but on that evidence we really need a couple if new faces, and we have the time to get them yet so not too worried at the moment.

On the plus side, it was a tidy little ground at Bromley and it took me 10 minutes to get home Smiley
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 22:42:58 »

Fuck it was hot. I won't comment on the game for fear of encouraging doom and gloom. So many times in the past I've known it to bear no relevance. The ice-cream van was besieged, but being called "Shirley's Magic Whip" I did wonder if there was a demand for ice-cream or something more deliciously sinister. In such heat, I can't believe that a man walked around so much (with can in hand). Well done Jacko.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 22:55:27 »

Lacking ideas in the final third is coming up way too often. As is teams getting in behind our full backs.

Hopefully Coopers noted it and will address it. Quickly
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 23:05:12 »

Lacking ideas in the final third is coming up way too often. As is teams getting in behind our full backs.

Hopefully Coopers noted it and will address it. Quickly

Didn't the same happen for much of last season though. It was eventually addressed, yet, like others, I am getting nervous. It would have been nice to see Randall make an appearance, unless injured of course.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 23:42:04 »

Can only comment on the heat as I didn't see the game, my daughter took a ball full in the face  from a pre match warm up shot. If any one from Bromley reads this, appreciation to the Red Cross and the stewards for their concern and help.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 07:04:12 »

Can only comment on the heat as I didn't see the game, my daughter took a ball full in the face  from a pre match warm up shot. If any one from Bromley reads this, appreciation to the Red Cross and the stewards for their concern and help.

Oh dear! She ok now?

Surely the pub was still open. What were you doing in the ground so early?! :-)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 08:07:18 »

Sorry to hear about your daughter SR, is she ok?

I know its only pre-season but so far Eastleigh and Bromley have given us the runaround. Yeah non-league teams always beat league teams in pre-season so not too worried about the results so much.

But the performances haven't been much to write home about, although that said we were ok against Southampton at home so.......

2 weeks to bring in a handful of players and get them to gel with the other players before Scunthorpe on the 9th. Hopefully we'll have movement in the transfer market this week, sadly we might have to lose 1 or 2 as a makeweight to bring in more players.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 09:16:33 »

Tee he Paolo, there was a bar in the ground, silly boy.. she's still got a sore nose, but isn't broken and no black eye, she's decided she'll give Crawley a miss though, and wont remember Bromley with any fondness.
kerry red

« Reply #445 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 09:36:11 »

I always thought the 'creativity' was in Llungo's court.

If he's not, i say let Fatty have him and get someone who is.

Surely we've got enough non-creative midfielders as it is.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 12:08:22 »

Doesn't this run in the family, not sure but I seem to remember one of your old posts where you reference you taking one for the crowd as a young lad. Maybe it was someone else. Was commented on around the time of the bloke in the DRS last season with the glasses nutting it straight back on the pitch....

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 12:32:24 »

Doesn't this run in the family, not sure but I seem to remember one of your old posts where you reference you taking one for the crowd as a young lad. Maybe it was someone else. Was commented on around the time of the bloke in the DRS last season with the glasses nutting it straight back on the pitch....

Good memory, yep I took one in the face at the CG, can certainly sympathise with her.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:29:50 »

Not seen any pre season games but reckon we will be fine.

I am basing this purely on the fact that whenever we have a pre season and the conclusion is that we will struggle we do ok whereas when people are confident we normally get relegated.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 17:00:13 »

Good memory, yep I took one in the face at the CG, can certainly sympathise with her.

Ahhh and I thought you wouldn't be drinking with the little one in tow. Haha.
Glad she's ok SR, no major damage is good news. Not surprised it's put her off for a while.

Does sound like she's taking after you a little too literally though she can probably count herself unlucky as I suspect her head is a tad smaller than your bonce.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: