Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TRUST & SUPPORTERS CLUB MEETING WITH STEVE MURRALL  (Read 14707 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 23:19:42 »

Details of last nights meeting here

http://www.truststfc.com/2013/06/truststfc-supporters-club-qa-with-steve-murrall-12th-june-2013/

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 23:38:35 »

Is that it?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 06:15:31 »

Probing.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:00:42 »

This isn't the business plan thing though is it, is this just one of a regular number of meetings now - didn't see it advertised anywhere?
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:04:51 »

Sorry, but I fail to see that a meeting which involves the Advertiser and the BBC is going to get any useful information out of anyone.  Nothing against them at all....they are there to do a job, and both have been doing it quite effectively; but the likelihood of the club management telling us anything except what they choose to put into the very public forum is nil.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:07:05 »

It might not be probing, but at least there are a few positive details in there to cling onto, especially this.

Following on from this, all parties were shown a printout of the club’s current banking status, which showed a healthy balance.

Now it does concern me how healthy that balance will look when we run out of players to sell and people to sell season tickets to, but getting our more expensive players off the books will at least put us on surer footing when we have to cross that bridge in the future.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:33:10 »

A short but generally positive sounding Q and A.

No doubt this thread will be 7 pages of moaning about Steve Murrall driving about in a hired Mercedes whilst wearing a Rockin Robin suit filled with 50 pound notes stolen from the pension funds of recently left employees.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DRS

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:52:19 »

They cant win tbh can they.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 07:53:18 »

Not with some it would seem mate. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:15:57 »

This isn't the business plan thing though is it, is this just one of a regular number of meetings now - didn't see it advertised anywhere?

Yes this is just the second of the planned monthly meet ups between the Club and the supporters groups, I think the business plan thing is next month?

I think this was one arranged fairly last minute due to everyones availability, the club posted it on the OS on monday I think - I thought the Adver would pick it up and the harbinger would post it on here, sorry that didn't happen, next time I'll put it on here myself.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:26:08 »

Half a dozen presumably mainly young players to come in, loyalty scheme to help build the committed regular fan base, better deal on the catering, concerts looking like they might actually make some money, investment made where it counts in the training facilities, budgets being brought into control.

You know behind the bullshit and bluster thrown around by individuals that clearly have an agenda, I'm struggling to find much that the board have done so far that I wouldn't have done in their place.

If the last chairman had spent a bit more time getting the nuts and bolts of the business of running a football club right, and less playing fantasy football with his mate Paolo that Andrew Black might still be here.

..never go back.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:30:39 »

Dean, you have been around long enough to know there are always cynics - and fucking noisy cynics at that - but what was that saying about empty vessels make the most noise?  As has been stated many times, the days of big money funding have gone, it was a good ride at the time but it is now back to reality.  There may be trouble ahead, we just don't know, but until that trouble arrives I am prepared to give Steve and Jed the benefit of the doubt.  It really does look as if they want to do the best for the club - but obviously decisions have to be made that will not prove too popular.  There appears to be player unrest at Sunderland - perhaps all is not so rosy there now!!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:43:15 »

Half a dozen presumably mainly young players to come in, loyalty scheme to help build the committed regular fan base, better deal on the catering, concerts looking like they might actually make some money, investment made where it counts in the training facilities, budgets being brought into control.

You know behind the bullshit and bluster thrown around by individuals that clearly have an agenda, I'm struggling to find much that the board have done so far that I wouldn't have done in their place.

If the last chairman had spent a bit more time getting the nuts and bolts of the business of running a football club right, and less playing fantasy football with his mate Paolo that Andrew Black might still be here.

I'd agree with you until the final paragraph, but just as you said you struggle to see what we'd do different to the current board, I'd argue we'd also have done the same as Mr Wray.

He was given a budget, an admittedly large budget, and he spent it, with the aim of getting back to back promotions. Then the backer decided to pull the plug mid season and this plan was left in tatters.

If someone had handed you four million quid to spend on the Town would you really have frugally planned for a mid table finish, or shot the lot going for glory?
DRS

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:46:42 »

Dean, you have been around long enough to know there are always cynics - and fucking noisy cynics at that - but what was that saying about empty vessels make the most noise?  As has been stated many times, the days of big money funding have gone, it was a good ride at the time but it is now back to reality.  There may be trouble ahead, we just don't know, but until that trouble arrives I am prepared to give Steve and Jed the benefit of the doubt.  It really does look as if they want to do the best for the club - but obviously decisions have to be made that will not prove too popular.  There appears to be player unrest at Sunderland - perhaps all is not so rosy there now!!
Spot on and i accept that.It seems to me though that lately a new type of fan has crept up on us who actually wants to hear bad news. I dont understand that.
DRS

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 08:50:27 »

I'd agree with you until the final paragraph, but just as you said you struggle to see what we'd do different to the current board, I'd argue we'd also have done the same as Mr Wray.

He was given a budget, an admittedly large budget, and he spent it, with the aim of getting back to back promotions. Then the backer decided to pull the plug mid season and this plan was left in tatters.

If someone had handed you four million quid to spend on the Town would you really have frugally planned for a mid table finish, or shot the lot going for glory?
That's not entirely true though.He was given a budget to see him through until January and went over this by end of September and had to beg black for more leaving us fucked in January.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: