Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John bostock  (Read 14219 times)
Matt71

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 11:45:59 »

Lots of rumour going around on twitter that he stayed in the blunsdon house hotel last night? Anybody heard anything? Would be great signing and don't think as expensive as people think.PLayed in the MLS since January for 1k a week just to play football according to an article from the mail online.
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 11:54:04 »

Depends on who else comes in for him. He didn't exactly set the world alight with his loan moves elsewhere so interest may be limited.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:05:54 »

Seems a bit of a strange one. How strong are the rumours? Is it just someone who looks like him?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:16:34 »

We await confirmation or denial from Dr Chang!
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:25:57 »

Lots of rumour going around on twitter that he stayed in the blunsdon house hotel last night? Anybody heard anything? Would be great signing and don't think as expensive as people think.PLayed in the MLS since January for 1k a week just to play football according to an article from the mail online.

Surely as a contracted player at Tottenham he would still have been being paid per-week whatever was stipulated in the contract of his parent club?

Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:33:21 »

This is an interesting article also,only really seemed to impress when with us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337599/John-Bostock-looking-new-club--happened-Tottenham-Crystal-Palace-player.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:42:10 »

‘Money was never my motivation,' Bostock said. ‘I turned down moves that would have earned me more but chose Tottenham because I was impressed about what they had planned for me.
‘It just didn’t work out. Yes, hindsight is a great thing, isn’t it? When I think back, of course it may have been better to have stayed at Palace for another year or two.

Therein lies the problem these days - the lure of the premier league.
Far too many young players jump ship only to warm benches eventually dropping into lower league obscurity
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:46:48 »

I'd have Bostock here next season! Very talented, created space in midfield with a good touch and a little burst of pace, would work in what i assume is KMacs preferred 3 man midfield.

I think similar to Roberts we only saw flashes under PDC but would now get more out of him.

I hope this isn't complete crap and happens.

TungstenCarbide

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:47:52 »

Bostock, the eternal enigma. Talented for sure. Attitude, questionable I'd say. I still find it weird that Di Canio begged the board to get Bostock and when they did never picked the boy.

Has being the next big thing since 14 or 15 years of age ruined him like many a young player?

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:49:44 »

Good article that. This is the problem when a young player moves to a big team and then doesn't get enough regular first team action. Look at Scott Sinclair, he was the nuts when at Swansea, where is he now?

As I said in t'other topic, him staying at the hotel doesn't mean we're signing him, he could just be there visiting friends or something, but if we are signing him I'll be proper chuffed. Us and Kmac could be just what he needs, and he could be just what we need.
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:57:23 »

Honkytonk, I love your Holloway pic - is that genuine or photoshopped?
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 12:58:21 »

Agree with that HonkyTonk, Swindon, Bostock  and K Mac seems a good fit and if he has a decent agent who actually cares about his players development  then we might have a chance.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 13:01:20 »

He also had a roast dinner in Cirencester today according to twitter Cool
TungstenCarbide

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 13:03:26 »

Did he have beef tans?

If he was on the roast beef and yorkies then I want him signed up.

If the god-bothering twat had the temerity to have pork and apple sauce then we need to pass on him...

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 13:23:10 »

Honkytonk, I love your Holloway pic - is that genuine or photoshopped?

Genuine. If I remember correctly it was whilst he was at Plymouth, and conducted a press conference from behind a curtain.

Did he have beef tans?

If he was on the roast beef and yorkies then I want him signed up.

If the god-bothering twat had the temerity to have pork and apple sauce then we need to pass on him...

What's the beef with pork? And if it was a carvery he could have had pork and yorkies, beauty of a combo.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: