Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Adam Rooney: Swindon Town striker in contract row with club  (Read 31617 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:53:06 »

Chris Tanner has been at the club along time and I expect a few of us have had dealings with him in the past and a few will know him.

I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult for someone to get his side of the story behind why. He left...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:55:18 »

Chris Tanner has been at the club along time and I expect a few of us have had dealings with him in the past and a few will know him.

I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult for someone to get his side of the story behind why. He left...
Ever heard of a Non Disclosure Agreement?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 16:59:24 »

Yes.

I'm sure at some point in the history of the Internet some information that probably shouldnt have, has been made available...
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 17:39:59 »

So you're buying into what fredi is saying then?

I honestly don't know what to believe.   I just can't shake this feeling that things at the club aren't particularly great and have the potential to get worse.  People like Fredi popping up with 'inside information' is not doing anything to help the doubts that are already in place.  The concerts may have been more positive, but if I'm honest, I couldn't really give a damn about them.  It's the football side of things that concern me.

kerry red

« Reply #154 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 17:43:40 »

Forget about all the off-field bollocks

What it boils down to is this

Support your team - come what may.

I've had enough of the doom and gloom and although I think things aint too great - so what
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 17:56:04 »

Forget about all the off-field bollocks

What it boils down to is this

Support your team - come what may.

I've had enough of the doom and gloom and although I think things aint too great - so what
I think that's spot on.

The problem we have is that there has been possibly too transfer activity and too much information coming out of the club over the last couple of years. Now that we have moved back away from competing for expensive players and are in a 'quiet' period while players are on holiday and transfers can't be signed, we crave news and signings. The fact that we aren't getting any is making us all a bit edgy and making the craving worse.

Interesting to see where we are at the end of July or beginning of August. Think we will have a bit more of an idea about how the club is being run and what the potential might be on the pitch by then.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 18:14:31 »

Jed reckons we will be title contenders.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 18:23:19 »

Jed reckons we will be title contenders.
I hope he's right. What's your point?

It's All Good..............
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 18:41:44 »

fredi says...
8:25am Fri 31 May 13

No investment from the Board (bluffer Jed still put in zero, taken out loads) but Power admits they would sell the club if there was a few quid in it for him and his cronies.

Would Power just casually drop that sort of information into a conversation with an employee/ someone he wasn't closely connected to who was in a position to leak it?

I'll wait for Fredi's promised documentation to appear before casting judgement but that line definitely has the ring of lazily invented bullshit to it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 18:55:26 »

I hope he's right. What's your point?

Do you mean this post or his point generally?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:02:10 »

This has probably been mentioned before, but should fredi provide evidence, is he either an employee or a former employee and is it legal to publish information like he is claiming.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #161 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:36:13 »

This has probably been mentioned before, but should fredi provide evidence, is he either an employee or a former employee and is it legal to publish information like he is claiming.
There are two issues to cover off first. Firstly, is  what they're saying right. Secondly, is it illegal. If both are the case then Fredi could validly claim they were whistleblowing and I think they'd be Ok legally. If it falls down on either then they're in the shit. 
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:36:58 »

The board have ignored Radio peeps since they broke the story on Andy Johnson last season and then he failed to sign, although what they failed to say to radio was the story was embargoed until it was a done deal when radio called for a quote / clarification.

And it has been pretty clear that the club have been using the adver as source as all story's are broken via the adver and anything that needs to be denied admitted etc etc has always come via Sam @ the adver.  You'd assumed that he not changed even after Murrel ? threated the editor with legal action.

It is obviously down to Jed & Co who they choose to use, I pity the new sports editor at RS though as all he will get is matchday news and be left sidelined for anything else unless they do any real journalistic investigation themselves.
I think it goes before that, when Chris Wise "broke" the story that we were going bust and all the players were up for sale - that too was embargoed so there is a lot of distrust with RS at the moment - I believe Black was in the process of giving the club away to Jed at the time -  and if Jed can get out all he wants to via Sam that's all he really needs in a small town like Swindon.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:45:18 »

There are two issues to cover off first. Firstly, is  what they're saying right. Secondly, is it illegal. If both are the case then Fredi could validly claim they were whistleblowing and I think they'd be Ok legally. If it falls down on either then they're in the shit. 

The only "evidence" that I can see Fredi explicitly referring to, is a spreadsheet of earnings, agents fees etc. showing last season's budget.  (S)He could feasibly have a copy of the letter sent to Rooney "trying to renege on the contract" but everything else is reporting alleged views and conversations.

I can't see that publicising anything (s)he refers to as being whistleblowing, so if anything is illegal it's likely to be publishing private information that (s)he's obtained through unauthorised sources.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, May 31, 2013, 19:47:12 »

The story about the club going bust and all the players being up for sale was embargoed? The club pre-released that info, really?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: