Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 23784 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 08:05:28 »

Was amazed when Devera stepped up to take our first pen but thought his was the best of the 10!

Also worth saying with his equaliser Flint showing (what was presumably obvious) that when attacking set pieces from central positions rather than being at the back post to nod it back across goal he could and should be a Shaun Taylor-esque scoring threat.

As good as THAT goal was, far too many of his headed opportunities were abysmal and we had more success with him nodding it back across the area.

I'm happy he may stay though, he is continually improving. Still a bit of a dopey idiot sometimes but I'm beginning to forgive him that.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 08:25:45 »

Regarding Jay Mac, a friend of mine was sat next to a Sunderland scout a few weeks ago (prior to PDC) and although he would not say who he was actually watching, had made notes on all the players and Jay Mac was down as "a good defender, does not get pulled out of position, always tries to make use of the ball and generally very solid left back". Got to say I have never been convinced but that could be down to injuries and the way PDC used him, and if that is what a Premier scout thinks what the hell do I know!

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, May 10, 2013, 08:48:24 »

Regarding Jay Mac, a friend of mine was sat next to a Sunderland scout a few weeks ago (prior to PDC) and although he would not say who he was actually watching, had made notes on all the players and Jay Mac was down as "a good defender, does not get pulled out of position, always tries to make use of the ball and generally very solid left back". Got to say I have never been convinced but that could be down to injuries and the way PDC used him, and if that is what a Premier scout thinks what the hell do I know!

Hmmm
a club would know those basics about a player before sending a scout. A scout would be going into far more detail about an individual.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: