Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ifils comments  (Read 2209 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:18:56 »

“He singled me out for the goal, which I had my own opinion about,” said Ifil.

“I don’t really want to comment about what that is.I listen to what he says and take it on board. If it makes a difference to my game then great.

“But it’s difficult being a defender sometimes.

“You’ve got to be consistent throughout the whole game and keep your concentration. It is vital.

“If you make one mistake it can cost the team a goal and it doesn’t matter if you’ve played well for the rest of the game.”

Jerel it was your fault fella,take it on the nose and get on with it :roll:

/
W56196272
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:19:43 »

I thought King was wrong to criticize him for that ... at least in public!
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:19:52 »

He sounds like he is a bit annoyed, but I just hope that he responds positively.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:21:42 »

Don't like to hear managers single out players for criticism.  Defend your players to the hilt in front of the media and have a go at them behind closed doors.  Fergie style.
fatbury

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:22:32 »

Wenger style .. u mean!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:24:33 »

I think Fergie and Arsene have very similar management styles.  Create a solid unit, "the world's against us" they stick together like glue in front of the camera's in the changing rooms, team meetings who knows what goes on!
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:25:29 »

Andy King always singles him out after he has made a mistake.  Mr King needs to talk to the man in private rather than to everyone on the radio after the game.  Getting the lad frustrated will not help his game
fatbury

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:25:51 »

apparently boots get kicked into heads  Soapy Tit Wank  Soapy Tit Wank

and Arsene shouts!!!  Soapy Tit Wank
Nils

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:26:43 »

When the manager says all this to the media about the players you wonder what affect it has. I think that Jerel probably thinks that King is a cunt. King has to take some of the blame for things he cannot blame the players all the time.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:36:45 »

It was wrong to single him out like that,Ifils not a bad player at all he just makes a few mistakes sometimes.But I think he's brilliant,a very strong player and he always gets stuck in.He looked like he was making alot of effort last saturday,unlike some of the others.But I suppose he can only learn from this and we all know that andy king always speaks his mind!

RED ARMY
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:37:48 »

He's crap get him out
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:42:38 »

Looked good on loan, seems to have gone backwards since.  Needs a big season this year.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:43:35 »

I blame Evans as much as Jez-if he hadn't recklessly rushed off his line-no goal.Kingy always has to have a scapegoat,it used to be Invincibile.While we're looking for someone to blame,how come Rhys got beaten on his near post-the cardinal sin for a keeper.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:49:07 »

Fuck sake....for starters Hayes had hold of Ifils shirt, 2nd of all whoever played the ball over the top shouldnt have been given the time and space. 3rdly the ball went more to our left than central where was our left back, where was the rest of our defence. Why did Evans rush out giving Hayes the chance to lob him.

Way to build up Jerels confidence King you moron.

You defend AS A TEAM ffs!

Stop blaming one person and blame them all, they were all at fault for the defeat. You dont see King moaning at Cureton for missing shed loads of chances
McLovin

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 10:51:19 »

I don't mind King blaming Ifil for the goal.  It just annoys me that other people don't get held responsible for their mistakes.  In 6 consecutive games last year, Duke directly cost us a goal and numerous points, yet it wan't mentioned.  Ifil then cocks up, and King is right on it.  

Criticise everyone equally, i say...  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: