Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199785 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 21:21:04 »

The bundesliga argument fucks me off.They get more outside help than any other league

Plus plenty of lower league German clubs are in serious financial shit, its far from the idea setup some think (excluding the big clubs)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 22:41:43 »

It's worth noting Exeter City are currently happily bouncing between Leagues 1 & 2 whilst being fan owned and self sufficient, with average attendances far lower than ours
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 23:08:47 »

It really isn't a secret society

Sorry but after the Jeremy Wray business you are going to have to work harder than that to convince me (and a fair few others I suspect) otherwise
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 04:33:02 »

It's worth noting Exeter City are currently happily bouncing between Leagues 1 & 2 whilst being fan owned and self sufficient, with average attendances far lower than ours
You kind of answered your own point there. Do we want a yo yo lower league club with small attendances?  I would suggest that most supporters wouldn't.

It's All Good..............
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 04:49:55 »

You kind of answered your own point there. Do we want a yo yo lower league club with small attendances?  I would suggest that most supporters wouldn't.

I suspect that as many of our fans are disgusted that the board are trying to get the payroll down to 'only' £4.5m that a quite substantial reality check would be needed to reach this level.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 06:49:33 »

I see the tickets for the concerts still aren't up for sale and some of the acts are still to be conformed - oh dear. Story in todays Adver but can't find a link.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 07:46:58 »

Sorry but after the Jeremy Wray business you are going to have to work harder than that to convince me (and a fair few others I suspect) otherwise

Nah, you're alright, believe what you want. I assume the 'Jeremy Ray business' is him speaking as a member at the Trust AGM that was expressly open to non- members as well as members to ensure that absolutely anyone who was interested could attend (midweek travel issues notwithstanding). How many secret societies have an AGM and open it to everyone? The club certainly doesn't.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 07:52:48 »

Nah, you're alright, believe what you want. I assume the 'Jeremy Ray business' is him speaking as a member at the Trust AGM that was expressly open to non- members as well as members to ensure that absolutely anyone who was interested could attend (midweek travel issues notwithstanding). How many secret societies have an AGM and open it to everyone? The club certainly doesn't.

I don't have any gripe with the Trust meetings, didn't make it myself but thats because a 414 mile round trip didn't appeal.

I think the complaint is more to do with the fact that Wray attended and then asked for his discussions to be kept private, would this have been afforded to another Trust member and frankly if you have something to say man, say it - to me it just (from the outside and thus not knowing what was said) looks like someone trying to use the Trust to stir things up!

My main gripe is that if Wray thought the Trust was such a great things why did he not engage with them when he had real power to make a difference, again he may have explained this at the meeting but again it all looks a little like a token gesture or an attempt to use the Trust to gripe against new owners.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:09:52 »

I don't have any gripe with the Trust meetings, didn't make it myself but thats because a 414 mile round trip didn't appeal.

I think the complaint is more to do with the fact that Wray attended and then asked for his discussions to be kept private, would this have been afforded to another Trust member and frankly if you have something to say man, say it - to me it just (from the outside and thus not knowing what was said) looks like someone trying to use the Trust to stir things up!

My main gripe is that if Wray thought the Trust was such a great things why did he not engage with them when he had real power to make a difference, again he may have explained this at the meeting but again it all looks a little like a token gesture or an attempt to use the Trust to gripe against new owners.

I understand your concerns in the final paragraph, but only Jeremy Wray could answer those questions. From the Trust's perspective, however, it surely makes sense to welcome someone into the membership who has experience of not just running a football club but running our football club. And in my opinion (although it's clear not everyone will agree with me) running it well.

As for whether discretion would have been afforded to any member who asked for it, I rather think it would. Not every word of an open floor discussion can realistically be minuted anyway.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:12:49 »

Also should mention that Wray did engage in meetings with the Trust while chairman, although the main point of contact was Nick Watkins.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:16:21 »

Also should mention that Wray did engage in meetings with the Trust while chairman, although the main point of contact was Nick Watkins.

Thanks for clarifying that.

On another point, and apologies for the bombardment of questions, can you say whether the Trust have received any documentation from the mysterious Fredi?
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:26:00 »

I'm afraid I don't know. I will try to ask around. I'm interested too...
HexstaticSTFC

« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:42:19 »

We have a lot more than Exeter. Average last year 4784. We average 8963 in L1, if in the championship i reckon 10,000 would be achievable. what's to say we can't yo yo between L1 and the championship under fan ownership?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:45:04 »

We have a lot more than Exeter. Average last year 4784. We average 8963 in L1, if in the championship i reckon 10,000 would be achievable. what's to say we can't yo yo between L1 and the championship under fan ownership?

Exactly, that was the point I was trying to make.

Anyway, as I said earlier in the thread, for me the ideal scenerio is part fan ownership. I don't see that such a set up would prohibit building a League One promotion challenging team in time.

Out of interest, does any one know what the playing budget was for 09/10?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, June 4, 2013, 08:47:26 »

Shambles over the County Ground gig ticketing.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10460444.Tickets_for_County_Ground_concerts_still_not_on_sale/

Also apparently we are getting better training facilities in Calne. It seems there are a few 'good news' items being announced, but whether they come to fruition.

Jed kept going on about how the cash income from the gigs was guaranteed whether they go ahead or not.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: