Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199838 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 15:42:19 »

I agree with you on the whole we are an apathetic bunch, but the gimmick of people feeling like they own a piece of the club would pull people in.

As sad as it is, I don't honestly think any of the more casual fans understood what was happening under the Diamandis era.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 15:46:50 »

I agree with you on the whole we are an apathetic bunch, but the gimmick of people feeling like they own a piece of the club would pull people in.

As sad as it is, I don't honestly think any of the more casual fans understood what was happening under the Diamandis era.
The closest we got was during the protracted Bill Power bid; the majority of fans thought it was 'upsetting the applecart' and that fans should just support the team and shut up.

Sadly we were a very very small minority and it was incredibly difficult to get through to a large portion of fans who simply don't have a clue what is happening off the pitch. I doubt that has changed much.

edit: majority is perhaps an overstatement but we did get a fair bit of abuse from what I remember!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 15:51:05 »

They all got a nice free orange hat in return for joining

Cheap at half the price
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 15:52:58 »

Sadly we were a very very small minority and it was incredibly difficult to get through to a large portion of fans who simply don't have a clue what is happening off the pitch.

Or really care
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 16:07:35 »

I think Jed's very public PR cock ups plus the arrival of Twitter means more fans are aware of people behind the scenes, which really is a joke as Diamandis was a real crook.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 16:16:16 »

Most fans are probably only interested in the playing side of the club. Which is hardly surprising, as that's why we got interested in the first place.
Would the most vocal of the fanbase, currently looking at every little thing the current board are up to be as equally critical of a bunch of equally amateur, however well meaning, group of fans, if the trust took control? And what, if anything, could the trust do differently?
As previously stated, the only way fans could have control would be if it was gifted and I can't see that happening. As it stands the trust are a noisy, yet ultimately insignificant group.

It's All Good..............
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 16:48:55 »

Can we have a, admittedly, non scientific, poll on the site? With the following option?

Are you in favour of fan ownership of Swindon Town FC?

A) Yes, the fans should have complete control

B) Yes, the fans should have some control

C) No, the fans should be in the stands not the board room

D) I honestly don't care, I just want to watch the games.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:21:25 »

With this board A, even a board everyone trusts B.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #653 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:37:54 »

Can we have a, admittedly, non scientific, poll on the site? With the following option?

You could always set one up. Instead of 'new topic' you choose the 'post new poll' option.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:38:00 »

As it stands the fans are a noisy, yet ultimately insignificant group.

Corrected that for you. It's fine if you're happy with that state of affairs, but if anyone does want to see fans have an involvement in the running of the club then the Trust is the vehicle for that. And the Trust can only get more active, more vocal, better at stating its aims and better at ensuring those aims match those of a wide cross-section of the fanbase if more people join, and join in. It really isn't a secret society and this isn't The X Files, membership is open to everyone and they would welcome all the help they can get.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:39:11 »

B.

The Bundesliga pisses all over the Premier League for precisely this reason.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 17:42:04 »

Indeed although having clandestine conversations with Wray doesn't help transparency does it, although possibly not their fault.

Has anyone established why Wray had started cosying up to the Trust.

Didn't they have random meetings in the Glue pot?  A few people I know where there at the time and he was very open about stuff,  perhaps too open

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 18:15:30 »

You could always set one up. Instead of 'new topic' you choose the 'post new poll' option.

I had no idea such wonders were possible, have done so.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 18:28:16 »

B for me, something similar to the Bundesliga would be ideal as doesn't prevent outside investment.

If the FA/Football League were serious about safeguarding the future of clubs I would have thought they'd insist on some form of trustee system as part of the fit and proper person process. If any incoming owner had to allow some form of elected club supporter onto the board to it might deter some of the more dodgy characters. Unfortunately footballs purely driven by the Premier League in this country and there's no way the likes of Abramovic would allow anything like this too happen.
DRS

« Reply #659 on: Monday, June 3, 2013, 20:45:15 »

The bundesliga argument fucks me off.They get more outside help than any other league
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: