Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199673 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Friday, May 17, 2013, 20:32:18 »

i very nearly edited to say minus the success.
we made it to penalties at Griffin Park...
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 10:12:27 »

A mea culpa on their PR and positive steps on that front. At least they are making an effort. Proof will be in the pudding of what they have to say I guess.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/business-plan-evenings-831310.aspx

In the 12 weeks since we arrived we have faced a number of challenges, none more-so than our overall communication strategy

With this in mind and after reviewing the business to date we will be in a position to directly engage both business groups and the STFC fan-base with our detailed plans for the future of Swindon Town.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 10:18:16 »

Good first step..
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 10:21:20 »

I still can't see them recovering from this position.. Oh well, we'll see.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 10:51:47 »

You mean they have a plan? !!
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:00:57 »

Not necessarily, but they have till early July to get one! ;-)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:01:59 »

I think they do. They've taken over a bit of a monster. A club with wages spiralling out of control and on the brink of administration. It seems as if they are trying to do what a number of business are doing, which is cutting costs. Not popular, but unfortunately necessary, unless you have someone constantly bankrolling you.

I thought that there were exciting times ahead when we dropped down to L2. I was pleased that we rid ourselves of what I thought was a cancerous set of players that were bleeding the club dry. I didn't realise that what we were doing was replacing them with a number of other mercenaries.

I would love to see us do a Yeovil or Crewe and build our own talented squad, but then augment it with a couple of exciting players that could make us more that just competitive. Pipe dream perhaps.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DRS

« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:04:34 »

I think they do. They've taken over a bit of a monster. A club with wages spiralling out of control and on the brink of administration. It seems as if they are trying to do what a number of business are doing, which is cutting costs. Not popular, but unfortunately necessary, unless you have someone constantly bankrolling you.

I thought that there were exciting times ahead when we dropped down to L2. I was pleased that we rid ourselves of what I thought was a cancerous set of players that were bleeding the club dry. I didn't realise that what we were doing was replacing them with a number of other mercenaries.

I would love to see us do a Yeovil or Crewe and build our own talented squad, but then augment it with a couple of exciting players that could make us more that just competitive. Pipe dream perhaps.
Finally some fucking common sense
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:06:28 »

Good first step..

It's something, but what is needed is a proper open meeting, with questions and answers, with the fans. There's really no need for tickets as Town fans are notoriously apathetic, so they'll be doing well to get 100, let alone 300.

Even the Board of SSW, used to do this sort of thing fairly regularly, although of course Diamond Mike was kept in a dark cupboard somewhere.

The Adver eventually managed to smoke him out , where we learnt he bought into the club for a £1, for a laugh.

They also used to like an open viewing laid on by St Modwen, of their plans for developing the whole CG site (cricket ground, extension, the lot)  they'd get 3 men and a dog for these...even the dog was strange.
DRS

« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:10:40 »

It's something, but what is needed is a proper open meeting, with questions and answers, with the fans. There's really no need for tickets as Town fans are notoriously apathetic, so they'll be doing well to get 100, let alone 300.

Even the Board of SSW, used to do this sort of thing fairly regularly, although of course Diamond Mike was kept in a dark cupboard somewhere.

The Adver eventually managed to smoke him out , where we learnt he bought into the club for a £1, for a laugh.

They also used to like an open viewing laid on by St Modwen, of their plans for developing the whole CG site (cricket ground, extension, the lot)  they'd get 3 men and a dog for these...even the dog was strange.
I may be being thick here reg and don’t mean to sound like I am having a pop but what are you trying to say here?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:22:21 »

I may be being thick here reg and don’t mean to sound like I am having a pop but what are you trying to say here?

That he would like an open meeting where fans can pose questions etc... oh and something about a strange dog?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:27:31 »

A mea culpa on their PR and positive steps on that front. At least they are making an effort. Proof will be in the pudding of what they have to say I guess.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/business-plan-evenings-831310.aspx

Agree with this. PR this week has been a lot better to be fair to the board. The only issue being that a lot of the news has been negative.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:28:10 »

Baldrick is their planning advisor !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:39:26 »

A step in the right direction, but not what is really needed, that should be a straight open meeting Q and A, get RS and the Adver along, and call it a Fan's Forum.

Also by making the comparison to previous Boards with dodgy reputations, I'm trying to point out plans don't always come to fruition, however sexy the drawings, models and power points might be.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 12:06:30 »

quote author=Reg Smeeton link=topic=51390.msg1197221#msg1197221 date=1369222766]
A step in the right direction, but not what is really needed, that should be a straight open meeting Q and A, get RS and the Adver along, and call it a Fan's Forum.

Also by making the comparison to previous Boards with dodgy reputations, I'm trying to point out plans don't always come to fruition, however sexy the drawings, models and power points might be.

[/quote]

More than one fan should be aloud to turn up though. Wink

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: