Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199682 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 14:14:28 »

The club is turning into a bit of a reality show isn't it?  A bit of a shame really after the recent promise.  It's going to be an interesting summer anyway, if not from the "build a new squad" front.

I am trying my best not to get upset/wound up by the events that are being reported daily, doing quite well so far.  I think it is because I needed a break after this season so it's easier to have a "whatever" attitude at the moment.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 14:24:10 »

apparently there was an incident at Franchise away in their exec lounge,

Some positive news at last...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 14:30:00 »

I needed a break after this season so it's easier to have a "whatever" attitude at the moment.

I'm doing my best to do the same Berni, so much so that Reg has just made me laugh and written something i agree with all at the same time.

Some positive news at last...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 14:30:16 »

You're just a grumpy bastard full stop Smiley

Very true. Getting old. You must remember what that's like!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 15:34:24 »

The club is turning into a bit of a reality show isn't it?  A bit of a shame really after the recent promise.  It's going to be an interesting summer anyway, if not from the "build a new squad" front.

I am trying my best not to get upset/wound up by the events that are being reported daily, doing quite well so far.  I think it is because I needed a break after this season so it's easier to have a "whatever" attitude at the moment.
I'm going to try my best to ignore it, enjoy the good weather (if it comes back) and the Ashes series and then worry about next season when it starts.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 16:06:50 »

I'm going to try my best to ignore it, enjoy the good weather (if it comes back) and the Ashes series and then worry about next season when it starts.

Think I'm going to take this approach. Should be a decent football-free sporting summer, let's see where we're at come August.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 16:09:11 »

I think the ashes could be more fiercely contested than many think. Very much looking forward to it.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 16:19:15 »

The Ashes doesn't start much before the football season....certainly friendlies will be underway. You'll ned to find some other stuff to fill up the time. How about cycling? Tour of Norway is on atm.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 17:01:07 »

There's another new investor joining.

Me.
Ordered myself a nice Audi today, cheers Jed

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 17:48:12 »

The Ashes doesn't start much before the football season....certainly friendlies will be underway. You'll ned to find some other stuff to fill up the time. How about cycling? Tour of Norway is on atm.
Too many hills for my liking. The friendlies won't hold much relevance to me unless the board decide to follow in Uwe Rosler's footsteps and have pre-season in Lillestrøm.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 18:54:30 »

Too many hills for my liking. The friendlies won't hold much relevance to me unless the board decide to follow in Uwe Rosler's footsteps and have pre-season in Lillestrøm.

I wasn't suggesting you ride the Tour of Norway, rather watch it.

Think the days of exotic pre-seasons are gone. Be back to the days when Kingy used to take them to Southport. MacDonald might be able to set something up in Brum, a training camp in Tipton, Oldbury or Rowley Regis.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 19:15:48 »

I wasn't suggesting you ride the Tour of Norway, rather watch it.

Think the days of exotic pre-seasons are gone. Be back to the days when Kingy used to take them to Southport. MacDonald might be able to set something up in Brum, a training camp in Tipton, Oldbury or Rowley Regis.
I'm hoping Norwegian TV will be filling their summer schedule this year with more footage recorded from cameras on top of trains, buses, trams and t-bane around Oslo...it'll save me the ticket fee
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 21:15:46 »

To be fair kids can be like that. Lets leave them out of it.

Who was it that was alleged to have had a drunken altercation at the Bury match? I genuinely got confused.

I was told Murrell, but then someone else said Hooper.  They all seem on a par to be honest.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 22:09:45 »

I heard that Murrell twatted Winkelman at Franchise post match.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 22:10:03 »

Sounds like a right cunt.

This.

1st test match starts 3rd July and think we'll be into the 4th test by the opening league game weekend (not 100% sure though)...NZ series starts tomorrow, best get that thread started!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: