Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199743 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 10:19:05 »

Reality is academy status is not feasible, when you're trying to run a sustainable club...a few years back you needed to spend a mill a season in order to maintain that level. Now it would be more, and the rules have been skewed again in favour of the Prem.

Oh aye, it's a pipe dream, but it'd be nice to take some steps towards it, even if they're baby ones.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 10:42:02 »

People moan about our scouting (and probably rightly so, do we even have a set up?), but, whether through chance or design, we do unearth real gems from time to time. Even our youth system turns up some good players. Bodin went for a fee, Morrison as well. If the Thompson 'twins' stay here and reach their potential we'll have a pair of great investments.
The Ken Ryder-led scouting system was made redundant by a certain fellow who is now at Sunderland, preferred to have Phil Spencer cold calling other agents asking about players who might just like to come to Swindon!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 11:05:55 »

The Ken Ryder-led scouting system was made redundant by a certain fellow who is now at Sunderland, preferred to have Phil Spencer cold calling other agents asking about players who might just like to come to Swindon!

Sunderlands scouting system disappeared the day that certain fellow appeared there  Hmmm
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 11:26:14 »

For a man who signed so many players, the return we are left with on saleable assets is appalling. 
Dazzza

« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:11:10 »

I read this in the Mail(I bleached my eye balls shortly after) but is there any truth in it?

I remember a few years ago a lot of effort was put into building up the scouting network and I cant imagine we dropped the whole lot on the say so of our cherished ex-loon. 

Also talking Youth, has Bodin returned back to work, is he still signed off and ikely to ever return?

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 12:21:37 »

I read this in the Mail(I bleached my eye balls shortly after) but is there any truth in it?

I remember a few years ago a lot of effort was put into building up the scouting network and I cant imagine we dropped the whole lot on the say so of our cherished ex-loon. 

Ryder was the only one employed by the club and he was definitely a casualty of the Di Canio invasion and is now at Shrewsbury.

http://thewashbag.com/2011/07/04/not-scouting-for-boys-have-swindon-given-up-signing-young-talent/
and
http://en.calameo.com/read/001705068f3bd4655d3dd (skip to p. 38 & 39)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 10:49:28 »

Tweet from Adver Editor:

Gary Lawrence ‏@gazzaloz 4m
First meeting with #stfc gen manager Steve Murrall. Didn't introduce himself, threatened me with lawyers and stormed out. So that went well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:13:41 »

Tweet from Adver Editor:

First meeting with #stfc gen manager Steve Murrall. Didn't introduce himself, threatened me with lawyers and stormed out. So that went well.

Interesting...probably not happy with a couple of the pieces critical of the Board that have recently appeared.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:26:44 »

Tweet from Adver Editor:

Worse PR skills than David Brent.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:35:00 »

Tweet from Adver Editor:

Ah good, legal threats, that's what we like to hear.

adamdjohno Club not happy about not having right of reply on today's back page. That's despite refusing to comment three times

They're not great at this media lark are they.

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:36:45 »

Is he the one that (allegedly) likes a drink and (allegedly) gets a bit lairy in the exec lounge?

Sounds like our current General Manager is equally as welcoming as our last one.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:40:05 »

Is he the one that (allegedly) likes a drink and (allegedly) gets a bit lairy in the exec lounge?

Sounds like our current General Manager is equally as welcoming as our last one.

It's fantastic, they have had the benefit of the doubt from the Advertiser so far, but cannot see that lasting after this.

Jed essentially admitted that some form of exec lounge incident did happen, can't see him being here long.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:50:27 by horlock07 » Logged
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:41:03 »

Tweet from Adver Editor:

Doh

It just never ends....

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 11:50:32 »

Tweet from Adver Editor:

Absolute clown. Yet another PR own goal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 12:16:05 »

Normal service resumed after the Watkins & Wray/Fitton 'blip' then.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 12:22:24 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: