Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199773 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 21:42:45 »

If anyone was that concerned by the risk they wouldn't have bought a season ticket. These rumours have been around for a couple of months.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 21:46:35 »

If anyone was that concerned by the risk they wouldn't have bought a season ticket. These rumours have been around for a couple of months.

I did seriously consider not renewing, because I wasn't entirely comfortable and I'm sure there's plenty of others who felt the same.  My heart and my 9 year old overruled my head in the end though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 22:47:27 »

I renewed on the basis that i like going to football and go to pretty much all home games anyway. Nothing to do with the board.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 22:57:51 »

I renewed on the basis that i like going to football and go to pretty much all home games anyway. Nothing to do with the board.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 22:58:39 »

To be honest I only renew for the playoff away leg tickets.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 23:35:00 »

phew - I thought that you knew we were going under Joteddy. I bought the ticket as it's 23 matches that I love going to at £16 a pop, win or lose!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 06:41:34 »

SAM has Jed's answers, will be in tomorrows Adver apparently.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 06:52:47 »

Good stuff. It will be interesting to see what they have to say.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 06:58:50 »

I heard that the Adver's spell checker just can't cope with it all, so it'll be next week until we get to read their bullshit.
REDBUCK

« Reply #429 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 07:15:05 »

Someone better alert the samaritans to watch out for the suicidal side and drama queens because no matter what he says there will be some if this thread is any guide
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 07:26:02 »

Still if Yeovil and Walsall can do it I suppose...

Exactly, we had it good for a couple of seasons, it could never last unless Black or AN Other threw more money at it, but those clubs do it on considerably smaller budgets.

Personally I would rather have a local club (OK I live in Lancashire but I hope you know what I mean) with a team I can relate to and is sustainable and theres a chance my kid will have a team to support.

Di Canio was a good manager but he took us very close to the edge...
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #431 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 08:52:38 »

I don't think it will be quite to the extremes of Yeovil and Walsall but probably similar to the sort of budget we had pre-Fitton.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 08:55:14 »

Personally I would rather have a local club (OK I live in Lancashire but I hope you know what I mean) with a team I can relate to and is sustainable and theres a chance my kid will have a team to support.

If the worst thing that happens over the summer is that we cut some of the budget and operate more sustainably with a focus on picking up young talent from other clubs then I'll be happy with that. Ferry and Caddis were both youngsters we picked up from the SPL, Flint was a bargain from the lower leagues, Collins although not so cheap in the end came from our level.

Go back a bit further and we've picked up some brilliant young players on the cheap from both the top division and non-league - Parkin, Cox and Austin in particular.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 10:00:18 »

If the worst thing that happens over the summer is that we cut some of the budget and operate more sustainably with a focus on picking up young talent from other clubs then I'll be happy with that. Ferry and Caddis were both youngsters we picked up from the SPL, Flint was a bargain from the lower leagues, Collins although not so cheap in the end came from our level.

Go back a bit further and we've picked up some brilliant young players on the cheap from both the top division and non-league - Parkin, Cox and Austin in particular.

Nail on head there. Collins was only expensive because the FA/FL/powers that be tribunal has to get involved now.

People moan about our scouting (and probably rightly so, do we even have a set up?), but, whether through chance or design, we do unearth real gems from time to time. Even our youth system turns up some good players. Bodin went for a fee, Morrison as well. If the Thompson 'twins' stay here and reach their potential we'll have a pair of great investments.

If we want to start living more sustainably, I think getting our youth set up to academy level is more important than expanding the ground at this time, loathe as I am to say it. Can't find any quotes as to the cost of this, but I'm guessing it's not as cheap as sticking some boxes in the DRS. If Jedward want to live sustainably and show a real commitment to the club, what with the way the game is going, we need to get it built just to stop our best youthers being nicked and sent elsewhere.

If we keep Kmac, Jedward have got all the experience they need to improve the youth set-up and get in the right people needed to make it into something like Crewe's 'production line'. No offence to Paul Bodin of course (he might sue me). It will take a few years to really start working, look at how long Dario Grady's been at Crewe, but it'll be worth it in the long run.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 10:11:13 »

Nail on head there. Collins was only expensive because the FA/FL/powers that be tribunal has to get involved now.

People moan about our scouting (and probably rightly so, do we even have a set up?), but, whether through chance or design, we do unearth real gems from time to time. Even our youth system turns up some good players. Bodin went for a fee, Morrison as well. If the Thompson 'twins' stay here and reach their potential we'll have a pair of great investments.

If we want to start living more sustainably, I think getting our youth set up to academy level is more important than expanding the ground at this time, loathe as I am to say it. Can't find any quotes as to the cost of this, but I'm guessing it's not as cheap as sticking some boxes in the DRS. If Jedward want to live sustainably and show a real commitment to the club, what with the way the game is going, we need to get it built just to stop our best youthers being nicked and sent elsewhere.

If we keep Kmac, Jedward have got all the experience they need to improve the youth set-up and get in the right people needed to make it into something like Crewe's 'production line'. No offence to Paul Bodin of course (he might sue me). It will take a few years to really start working, look at how long Dario Grady's been at Crewe, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Reality is academy status is not feasible, when you're trying to run a sustainable club...a few years back you needed to spend a mill a season in order to maintain that level. Now it would be more, and the rules have been skewed again in favour of the Prem.

I would prefer Jed and co to come out and say, that the club is to be run on a much reduced budget using some of the lads from the youth team and the Prem rejects that can be picked up, with a few old pros, rather than shell out on things like Ruddock, players the club can't afford.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: