Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199717 times)
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 14:11:03 »

Are we really surprised with this outcome? It was blatant!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 14:22:30 »

don't accountants open lots companies for their customers and then clear off??
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 14:41:08 »

I got slated by the chimp earlier in this thread for suggesting that I believed this would be the case on the day of the Q&A session.

Apparently I was being anti-trust!  Roll Eyes

No you didn't twat. The board failing to answer questions is one thing, and you probably weren't alone in thinking that it might happen. But that isn't what you posted though, or what pissed me off.

I slagged you off for suggesting that the whole meeting was "staged",  The word staged only has a couple of definitions in this context:

- To arrange and carry out
- To present a performance as if on a stage.

I guess you could have meant the first of these definitions, but it seemed a bit odd for you to be suggesting that the board had "arranging" the meeting was in some way a bad thing. Which only leaves the second definition, that the meeting wasn't a genuine attempt by a group of fans representatives to ask some questions and raise some concerns but was some kind of performance designed to make the rest of us think there was some open exchange of ideas going on and fob us all off. And this sort of implies that all those involved were playing along in some way, including that Trust and Supporters Club reps.

When I pointed that out you denied that this was what you meant when you used the phrase "staged", and I couldn't be arsed to force the issue at the time, so I just assumed you had some idiosyncratic definition of the word that the rest of the English speaking world didn't share, or had simply typed the word without really thinking about what it meant, and I let it go.

Clearly you're not able to do the same.

So fine. If you're clear in your own mind that you didn't mean to imply that the meeting was in some way a put up job, then I'm sure we're all prepared to believe you. But don't re-open the fucking argument with a total misrepresentation of what it was about when the whole fucking thing actually grew out of your inability to express yourself clearly.

Maybe you should try thinking before you hit the post button and checking your posting actually says what you mean, and doesn't unintentionally question to honesty of other people.

And BTW. Chimp? Are you colour blind or simply not up on the your higher primates?

..never go back.
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 14:44:12 »

You've not got a chip on your shoulder dalumpimunki have you !!!

Wise men say........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 14:48:57 »

You've not got a chip on your shoulder dalumpimunki have you !!!

I find him to be a balanced individual. Chips on both shoulders.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 15:22:26 »

I find him to be a balanced individual. Chips on both shoulders.

I've got a whole bag of chips on both shoulders.

Never really got that whole chip on the shoulder thing. Weird way to start a fight.

..never go back.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 15:26:40 »

Are you like angry shouty man?  Smiley
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 15:30:40 »

Are you like angry shouty man?  Smiley

I'm normally alright as long as I don't watch Question Time or Newsnight.

..never go back.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 15:50:39 »

I'm normally alright as long as I don't watch Question Time or Newsnight.
Or come on here.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 15:58:46 »

Or come on here.

I can post fine on here when I'm engaging with reasonable people. But I don't like being wrongly accused of stuff.

..never go back.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 16:01:42 »

I can post fine on here when I'm engaging with reasonable people. But I don't like being wrongly accused of stuff.
But you'd never ever accuse someone of something would you? Smiley

Anyway, there are no reasonable people on here.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 16:03:53 »

You shot the sherriff.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 16:17:19 »

This seems like a pretty reasonable conversation to me. And even when we have had misunderstandings in the past about things, like when I read the tone of whatever you posted last week wrong, it gets resolved pretty easily.

..never go back.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 16:17:30 »

I'm reasonable and well balanced.

It's All Good..............
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Friday, May 3, 2013, 16:50:34 »

The thing that seems to stand out about Crouch is that he has held a very large number of Directorships in his career, and most of the companies in which he has been involved have closed down.  

As has been said most of those appointments will have been start ups or in temporary Accountancy roles.

Anyway the fact that a company is dissolved doesn't mean anything in itself, the dissolution could be voluntary etc. It's when a Director's record reeks of repeated insolvancy 'episodes' that you might be inclined to worry a little, as might be said to be the case with one or two currently involved and/or reported to be involved.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 3, 2013, 16:53:04 by manc_red » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: