Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199789 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 13:57:49 »

The pitches at Beversbrook are very good, and they are about to add a spanking new artificial pitch there too. Can't see a problem with it personally.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Flashheart

« Reply #286 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:00:36 »

The old training ground was a field with some cones and the new training ground will also be a field with some cones.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:06:24 »

Who's picking up the cones.  We lost our regular cone gatherer in the great purge of jan 13 didnt we?

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:09:25 »

I'm sure the new arrangement will be a backwards step. Currently there are 3pitches that are solely used by the first team. They are high quality and exact sizes of the county ground surface. 4 other pitches plus 2  mini pitches are used by the cofe . Also the location is near home base. If anything the club should be looking to do something with supermarine if they have to move.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:13:11 by arriba » Logged
phelpsieboy

« Reply #289 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:15:01 »

Port Vale fans are claiming Perry Deakin is a new Director, I highly doubt this is true.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:17:54 »

Wasn't the place at Calne part funded (wholly?) by a branch of the FA, if so I cannot see a problem with moving there.  Wiltshire Sound were reporting that we were going to invest a signifcant sum in helping to further develop the ground at Calne.  As regards King Edward's Place, there were several times last season when training could not take place there and we had to migrate to Cirencester and their artificial surfaces.  
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:19:09 »

This report doesn't sit well with me at all.

So he hasn't invested, he's lent the money as a loan...hmmm.
Sir Seton and his family were always loaning the club money a few years ago - doubt they ever got much back though!
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 14:56:46 »

is fredi a GCHQ worker ? fuck would I love to work there
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:02:07 »

I'm surprised more comment hasn't been passed on this snippet of info. I appreciate, we probably can't afford Wanborough any longer, as we downsize the club...but why Calne of all places...isn't there somewhere a bit closer to home.

OK it might be a really good deal and make no difference...but as someone who down the years hasn't been adverse to watching a few training sessions, this seems a strange move.

When I started off, we had the A Ground, down the end of Shrivenham Road....this I reckon lasted until very early Macari, when we were evicted by the Thatcherite drive to place community assets into the hands of private owners.

Then the Wills Ground was used...well I recall my first encounter with Ossie Ardiles...I had to show him the hole in the CG Extension hedge that you went through to access it...swoon....

When the Wills Ground was concreted...it was off to the BR Ground, in the days of Hoddle.  Often too wet to use, Glenn would often conduct sessions on the all weather part of the athletics track on the Extension...using the jumping zone for ball skills work.

We've been up at Wanborough, for a good few years now...excellent facility...in the early days it was easy to get in to watch training...always an eye opener, but then security kicked in etc, and it became too difficult...although, the odd session with King coincided with work.

I suppose it will be good for the out of towners and there's a good few in Calne.

Because I told them it was more convenient for me
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:02:49 »

Port Vale fans are claiming Perry Deakin is a new Director, I highly doubt this is true.
how the fuck would they know?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:07:25 »

how the fuck would they know?

Well nobody seems to know here, despite last nights meeting...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:07:56 »

Because football message board freaks know everything.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:16:50 »

is fredi a GCHQ worker ? fuck would I love to work there

Here you go : http://www.gchq.gov.uk/Careers/Pages/index.aspx  Cheesy
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:41:31 »

The pitches at Beversbrook are very good, and they are about to add a spanking new artificial pitch there too. Can't see a problem with it personally.
Only negative I can think is drainage issues. Many Sunday League games are called off for the slightest of rain this season.
Positive, maybe all the local talents will join Swindon set up and not bloody Reading and Bristol Shitty.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 15:46:11 »

So in a nutshell .......................

Was Fredi Right?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: