Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199683 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:54:29 »

This report doesn't sit well with me at all.

So he hasn't invested, he's lent the money as a loan...hmmm.

Isn't that the way most owners put cash into clubs? Believe the situation was the same under Black et al, hence the debts owed to him which had to be wiped off when he left.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:55:29 »

Isn't this exactly what Fitton etc did though all depends on what happens at expiry date as if he converts to equity to won't matter.

No more or less concerned than previously, the whole due dilligence thing is strange to have been going on this long however if that is legit the suggestion of £200k wouldn't be far from the mark as it potentially has been dragging on since the last week in January!

I don't know why specifcally but I have a hope that Mr Crouch may buy us, he just seems a little more legit and business minded - nothing to base that on factually just a feeling.
Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:56:34 »

Bloody hell.

What do you expect?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:59:46 »

That doesn't really move the situation on at all.I'll await the written stuff.

/
W56196272
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 12:40:05 »

Shit board. Why can't we get a 'jack walker' who will plow money in willy nilly?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 12:44:59 »

Shit board. Why can't we get a 'jack walker' who will plow money in willy nilly?!

May the ghost of Neville haunt you.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #276 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 12:46:33 »

And by 2015 too...
kerry red

« Reply #277 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 12:50:47 »

Whilst I have grave reservations about all the boardroom shenanigans I don't actually think the loan by Jedward is any different to what almost every owner does.

At the other end of the scale, the Yanks that took over Man Utd have indebted the club to about £800m - raising money to fund their own takeover.

It's accepted because they are doing well.

The fella at Rangers funded his takeover by selling the income from the next 4 years worth of ST sales.

They are all at it. And if they can accomplish whatever their intentions are by not actually using their own money the happier they are.

Our new lot are no different - we might not like it, but there you are

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 12:51:06 »

Nothing's changed then. Still doesn't look good and inevitably will leaves the club in the shit
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #279 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 12:53:16 »

Probably for the same reason you and I don't give all (or a significant proportion) of our disposable income to the club.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 13:07:57 »

Why are we building a new training facility? What are we building and who will own it?

I'm surprised more comment hasn't been passed on this snippet of info. I appreciate, we probably can't afford Wanborough any longer, as we downsize the club...but why Calne of all places...isn't there somewhere a bit closer to home.

OK it might be a really good deal and make no difference...but as someone who down the years hasn't been adverse to watching a few training sessions, this seems a strange move.

When I started off, we had the A Ground, down the end of Shrivenham Road....this I reckon lasted until very early Macari, when we were evicted by the Thatcherite drive to place community assets into the hands of private owners.

Then the Wills Ground was used...well I recall my first encounter with Ossie Ardiles...I had to show him the hole in the CG Extension hedge that you went through to access it...swoon....

When the Wills Ground was concreted...it was off to the BR Ground, in the days of Hoddle.  Often too wet to use, Glenn would often conduct sessions on the all weather part of the athletics track on the Extension...using the jumping zone for ball skills work.

We've been up at Wanborough, for a good few years now...excellent facility...in the early days it was easy to get in to watch training...always an eye opener, but then security kicked in etc, and it became too difficult...although, the odd session with King coincided with work.

I suppose it will be good for the out of towners and there's a good few in Calne.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 13:13:23 »

Calne is well within our supporter catchment area.  As you say, we draw plenty of fans from the area and - you never know - this could result in a few more catching the bug.  Can't see a problem with moving the training facilities there, to be honest.

And it is only 15 miles away from Swindon.

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 13:18:35 »

Cheap option I think. Always been talk of the pgl thing coming to an end but going to calne isn't ideal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 13:19:02 »

Calne is well within our supporter catchment area.  As you say, we draw plenty of fans from the area and - you never know - this could result in a few more catching the bug.  Can't see a problem with moving the training facilities there, to be honest.

And it is only 15 miles away from Swindon.

The problem for me is that it seems to be moving the club away from it's historic roots. I accept that we have to downsize, but surely something else could have been found in Swindon.  Maybe there's a deal here that is just to good to miss out on, but..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 13:19:52 »

Can I borrow 1.2M @ 0% please!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: