Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199781 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 19:30:52 »

Not fussed who owns the club provided they're up to the job, but I'd love us to follow the Crewe model.

And on that note: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22278754
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 20:06:55 »

Sooner or later a Swindon fan will have a lottery win/sell their business for millions and plough their fortune into the club.

I had a dream that I won the euromillions and bought the club, I was being paraded around the pitch and all was well with the world... I also wore a purple coat and leopard print shoes Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 20:11:04 »

Not fussed who owns the club provided they're up to the job, but I'd love us to follow the Crewe model.

I reckon a club could make a go of it in The Championship by feeding off the scraps from PL clubs and loan deals. There are plenty of examples of players released by PL clubs at 18 or later who a few years later change hands for big money. You just need the right manager who has knowledge and experience of youth development and good contacts with PL clubs.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 20:20:51 »

I'd rather have 20 years of excitement and ambition, than an eternity of being financially sustainable in League 2/Conference with no ambition. What would be the point in that? It's like wishing for a long, monotonous, boring life just because it means you have a long life, rather than having a shorter life filled with excitement and doing things you enjoy.

If that makes any sense.

Better to burn out then fade away I believe the saying goes!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 20:24:18 »

I reckon a club could make a go of it in The Championship by feeding off the scraps from PL clubs and loan deals. There are plenty of examples of players released by PL clubs at 18 or later who a few years later change hands for big money. You just need the right manager who has knowledge and experience of youth development and good contacts with PL clubs.

We might have one of those at the moment
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 20:48:35 »

I also wore a purple coat and leopard print shoes Cheesy

So you became a pimp...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 21:38:20 »

TrustSTFC ‏@TrustSTFC 7m

Very long, interesting meeting with Jed. He's agreed to answer questions posed in writing tomorrow. We'll update more fully tomorrow too.

.@MatB_STFC69 Jed was v generous with his time & made a lot of +ve points. Still questions to be answered so we'll wait and see on those.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 21:41:07 »

Thing about Crewe is that they set the wheels in motion 30 years ago, back then they were a perpetual seeker of re-election and wanted something different.

However to get their model is very expensive and a niche market which they've cornered. It would be just about impossible to replicate now.  We had an opportunity 30 odd years ago, John Trollope regularly fielded a side with 6 or 7 players, who'd been brought up through the ranks..Don Rogers was the youth team coach...we got relegated.

Think Davis says in that article, that can happen with a young side...Trollope stuck with it in Div 4, but elements in the albeit very small crowd ran out of patience and demanded change...we got Ken Beamish.

Trying to run the club sustainably...saw us kick around in Div 4 for another couple of seasons, until some money was chucked at it...money we didn't have.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 21:52:52 »

TrustSTFC ‏@TrustSTFC 7m

Very long, interesting meeting with Jed. He's agreed to answer questions posed in writing tomorrow. We'll update more fully tomorrow too.

.@MatB_STFC69 Jed was v generous with his time & made a lot of +ve points. Still questions to be answered so we'll wait and see on those.

So do we assume from that he didn't answer the questions tonight or that he is going to follow up what he said in writing?

If previous communication is anything to go by, I won't be holding my breath on responses to the unanswered questions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 21:54:57 »

No idea, I read that as he answered a lot positively, but some answers were outstanding and all others would be re-affirmed in writing. I think this is good.

Seems he took the issue of poor communication on board:

TrustSTFC ‏@TrustSTFC 15m
Importantly, agreement on regular structured meetings and open Q & A with fans.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 21:57:37 by Batch » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 22:37:44 »

Just got back from the meeting.

Questions asked by the Trust and Supp Club will be answered in writing, hopefully tomorrow.

The four current board members...are still the board members. Power has not yet joined, nor has SC. Jed said that it ws a typo that only he and Power were the board.

He is the 100% owner of Seebeck 87, so owns the club in full.

They are building a new training ground in Calne, BeaverBrooks, and they are looking to extend the J Town Room and put in exec boxes in the DRS.

The club will earn 150k a gig when the concerts are held.

The Matt Ritchie sale was down to the prevou board...and there was no add ons.

The rest, well I'm still trying to get my head around what else was said....

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 22:49:02 »

Just got back from the meeting.

Questions asked by the Trust and Supp Club will be answered in writing, hopefully tomorrow.

The four current board members...are still the board members. Power has not yet joined, nor has SC. Jed said that it ws a typo that only he and Power were the board.

He is the 100% owner of Seebeck 87, so owns the club in full.

They are building a new training ground in Calne, BeaverBrooks, and they are looking to extend the J Town Room and put in exec boxes in the DRS.

The club will earn 150k a gig when the concerts are held.

The Matt Ritchie sale was down to the prevou board...and there was no add ons.

what did he say when they were asked and did he look shifty?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
ADJr

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 23:04:05 »

Forgive me for wanting to know at least a bit more detail as to what this refers to?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 23:08:06 »

Forgive me for wanting to know at least a bit more detail as to what this refers to?

A lot was said...and it's been a long night.

They'll be a more detailed report on the Trust website later on Thursday....with hopefully the answers to the questions, which Sam will get first.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ADJr

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 23:10:17 »

A lot was said...and it's been a long night.

They'll be a more detailed report on the Trust website later on Thursday....with hopefully the answers to the questions, which Sam will get first.

Cheers, respect that.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: