Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 73   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board, consultancy fees, Mercs and how to identify a duck  (Read 199730 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 12:59:42 »

You've just suggested that we won't get anything out of the meeting as it is staged. What does that mean other than you think the questionners are set up beforehand to ask easy questions.

What the fuck does staged mean otherwise.

Well it does appear that some of the board members are doing a disappearing act.

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:09:26 »

They can say what they like in a prepared meeting. It's only words. Means nothing.
It's clearly a dodgy situation. No answers needed to see that.
I want them out as their reasons for taking over here is not for STFC's best interests,it's their own. Again no need to even ask a question in that regard.

Fan ownership is the only secure long term future for us
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:11:10 »

£200,000 for the risk of taking on the club while a full audit was being conducted before main backers were prepared to invest. If anything untoward cropped up the main backers would pull out leaving Jedco "lumbered" with the club. Obviously only a guess on my part.

About 570'ish season tickets borrowed.

Still think strategy will be to sell and make some money.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:29:57 »

Fan ownership is the only secure long term future for us

The issue of fan representation will also be raised.
iffy

« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:57:17 »

I would welcome a more active position from the Trust on fan representation.

Don't raise it, demand it.

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/History.aspx
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 13:58:30 »

If we had sole fan ownership where do you think the club would sit in the football pyramid?  Not having a go, genuine question.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:02:14 »

If we had sole fan ownership where do you think the club would sit in the football pyramid?  Not having a go, genuine question.

I'd have thought we could sustain Conference football.
iffy

« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:08:10 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-owned_sports_teams

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:32:13 »

I'd have thought we could sustain Conference football.

Exeter are making a decent fist of bouncing between Leagues One and Two and are fan owned, with much lower attendances than us.

We'd have to cut our cloth accordingly, and would have to run a much tighter ship than we have in the past few years but I wouldn't rule out us operating a fan operated club in the lower reaches of  Football League.

HexstaticSTFC

« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:47:48 »

League Two would be achievable with the occasional flirt with League One. More importantly the club would be run by the fans that will insure longevity.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 14:53:43 »

It will be interesting to see how Pompey get on.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 15:26:01 »

It will be interesting to see how Pompey get on.

Indeed, everyone else who has full fan ownership, as opposed to the Swansea model, it's fair to say are 'smaller' clubs than us. Pompey are a huge test case now, I hope they can pull it off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 15:42:26 »

Exeter are making a decent fist of bouncing between Leagues One and Two and are fan owned, with much lower attendances than us.

We'd have to cut our cloth accordingly, and would have to run a much tighter ship than we have in the past few years but I wouldn't rule out us operating a fan operated club in the lower reaches of  Football League.

All cases are unique here...for example do Exeter own the ground, and so pay no rent?  Also they were going nowhere, but had the happy fortune of getting a ManUre away in the Cup...getting a replay which brought in the money to get them back in Div 4.

Would our crowds stand up...would SBC be prepared to accept a reduced rent (we know the answer to that)

I suspect if we did go for the model, then maintaining Conference football would be about right.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 16:06:59 »

This might make me unpopular, but fucked if I'd be happy with being a League 1/2 yoyo club, even if that's where we've spent most of our time. You've got to have ambition surely? Fan representation,  yes. Sole ownership? Can't see it as an attractive option for people who want to follow an ambitious club with more than survival on its mind.

It's All Good..............
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 16:07:47 »

I really hate the thought of us being owned by our fans. Just because most of our fans are fucking retards, we get divided massively because of the fucking tactics so it'd all end in tears in my eyes. If a fans group could come in and sort out the stadium situation then I'd be slightly more optimistic, but maintaining STFC as it is now (as I'm sure most of the fairweather fans would fuck off) would probably see us flirting with the Conference if we're lucky.

I would absolutely loved to be proven wrong, though.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 73   Go Up
Print
Jump to: