Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Notts County FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27343 times)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:20:39 »

The County Ground is hexed, and has been since 1957. I think we should play our home games at Supermarine. Problem solved.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:25:57 »

Navarro played well today I thought.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:36:48 »

Stand out players were Alan Mac (deserved MOM, game of his season) and Alan Nevarro. Most played well, but Ferry slightly disappointed from his normally high standards.

We dominated for 85 minutes, but Wes had to be alert and County inept when they had a man over but played it all wrong.

This was 4-5-1, but it was not as negative as a Heart 4-5-1. It gave us plenty of ball and with Mac gesturing from the sidelines we pressed the opposition and tried to press on.

However my opinion:

4-5-1 just doesn't give us enough in the final third. Blame it on the personnel, or whatever, but we struggled for most of the game to create clear cut chances. When we switched to 4-4-2 we didn't pepper the goal, but the chances came..

Collins probably should have hit his shot more cleanly, and the blocked shot that spooned up to Collins just wouldn't come back down again quick enough..The keeper has made 3 or 4 very very good saves, but I wouldn't call them worldies as some have.

So all in all probably the best performance at home for a while, but we needed more going into the final third. That said, on another day we'd have won that 1-0 and everyone would have been happy!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 18:41:12 »

I'm a big fan of Macdonalds one armed windmill on the touchline, which he seemed to do every time we got possesion.

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:01:20 »

If we had cutting edge upfront then we'd walk this league. Forget formations new manager excuses and all that bollocks. We can't kill teams off when it really matters at times. An Austin,Cox,Parkin would have seen us home with ease.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:02:39 »

Navarro best game he linked the midfield / defence well and kept it simple. How Collins missed at the end with the shot the goalkeeper saved with his feet. The referee should have sent off their forward for a second yellow after he tried to decapitate Louis Thompson.  
Unless the embargo is lifted next week, I think injuries and suspensions will count against us in the run in...... would be so frustrating if at the end of the season if the off field stuff messed up the promo push.

ewsham Robin
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:22:42 »

Just got back, the weather seemed to make the roads really quite, which was nice.

Very frustrating afternoon, totally dominated a horrendous county side, who were a horrible team, constantly fouling and time wasting.

I thought we played well, passed the ball well and created good opportunities, we just need someone to take the chances! If we had that, we would walk this league.

Navarro excellent, as was Macca. I saw no problems with the formation, we weren't negative and got plenty of players forward. Some of the chances we missed were unforgivable.

Still, a positive game in my opinion, if we can just get rid of the cunting embargo and get one or two players in then we are in with a real shout.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:22:50 »

Fucking crap.

Neve saw Wes lumping ball after ball up the pitch under Paolo.

No

There were a number of eye-gougingly dull long-ball battles at home under Di Canio - Leyton Orient, Sheff Utd, Macclesfield, Colchester - even in our better performances Wes was clearly instructed by Di Canio to pump it safely up the pitch towards Ritchie or the striker instead of playing it out from the back.

We're playing it on the floor a lot more under Kmac than Paolo, we're just lacking the cutting edge that could see us into the autos, blunted by a combination of the sale of Ritchie and William's poor form when they were previously our greatest attacking threats.

Should still have won today.

Two Alans excellent, McCormack looked electric flying from full back down the wing and Navarro did the simple things brilliantly to put to bed the horror-show v Bury. Roberts also did well first half and most of the players put in a decent showing bar Williams.

Free-kick specialst Alan Sheehan meanwhile

The fact their No. 10 is in the player of the year list ahead of their goalkeeper, alongside Ritchie and Leon Clarke  Yikes says everything about the ridiculous bias that gets shown in these sorts of things towards attacking players.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:24:09 »

The ref was a bloody disgrace. Sheehan should have been booked on at least 3 occasions before he was (one of the most obvious ones was in the 41st minute he deliberately flicked the ball up so that he could head it back to the keeper). How the ref and the assistant 8 yards away didn't give him a yellow and award an indirect free kick is beyond me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:28:17 »

The ref was a bloody disgrace. Sheehan should have been booked on at least 3 occasions before he was (one of the most obvious ones was in the 41st minute he deliberately flicked the ball up so that he could head it back to the keeper). How the ref and the assistant 8 yards away didn't give him a yellow and award an indirect free kick is beyond me.

I thought you could flick it up to head it back! Still you are the ref..
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:34:08 »

How on earth is Notts County number 18 Hamza Bencherif is a professional footballer I never know? What a giant fat bastard.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:35:00 »

How on earth is Notts County number 18 Hamza Bencherif is a professional footballer I never know? What a giant fat bastard.

Yep, fucking useless. How on earth was he not at least booked for that challenge on Thompson?
kerry red

« Reply #177 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:37:48 »

For a 0-0 I enjoyed it. Macca was immense, especially second half.

Glad to see Navarro have a good game.

The only thig that got up my nose was getting back in the car to hear some numb nut saying we should get rid of KMac as he doesn't know what hes doing.

What chance do we have with twatslike that!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:39:23 »

Haven't read through but my take on it...

Notts County Anti Football.

We battered them for 90 mins but didn't put the chances away so from that point of view we can't complain, but the towel would have come in early doors if that was a boxing match.  Their keeper earned them a point today, but if I was a Notts fan I would hang myself watching the spoiling tactics and time wasting just to be happy with a point.

The ref did well first half but must have read a book at half time of how not to referee, shocking.

One last thing, the fat twat that came on as sub for Notts (18 i think) how the hell did he get a professional contract?  Overweight and clueless, and should have been sent off after already being booked for gobbing off to the ref and then forearm smashing Louis Thompson without even looking at the ball.  Worst player I have seen this season in this poor league.

We are a couple of decent strikers away from having a chance of being promoted IMO.  The game would have been over after 15 mins today if we had somebody that can put the ball away.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 19:48:35 »

One last thing, the fat twat that came on as sub for Notts (18 i think) how the hell did he get a professional contract?  Overweight and clueless, and should have been sent off after already being booked for gobbing off to the ref and then forearm smashing Louis Thompson without even looking at the ball.  Worst player I have seen this season in this poor league.

His main aim once on was to block and foul Flint every set piece...and why does every ref seemingly let it take place.

He was a big fat lump.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: