Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49201 times)
nochee

« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:18:56 »

Question 1: How many points did we get in the 3 games before Paolo left?
Question 2: And the 3 games after that?
Question 3: Were we really 'flying' when Macdonald took over?

Answer 1: 5 points, including a draw to bottom of the table Hartlepool.
Answer 2: 4 points, including a lucky draw against Preston and one of the most pathetic performances at the County Ground I've seen this season.
Answer 3: No.
To be fair to bottom of the league Hartlepool, they've only lost once in 9 games
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:22:53 »

To be fair to bottom of the league Hartlepool, they've only lost once in 9 games

Which is why we should support our team instead of moaning like girls for the time being.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:27:28 »

I do think there is an air of unreasonable expectation about us this year. We expect to win, we expect to go up, we expect to be champions.

If we had gone up last season into any other league we’d just be happy with middle table/staying up – but we are not. As a club we have this expectation that we are championship size, which whilst I agree with, I do think I question whether we are ready for it or not.  Take a look at the other teams that came up with us.

We are undoubtedly one of the best teams in this league but don’t underestimate the size and impact on the club/team that the whole Black/Ritchie/PDC saga has had.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:30:46 »

Oh FFS! NO WE WEREN'T! We were third, and had just struggled to a 1-1 draw against Hartlepool at home.

It wasn't that long ago for christ sake. People insisting everything was rosey and we were flying towards the fucking leaue title when PDC was in charge seem to be deliberately misremembering things.
I see it as after the Tranmere game, his coaching staff had taken charge and he'd helped them prepare. So yes he left us top of the league. Let it go Lumps, it's all you talk about.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:34:03 »

Lumpy, you are wrong I'm afraid.  If PDC did one thing that I haven't seen done so well by others, it was talk players through the game (shout mainly, and kick them occasionally).  He couldn't impact the moment,  nobody can do that once on the pitch bar the player or maybe someone close enough, but he'd get them focussed if something went wrong, that's for sure.

You yourself revert to his politics and that being the shaping of his style.  It did seem he was authoritarian, but with that comes control and purpose - people knew exactly what was expected of them, what they are drilled to do.   Repitition breads habit, if you are "dictated" to on what you should be doing in situations, you'll end up performing that way until real pressure is applied, at which point you need someone to bring back your focus to the new behaviour you have learned.  It may be something you hate personally, but it did seem to work on the whole.

That's not a slant at KM either, his background suggests he has a different style but it also works given time.  Getting beat 2-1 by a team who are at least our equals this season is nothing to hang someone out to dry over, we've lost to worse teams under PDC.  Changing formation is not a problem, it appeared to be working but for a defensive capitulation it seems.  This may be where in the short term we face some problems under new management, especially with players like Flint who reminds me a bit of Ifil between the ears when it comes to a footballing brain.  Maybe the key is getting Devera match fit and back in.
Spot on.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:49:42 »

Haha. I'm the twat in the bottom left corner.

* steve-brentford.jpg (78.99 KB, 640x480 - viewed 252 times.)

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:50:47 »

If that pic was one person wider I'd be on the very left, 2nd row from the back Sad

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:32:06 »

I love all the anti Paolo things on here....only Swindon fans could slag a man who took us to promotion and top of the league.

He fucked off for many reasons which is old hat now.......personally i would love him back here tomorow....thats not to say i wasnt there supporting K Mac last night because i was.

If people are not happy with K Mac so fucking what....its there perogative and opinion.

Being a Swindon fan dosn't mean you have to love your manager....if K Mac does half of what PDC did he will be doing just fine....untill then i hope he gets on with the job in hand with success
Flashheart

« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:35:48 »

Go on then Leefer, I'll bite

What anti Paolo things?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:36:34 »

I love all the anti Paolo things on here....only Swindon fans could slag a man who took us to promotion and top of the league.

He fucked off for many reasons which is old hat now.......personally i would love him back here tomorow....thats not to say i wasnt there supporting K Mac last night because i was.

If people are not happy with K Mac so fucking what....its there perogative and opinion.

Being a Swindon fan dosn't mean you have to love your manager....if K Mac does half of what PDC did he will be doing just fine....untill then i hope he gets on with the job in hand with success

How do you feel about Steve McMahon?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:42:14 »

Go on then Leefer, I'll bite

What anti Paolo things?

I think it's only Lumps that i've seen, going on and on and on like a pair of nuns knickers.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:44:33 »

People can have their opinion if they aren't happy with his appointment etc but tough shit, he has been appointed. Writing him off after 3 difficult games is ridiculous, people need to give the bloke a chance. Just because he isn't jumping around on the sidelines like a nutter doesn't mean he won't succeed. It's also not his fault that he can't make any signings as some have said on other sites Doh
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:47:45 »

I honestly cannot believe we keep having this exact same argument when it's quite simple - criticism of his actions does not equate to a lack of recognition for his achievements. There's a significant portion of people on here who are disappointed with the manner of his exit but do not underestimate what he did for STFC.

Can we please just move on? It's becoming incredibly tedious now as it's the EXACT SAME argument each and every time.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:55:40 »

You move on.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:56:43 »

I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: