Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49398 times)
DMR

« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 09:59:54 »

Some of the comments from Swindon fans on the radio are unbelievable. Fuck me, one defeat and everyone knew that KMac wasn't the right man for the job. Some morons even calling for him to be sacked.

I fucking despair with our fans sometimes. Get a reality check for goodness sake.

I was saying it from the start actually Too Cool
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 09:59:58 »

I'd go further.  I don't think it's really fair to judge a manager until he has had a chance to reshape and coach his squad to play according to his philosophy - and realistically, that will not happen for several months.  Unfortunately for us, we have less than two months to earn promotion this season.  Failure to win promotion would not be Kevin's fault (barring a complete loss of nerve etc.)  It would be a natural consequence of a very poorly timed mid-season boardroom fuck up.  It was always going to be a struggle after Andrew Black threw the towel in.

Not only that but the complete lack of continuity behind the scenes has been an unfortunate complication. Unless I'm mistaken there are no technical staff remaining who worked under Di Canio so it's unsurprising that we've had a bit of a blip.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:01:02 »

if Gary Roberts could replicate his wonder goals at tranmere we'd be fine. Should have finished last night to make it 2 nil, one of many chances he hasn't taken. No natural goalscorers in the team a la Donaldson for Brentford. Which is going to cost us. After all Simon Ferry seems to be our major goal threat at the moment. As to the increasingly panic stricken defence no matter what anyone might say this is the area of the team that Paolo got spot on so its no coincidence that without him the discipline isn't there. Without that protection in front of him Wes aint kept a clean sheet

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:02:45 »

Reading between the lines on Jed's tweets would suggest the money owed has been paid in full and the FL are just dragging their heels a bit.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:03:42 »

https://twitter.com/MelvinLutherKin

Did he miss anything?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:07:26 »

KMac out-thought Rosler - something the great PDC failed at miserably in the home game.

I saw plenty last night to feel enthusiastic enough about the rest of the season. The only thing I think he did wrong was not bringing on Collins sooner. We were getting pegged back and we needed someone up there who can control the ball and hold it up, which is what he did so well at Coventry.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:07:33 »

I very much doubt that Melvin is a Swindon supporter.  Someone's on a wind up.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:12:57 »

I very much doubt that Melvin is a Swindon supporter.  Someone's on a wind up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is indeed a Swindon supporter, given some of the dribbling fucktards that tweet and text BBC Wiltshire after games. Why they read these out I don't know.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:19:47 »

Do you think all these wankers were calling for Paolo's head at the beginning of last season, you remember when we lost 4 out of his first 5 games in charge with a team that he'd rebuilt at some expense and had the whole pre-season to work with.

Twats

..never go back.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:28:50 »

Do you think all these wankers were calling for Paolo's head at the beginning of last season, you remember when we lost 4 out of his first 5 games in charge with a team that he'd rebuilt at some expense and had the whole pre-season to work with.

Twats
Some were.
woolster

« Reply #385 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:33:54 »

Oh dear, lets hope he doesnt belong to a gun club
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 10:47:31 »

You almost certainly have more first hand experience of recent games than me, but I've got real doubts as to whether this is even physically possible.

Short of the whole back line being fitted with ear-pieces, I have no idea how a manager can "talk them through" a game from the technical area. I know PDC liked to shout and wave, but I'm not sure that how that translates into calm controlled instruction from half a pitch length away.

I agree with you that it wouldn't be physically possible for Paolo to magically organise the team from the dugout, but that is the view from watching the matches. Under PDC I never felt panicked overly when our defence were put under pressure. In the Walsall match, at times it looked like we were all over the place at the back, which didn't happen very often previously.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:02:11 »

Lumpy, you are wrong I'm afraid.  If PDC did one thing that I haven't seen done so well by others, it was talk players through the game (shout mainly, and kick them occasionally).  He couldn't impact the moment,  nobody can do that once on the pitch bar the player or maybe someone close enough, but he'd get them focussed if something went wrong, that's for sure.

You yourself revert to his politics and that being the shaping of his style.  It did seem he was authoritarian, but with that comes control and purpose - people knew exactly what was expected of them, what they are drilled to do.   Repitition breads habit, if you are "dictated" to on what you should be doing in situations, you'll end up performing that way until real pressure is applied, at which point you need someone to bring back your focus to the new behaviour you have learned.  It may be something you hate personally, but it did seem to work on the whole.

That's not a slant at KM either, his background suggests he has a different style but it also works given time.  Getting beat 2-1 by a team who are at least our equals this season is nothing to hang someone out to dry over, we've lost to worse teams under PDC.  Changing formation is not a problem, it appeared to be working but for a defensive capitulation it seems.  This may be where in the short term we face some problems under new management, especially with players like Flint who reminds me a bit of Ifil between the ears when it comes to a footballing brain.  Maybe the key is getting Devera match fit and back in.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:20:49 »

Most of the Brentford comments about us are saying how we are a decent side and looked very good, we just need a clinical striker.

HAS to be a priority when the embargo is lifted, with someone like Donaldson we would win the league imo.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:29:41 »

Yeah I was just reading that PR and its so frustrating that had we made it 2-0 we probably would have gone on to win handsomely. Had Charlie Austin been in this team we would have been promoted by now! Sadly we keep talking about missed chances, which is killing us Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: