Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 5318 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:32:09 »

...or are a lot of threads no longer resembling discussions or arguments? A lot of people

are misintepreting each other, some believing that a desire to move on from PDC as an affront to his time at the club, others perpetuating speculation as fact and a few - like myself - getting tired at seeing the same arguments over and over and becoming a bit crabby as a result.

It's not very pleasant to see posters singled out for abuse because they've returned to the forums after making the decision to leave STFC behind for a bit because of Di Canio.

Is it really necessary to divide everything into pro-PDC and anti-PDC just like we did in

May 2011?

Can't we have more threads about urinating in showers? I'll even stop posting gifs if it annoys people.

tl;dr can we all just get along again?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:36:53 »

...or are a lot of threads no longer resembling discussions or arguments? A lot of people

are misintepreting each other, some believing that a desire to move on from PDC as an affront to his time at the club, others perpetuating speculation as fact and a few - like myself - getting tired at seeing the same arguments over and over and becoming a bit crabby as a result.

It's not very pleasant to see posters singled out for abuse because they've returned to the forums after making the decision to leave STFC behind for a bit because of Di Canio.

Is it really necessary to divide everything into pro-PDC and anti-PDC just like we did in

May 2011?

Can't we have more threads about urinating in showers? I'll even stop posting gifs if it annoys people.

Have we been getting abuse? I'd not noticed.

..never go back.
woolster

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:41:33 »

Did people actually leave this forum because PDC was appointed, fucking babies
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:42:32 »

What have you started SY, you total flump?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:42:40 »

Wait, am I to stop abusing people or stop getting abused?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:43:57 »

you total flump?
Best insult of the week award goes to......Bob's Orange!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:48:30 »

May 2011?

If you stop posting gifs I'll be a bit annoyed.  I like 'em.  Don't be a fud, post a gif!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:49:08 »

Have we been getting abuse? I'd not noticed.

You haven't seen all the posts calling you a pinko leftie commie like the good old days then?
woolster

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 16:55:26 »

Sonic, post the one with the sea lion MMMMMMMMMMM
kerry red

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 17:18:56 »

I'll hold my hands up to being a perpetuator of impending doom but I think most people are just frustrated by these events.

It was so close to being another promotion (which it still may be) but I think the majority now think we may have blown it.

I know it's going over old ground but it's the timings of the main players in this saga that has most people baffled - Black's rapid sale, PdC's 5pm deadline.

Nobody comes out of this with much credit
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 17:21:05 »

I'll hold my hands up to being a perpetuator of impending doom but I think most people are just frustrated by these events.

It was so close to being another promotion (which it still may be) but I think the majority now think we may have blown it.

I know it's going over old ground but it's the timings of the main players in this saga that has most people baffled - Black's rapid sale, PdC's 5pm deadline.

Nobody comes out of this with much credit

I fear the club may come out of all of this in a few years with a bit too much credit...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 17:24:35 »

Did people actually leave this forum because PDC was appointed, fucking babies

No to be honest I left not because of the DiCanio appointment, because strangely the club don't really give a fuck about whether I'm a member of an unofficial online forum or not, I just stopped giving a fuck about how Swindon got on because of that.

I left here mainly because I didn't want to tallk to a lot of the people on here anymore. When he was appointed the members of this forum split into five camps:
- People like me who totally opposed the appointment and wanted nothing to do with the club while he was in charge
- People who weren't happy about it, but who couldn't bring themselves to ditch the club over it
- People who didn't care about politics at all for whom his politics just weren't relevant
- Enthusiasts for his politics - few and far between but there are one or two

I was fine with those people, but there was a last last group that annoyed me so fucking much I couldn't put up with being around them any longer.

Those were people that had always previously been pretty right on about things and had never put up with racist shit that  some people posted on here. They were people that I knew for absolute certain would have slagged off any other club in the country for appointing a self declared fascist, but because it was Swindon were prepared to tie themselves in all sorts of stupid knots to make it seem like it was alright.

I lost count of the number of people that, based on the skim reading of a page on wikipedia, started trotting out an argument that Italian fascism was nothing like Nazism, that it wasn't racist or anti-semetic, that there were Jewish members of the party etc. An argument that kind of glossed over the interning of the entire Italian Jewish population from 1940 onwards, and the fact that the Lazio ultras that PDC liked to run over and throw out his fascist salute to, regularly carry banners covered in swastikas and on one occassion had one reading "Auschwitz is your town, the ovens are your houses". Charming.

Anyway I couldn't really be doing with those people, and the people that really made me laugh on here, Ben, Mex and Yeo, had either left themselves or hardly ever logged on anymore. So I went too.

..never go back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 17:27:11 »

You haven't seen all the posts calling you a pinko leftie commie like the good old days then?

But how is that abuse?

..never go back.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 17:27:31 »

I think everyone is totally gutted about what's gone on in the last few weeks/months and where we now find ourselves. It's just that some have very different views on who is to blame/where it went wrong/where we go from here, to others.  Not surprisingly, it's been getting decidedly testy and the forum hasn't been a  partiularly nice place to be. That's life I suppose, nothing that a half or even quarter decent manager and a few wins can't put right.
kerry red

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 17:28:11 »

So you'll be pleased when Mr Mundane is appointed new manager?

Did your stance apply only to this forum or the actual games as well?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: