Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chips  (Read 6697 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:36:24 »

I used to love Greasy Joes when I worked just round the corner in Love Lane....small place but great grub.

Where did you used to work then?

He he, I remember it when it was a static caravan.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:41:00 »

Where did you used to work then?

He he, I remember it when it was a static caravan.
I was Computer Services Manager at Cotswold Mailing Systems in "The Hidings" from 96 to 2001.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:42:43 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:43:41 »

I was Computer Services Manager at Cotswold Mailing Systems from 96 to 2001.

Not one I'm familiar with. I lived not too far from Love Lane (next to the old Vygon building) most of my childhood so was being nosey.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:45:07 »

Not one I'm familiar with. I lived not too far from Love Lane (next to the old Vygon building) most of my childhood so was being nosey.
It was up behind the Massey Ferguson sales right up the end almost on the roundabout with Wilkinson Road.

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:47:59 »

I got shit bacon for admitting to a bit of "healthy" bacon. Surely Gnasher needs "girly chips" for this!

I can't even eat chip shop chips any more because of my bloody coeliac (no gluten) so it's girly chips or nothing for me  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:49:46 »

It was up behind the Massey Ferguson sales right up the end almost on the roundabout with Wilkinson Road.
My first job was at Sonix Communications in Merchants House on the corner of Love Lane and Wilkinson road (95-98). Still can't place it Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 18:57:21 »

My first job was at Sonix Communications in Merchants House on the corner of Love Lane and Wilkinson road (95-98). Still can't place it Smiley

I believe the site is now occupied by part of Lister#Wilder (GL7 1YG) it is called "The Hidings" for a reason Wink

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 21:31:19 »

Chips with garlic sauce or curry sauce. Actually, peppercorn sauce top the lot. I feel famished just thinking of it. I concur with the comment aforementioned, cheesey chip are scrumptious. Drooling in a mad seizure just thinking about it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:41:30 »

Chips with garlic sauce or curry sauce. Actually, peppercorn sauce top the lot. I feel famished just thinking of it. I concur with the comment aforementioned, cheesey chip are scrumptious. Drooling in a mad seizure just thinking about it.
You probably just need to take your tablets.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:37:03 »

Chips and curry sauce  - yes!!!

There used to be a great chippy in Pontypridd that did a mean curry sauce. Proper beer munchy food.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:46:35 »

pontypridd is a nice town, I went through on my way back from Merthyr Tydfill. Tom Jones was born there. I enjoyed seeing the terraced housing built right up against the hillsides.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:46:55 »

Chilli cheese fries. Like the ones they do at Atomic Burger. Oh my fucking goodness.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 00:21:28 »

I hate to say it, but unless chips are deep fried they are second class citizens of the chip world. I eat them as a healthier option, but oven chips/ chips cooked in a tiny bit of oil/ baked chips are just not the same.

I sold chips for a living.....oven chips no better for you than proper chips.

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 13:21:05 »

I made some fucking amazing chips just now, albeit by accident.

I had them frying away but needed to unplug the fryer for a sec but, for whatever reason, forgot to plug it in again. So, when I came to check on them they were just sitting there in fat that was nowhere near hot enough for them to fry in. Took them out, heated the fat up again and then put them back in.

The result? Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Best chips I've had for a long, long time.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2016, 13:26:20 »

I made some fucking amazing chips just now, albeit by accident.

I had them frying away but needed to unplug the fryer for a sec but, for whatever reason, forgot to plug it in again. So, when I came to check on them they were just sitting there in fat that was nowhere near hot enough for them to fry in. Took them out, heated the fat up again and then put them back in.

The result? Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Best chips I've had for a long, long time.

Double fried chips?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: