Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I love you Paolo  (Read 12021 times)
woolster

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:53:04 »

A few gifted managers let us down by walking out for a better offer.

Most have belatedly been belatedly told to walk out after months of "I will not quit" pledges tolerated for too long to our despair by dithering boards.

Paolo has, when you look at his career and character, very predictably walked out on a point of principle.

It's a shame because here we are, more famous, hated, written about and let's face it envied than since we were last in the Premiershit, here we are top of tier 3 on an upward surge for the first time since Macari (I don't count McMuck, obviously).

Fan or otherwise of Andrew Black, he, not PDC has been the out-walker

As Doss's post reminds we have enjoyed a manager with a persona unmatched anywhere in management and who has shown uniquely among STFC managers a passion for our club.

Thanks for the memories

this is true, but he could and should of gave jed and his motly crew a chance
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:54:39 by woolster » Logged
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:07:27 »

Banbury.....I suggest both you and I know PDC seemed to be a very special guy.

He was given the opportunity to take a football club which was on its knees..in fact a very special football club forward.

Di Canio took this opportunity and was given financial support from inexperienced shareholders and an inexperienced Chairman (J Wray).

Yes, PDC showed determination and skills far above the 4th division standard and continued these skills into the 3th division with great success...

However, when the push came....he didn't show the bottle or the determination that he demanded from his players..

PCD reminds me of most Australian businessmen....they can all talk the talk but walking the walk. They crap out and show no bottle.   

Di Canio, what ever has happened here and possibly we will never really know...you have let the players and fans of STFC down.

But most of all you have let yourself down big time......

Just go now and find someone else to use.

Sorry can't agree.
Di Canio would still be here and we would have gained promotion this season.

Andrew Black totally responsible for turning his back and going against his original plan.

No time for Black. He has caused all of this and can fuck off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:12:44 »

Also I'll reserve proclaiming him our financial saviour until Si Pie explains how much we still owe to whom, by when, and how it compares to when he came in, in full colour pictures!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:14:50 »

I doubt if the club has ever had a manager with a more determined work ethic than di Canio.

Sure he made mistakes but he demonstrated a desire to learn from them and rectify them. It came at a cost, but was sanctioned.

Macari, Ardiles and Hoddle all left when better offers came along; I don't recall them being let down by the powers that be at the club. Di Canio left because he thought the board had undermined his position (presumably, though possibly not). I don't feel as though he has let me down, and I have no idea what the players may think.

Didn't Macari get sacked in your world?
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:56:30 »

Cheers chaps, i'm in bits at the moment, just wanted to put together a compilation to show how much we love Paolo Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:15:55 »

Sad
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:41:25 »

Sad

Very good DV
fatbasher

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 00:03:51 »

Bought a lump to my froat........
ampthill red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 01:34:51 »

Di Canio should have stuck it out until the end of the season and then gone with our best wishes and a better CV. I have fond memories of the man (coming over to thank us fans in the pissing rain at Bournemouth) but I balance that with not so fond thoughts of him binning Caddis , Bodin and latterly Benson. I truly believe he was gutted about the Ritchie sale but if he had the funds available he would have replaced all of his squad with better players without a care for what those players had given to us. Ardiles took the same team who hoofed the ball under Macari and turned them into players who passed the ball on the deck. Di Canio embraced the same style but so did Hoddle & Wilson. If we do go up it will be inspite of the man because he owed it to the fans to see this season through.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:39:31 »

The title of the thread makes me want to throw up. Anyone would think it had been written by a 10 year old girl.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 07:44:08 »

The title of the thread makes me want to throw up. Anyone would think it had been written by a 10 year old girl.

Thumbs up to that!
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:05:33 »

Agreed.

In fact I think I want to thump half of the saps in this thread.

Get a fucking life.

Jesus.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 09:25:54 »

fuck me some need to get a grip, good job alot of you wasnt around when ardiles left and we got demoted from the top flight, look, he acheived alot spent alot, lets move on

Managers come and go, some good some bad, he has left us (at a bad time and with dubious reasoning) but lets move on and be thankful to the good and the bad times he gave us.

Lets face it, it was not all rosey but the good times outweighed the bad by a fair amount.

If he stayed and got us promoted he would have been a true Swindon hero but he was not here for the long term despite hinting at it, he let the fans and players down in the end even though I partially agree with his reasoning.

Lets finally draw a line under it and move on, who knows the next board/manager could be the best we have ever had, they could be the worst, we don't know and only time will tell.

Since I started follwing Swindon we have had 21 different managers, not including the temporary caretaker bosses such as Hunter/Bodin/Byrne.

Some were brilliant managers like Macari, some were poor like Malpas and Trollope, some were terrible like Beamish, Hart and Onoura, some started well and faded like Wilson, Muckmarn and Ardiles, some left us when the going looked good and we recently been promoted like Hoddle and now Di Canio.

Lets just wait and see what happens, no one manager is bigger than the club or the fans and we all move on to hopefully better times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 11:07:35 »

I hope you're reading this Paolo. I am keeping you as my screensaver picture. The romance was never going to last but you will never be forgotten. All the best for the future darling. xxxxxx
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 11:08:01 »

Thats unfair on some 10 year old girls!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: