Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We are Swindon and weve survived again....  (Read 8406 times)
NZrobin

Ignore
« on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 01:26:58 »

We are Swindon and we have survived again...

I suggest that Harry Houdini would be proud to have survived that bullet.

Black must have big balls or too much dosh to lose.

Still think Wray and Fitton will be there somewhere.

100 bucks with Betfair anyone....soapy tit wank

Smiley   
Coca Fola

« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 01:30:46 »

We're not in the all clear yet..
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 01:51:13 »

No..................................please say we are.

Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:30:09 »

We've see deals seemingly go much further than this, then fail (BEST). Did they ever exchange contracts, not sure.

We don't know whether even if it goes through how much resource they have.

It could all be good, but its too early to say 'done deal/safe'.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:42:58 »

We've see deals seemingly go much further than this, then fail (BEST). Did they ever exchange contracts, not sure.

We don't know whether even if it goes through how much resource they have.

It could all be good, but its too early to say 'done deal/safe'.

This is more like it....the FL obviously are rightly concerned about what is happening at the club. We need to be vigilant.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:49:24 »

Could have sold to cowboys, what then?

Admin and ruin -we would be DOOMED I say, DOOMED!

I will celebrate when it's all gone through and we have those three players join us next week.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 07:54:34 »

No, no. Cautiously optimistic is the name of the game. We need more details and see how it pans out.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:08:51 »

Given that contracts have now been exchanged, I am a little curious as to why the new owners are still insisting on anonymity.  Why the secrecy?  This McCrory/McCoy chap spells his name differently depending on which day of the week it is - and it's pretty clear, I think, that even he's just a front man.  Who are the others?

To be fair to the Football League, unless this consortium has been much more transparent with the FL than it has been with everyone else, I don't really blame them at all for not sanctioning the three loan moves.  Time to put some cards on the table.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:13:08 by Ardiles » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:27:51 »

Given that contracts have now been exchanged, I am a little curious as to why the new owners are still insisting on anonymity.  Why the secrecy?  This McCrory/McCoy chap spells his name differently depending on which day of the week it is - and it's pretty clear, I think, that even he's just a front man.  Who are the others?

To be fair to the Football League, unless this consortium has been much more transparent with the FL than it has been with everyone else, I don't really blame them at all for not sanctioning the three loan moves.  Time to put some cards on the table.
I'd tend to agree although in fairness it may just be a case of not quite having all their ducks in a row rather than a desire to hide anything/anyone. We haven't heard anything from any of them yet and the whole sense of the past few days is that they've been a little caught out all round. Hopefully when it all calms down over the next day or so they can hold a press conference, introduce themselves and explain their plans and we can all breathe a sigh of relief.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:39:25 »

I just have a problem trusting anyone called Jed.

It's nothing personal against Jed McCrory, I would feel the same if the consortium was being headed up by Jed Pitman, Jedward or....Jed....Junior....Shabadu....The Third.....
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 08:56:21 »

It may just be a case of not quite having all their ducks in a row rather than a desire to hide anything/anyone. We haven't heard anything from any of them yet and the whole sense of the past few days is that they've been a little caught out all round.

Hopefully when it all calms down over the next day or so they can hold a press conference, introduce themselves and explain their plans and we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

This sums up my thoughts at the moment.

Hardly been a textbook takeover or end to the transfer window, but this has largely been due to this hyper compressed timescale enforced on proceedings.

We can panic/rejoice accordingly when more details and identities are inevitably forthcoming.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:04:14 »

Its the deafening silence that bothers me.

Even the promise of a press conference , at some time next week would help a little.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:09:07 »

Just to save everyone from wearing away their worry beads, conflagrating their keyboard or resorting to voodoo, this is what has happened: The Football League will not sanction transfers until they have approved the takeover. This is perfectly reasonable, and we'd be demanding it of any other club. It's no-one's fault but our own that everything got compressed into 48 hours, and if the new board get approval, then we'll move on with our squad more or less intact, plus two or three emergency signings. And if the new consortium doesn't get approved, we're in the poo. Either way, we should know within a week. Can we move on from demonising the FL on this occasion?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:13:51 »

Just to save everyone from wearing away their worry beads, conflagrating their keyboard or resorting to voodoo, this is what has happened: The Football League will not sanction transfers until they have approved the takeover. This is perfectly reasonable, and we'd be demanding it of any other club. It's no-one's fault but our own that everything got compressed into 48 hours, and if the new board get approval, then we'll move on with our squad more or less intact, plus two or three emergency signings. And if the new consortium doesn't get approved, we're in the poo. Either way, we should know within a week. Can we move on from demonising the FL on this occasion?

I would agree with all of that however......

That they allowed Portsmouth to sign players means they (the FL) should be demonised to the max.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 09:15:52 »

Its the deafening silence that bothers me.

Even the promise of a press conference , at some time next week would help a little.
Well if anone wants to pop along to Banbury Utd tonight, Jedward will be there to meet the fans - Banbury fans that is - I imagine he would talk to Town fans as well though. Maybe Sam Morshead or Chris Wise will go along.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/banburyunitedfootballclub/news/supporters-meeting-in-clubhous-847101.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: