Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Game Off??  (Read 14285 times)
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 22:44:32 »

What a fucker, I had a conference in  manchester this morning and stayed on over night to watch the game tomorrow, and the roads next to the hotel are now piled high in snow, so I'm not looking forward to driving home tomorrow morning in it, what a fucker fucker
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:24:29 »

Fixture computer and Mother Nature not been kind to us the last month or so. First we had to play Leyton Orient in the wettest place in league one on Boxing Day, then we get Colchester 3 days later when they've had more rain than the rest of the country. Now we get Tranny when it seems they're situated in the coldest spot in the country.

Annoying? Nah!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:45:50 »

heavy rain for London on tuesday!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:50:03 »

heavy rain for London on tuesday!

Cheerful soul.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 15:23:44 »

I would like to think that the FL will ask Tranmere how they did not manage to get the game on when games are currently being played at Burnley, Carlisle, Preston, Fleetwood and Hyde Cunting United.

Does The Wirrall have its own Arctic micro climate??
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 15:40:45 »

Apparently they were training on the pitch this morning aswell. Dont know how true it is, it was all over twitter.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 15:55:25 »

Apparently they were training on the pitch this morning aswell. Dont know how true it is, it was all over twitter.

If true, then surely it will have to be looked into?  I assume the ref called it off, but it makes you wonder why they didn't have covers on the pitch Thursday night given the weather, which apparently they didn't?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 15:59:39 »

I would like to think that the FL will ask Tranmere how they did not manage to get the game on when games are currently being played at Burnley, Carlisle, Preston, Fleetwood and Hyde Cunting United.

Does The Wirrall have its own Arctic micro climate??

I take it back, Hyde Cunting United's game is off. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it does seem a bit odd that a number of games in fairly close proximity to Prenton Park are being played and yet our game is off.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:01:14 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:03:25 »

I take it back, Hyde Cunting United's game is off. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it does seem a bit odd that a number of games in fairly close proximity to Prenton Park are being played and yet our game is off.

Think about it OST...atm Tranmere are bricking it at the thought of playing us, give it a month and we could be a completely different club, got to worth a punt from their point of view.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:12:19 »

Think about it OST...atm Tranmere are bricking it at the thought of playing us, give it a month and we could be a completely different club, got to worth a punt from their point of view.
That's what I'm saying Reg. I don't like to put forward conspiracy theories but I have to say I don't think Trannies were overly bothered about getting the game on. There are a lot of games being played today which wouldn't be getting played if the respective clubs didn't want to get them on. The same goes for our game last week.

I can't abide whinging football fans and their conspiracy theories but as I say, this postponement seems a bit odd to me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 16:16:37 »

That's what I'm saying Reg. I don't like to put forward conspiracy theories but I have to say I don't think Trannies were overly bothered about getting the game on. There are a lot of games being played today which wouldn't be getting played if the respective clubs didn't want to get them on. The same goes for our game last week.

I can't abide whinging football fans and their conspiracy theories but as I say, this postponement seems a bit odd to me.

Bradford City is another one off....you can imagine their players need a bit of a rest after their midweek heroics. No we're being screwed over by these clubs no mistake.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 17:00:50 »

I went to fleetwood v pox corporate.

Pitch was sticky but playable (although the pox were shite and couldn't!).

I flew into Liverpool airport from Amsters early pm and there had been snow but it was 6 degrees and just slush.

I just don't think they took enough precautions for the pitch....if they meant not to is the discussion?

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 17:20:05 »

I just don't think they took enough precautions for the pitch....if they meant not to is the discussion?

I have my doubts that they wanted the game to go ahead. That is three times in the last month that our game has been the first game off, more than 24 hours before KO.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 17:35:06 »

I have my doubts that they wanted the game to go ahead. That is three times in the last month that our game has been the first game off, more than 24 hours before KO.

Put it this way....I don't think they tried THAT hard to get the game on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 18:24:51 »

If it was 6 degrees as Flash says then how the hell could the pitch be frozen still? I think the number of games played means that it wasn't.

Now I would have been more pissed off with travelling only to see it called off, I do think this inspection was far too early at the very least.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: