Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Shrewsbury Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32142 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:32:22 »

For the first time in 39 years going from Witney, made it on the train, although that wasn't the intention.  I'll save the getting there adventure of four hours, three buses and two trains for the grandchildren sometime.

Humble and sincere thanks to everyone who made the game happen: hopefully our club is a stronger, more unified one than it was 72 hours ago.  Be proud of it.

Oh and Banbers, pleased to meet you - your efforts deserved that chicken jalfreezi too.

Went down a treat Mate......The Witney Massive Smiley

Great putting a name to the face.
A long day but a memorable one. For now all calm but lets hope some positive news unfolds very soon on the future.

Can't believe that was your first visit to Swindon by train........but you and your lad made it. More than some who didn't even make the effort.

PDC - Legend.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:33:52 »

"We want Dossy, we want Dossy, we want Dossy"

Yes
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:35:06 »

Haven't read anything yet.

Our penalty? When you consider why that lot are so bitter. FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:36:16 »

I have been reliably informed by my "know it all son" that after today's result  we are mathematically safe from relegation !!!
 Too Cool  
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:40:54 »

Your son needs to get better at maths I think.

A simple game which only one team was going to win. After the penalty we could have easily made it another 4 or 5-0 win, but we seemed to let off the gas after the second and just cruised to victory, apart from Macca giving Foderingham something to do.

If the attendance figure is correct then that's a very decent number, and thanks for the volunteers last night and this morning.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:42:21 »

Our penalty was a foul by the end. The only contention was whether the foul started outside the box or inside. The contact was made outside 100% for sure, but it wasn't clear if that was a foul or not - or whether it became a foul inside.

Most refs would give a free kick on the edge, plus Williams made sure he fell over inside. So either way it was as Benzel says, funny!

On the game, piece of piss from start to finish. We should have had a half time lead. Williams is great but he should have hit it with his left when he cut back outside his man. Second half we started on fire, got two quick goals and that was that until Alan Mac decided to give Wes something to warm him up.

The ref was somewhat lenient today, let lots of fouls go for both Swindon and Shrewsbury. My favourite was when Thompson pushed (I think) the great big lump Morgan right under his nose.

edit: I stood in the concourse at half time, didn't want my son to see the aftermath of a man bearing his balls in the centre circle while the U12 Centre of Excellence girls were trying to play a match.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 21:47:50 by Batch » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:15:30 »

Better side first half, much the better side second half.

Thought Roberts was the one most likely to create chances in the first half. Not always effective but kept up the mazy runs and getting crosses in. Some poor execution and some poor decisions, but not a poor performance.

Both pens were correct decisions. Williams did well to get as far as he did before he was finally hauled down.

Just love the way we keep trying to score goals right up until the final whistle.

As others have written, thanks to all who made the effort to get the game on.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:24:17 »

Thought we controlled the game from beginning to end and 2-0 flattered them. Maccas passing has been wayward in the last few games but he's still making dangerous runs and think we would miss him if he wasn't playing. Roberts looks like his confidence is on the rise and can see him playing an important role in the run in. Thought ferry had a good game and worked his socks off as usual and like the way Williams gambles like all good strikers should on any flick ons and picking up scraps. I wrapped up but was still freezing the whole game which was a small price to pay Concidering the graft that was put in to get the game on.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:26:01 by Notts red » Logged
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:33:10 »

Can any TEFers be seen on this video?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:47:56 »

I know the bloke above is from Melksham and a life long fan and I get my bit of fame walking behind the bloke with the red hat being interviewed on 28 seconds. Nice to see we're pulling them in from as far away as Geordie land too  Smiley I've been stopped twice before in the past, both after losses and shit proformances so must of come across as a right moaner  Angry
DMR

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 00:40:27 »

Another excellent win and for the first time this season odds checker has put us top of the pile.
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/league-1/winner

Donny fantastic price
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 00:45:43 »

I can't believe that Swindon Web TV is actually real..

GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 01:05:45 »

Donny fantastic price

Really? was not impressed with them out here . Would go for us over them everytime

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 08:58:02 »

You can't exactly judge a team on one performance, Preston fans must wonder why we aren't bottom based on that game
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 10:15:57 »

Cracking attendance, but yes, the support was pretty dire. I myself was nursing a sore throat, so couldn't join in as much as I wanted to. I think it was a fact of it being so fucking cold (second half was terrible), and there also being so many chances that any chanting soon got replaced with the usual 'come on, oooh, errrr' noises everyone makes when we're in the right place for a shot on target.

Roberts- He seems to always make the wrong decisions. Passes when he should shoot, shoots when he should pass, holds up the ball when what he needs is to nip to the byline or whip a cross in. He is on his way though, can see him being vital if we end up in the playoffs (much as I really love De Vita)

Flint- had an iffy first 15, but settled in nicely. Seemed less willing to go flying into tackles like he did last season, but that is probably because he doesn't want to get sent off again

Ward- Captain caveman solid as ever.

Fods- had little to do but saved two or three shots, including the penalty, when called upon. Felt bloody sorry for him as I was freezing my nads off and I had 6 layers on!

McCormack- was a little off the pace yesterday. Not sure why.

Hollands- doing his 'hanging around the edge of the box and making a run in' thing whenever we got forward, will be a shame if his injury is serious. Whoever's partnering Ferry in the middle seems to always go missing from games...

Martin- good to get first goal, could see a little more confidence after that, but don't think he'll really be happy till he gets one from open play.

Williams- penalty foul started OUTSIDE the box, but the ref was a bit gormless, so gave it. I have never seen a ref with such poor positioning.

Thompson- had another cracker of a game, epitomised by his tackling and the fact the Shrews players just bounced off him every time they tried to get the ball. Did his best to help out Ritchie, but with Ritchie ending up in cul-de-sacs all the time due to the Shrewsbury defender's attentions, couldn't do much.

Performance was dominant again, but I wouldn't call it good. Shrews were awful.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: