Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Namby Pamby snow reaction......  (Read 15563 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 11:55:33 »

40 rta's reported in swindon already.idiots out on bikes and companies not showing a duty of care to its employees and sending them out to drive in treacherous conditions. I will walk to work and make my feelings known about getting sent out(they always make us  in snow)

You snowplough drivers are all the same  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:11:29 »

You snowplough drivers are all the same  Cheesy

Haha,good work there. Like it
fatbasher

« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:19:33 »

herthab mentioned on Facebook this morning that he got rear ended twice on the M27.

Should've stayed at home.

Those banned Shrewbury gays now down in the Hampshire area?
Barry Scott

« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:20:19 »

40 rta's reported in swindon already.idiots out on bikes and companies not showing a duty of care to its employees and sending them out to drive in treacherous conditions. I will walk to work and make my feelings known about getting sent out(they always make us  in snow)

Most people are fucking idiots and have no idea how much grip they lose in snow.

Spoke to my old dear earlier who said she was following 2 cars onto a roundabout. She slowed down (in her 4x4) and both cars carried on, oblivious to the conditions, understeered in a straight line, mounted the curb and smashed into each other. That'll learn 'em.
Coca Fola

« Reply #34 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:56:21 »

I was surprised at the amount of delivery drivers/HGV's out on the roads. Shocked that the 'foreign' ones bombing along at 50mph in the outside lane on the 419.
They're not fucking clueless and are used to a bit of snow. Take note.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:01:40 »

TO be fair the roads are far worse than I imagined. Lots of cars wheel spinning, gridlock from Moredon->Thamesdown drive. Glad I didn't bother trying to get in now.

My friend was stuck on Thamesdown Drive for 2 hours.  Apparently there's loads of abandoned cars and the bridge going across to West Swindon at the top has now been shut.
Coca Fola

« Reply #36 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:02:36 »

My mum has told me a story of Yugoslavia in the 80's. One winter there was snow non-stop for 4 months. At some stages there was about 10 foot of it, what did people do? Dig trenches and carry on with their lives. (Some people died when the trenches caved in but that's completely beside the point)

Last winter my grandad almost froze to death on his way home, he got stuck in the snow and there was there about an hour or so, -15. He was saved by a local stray dog which alerted people to him. This dog is a demi-god in his neighourhood now.
DMR

« Reply #37 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:17:16 »

Hark at you defending all the nutcase Polaks!
Gethimout

« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:24:37 »

I told my mum not to bother driving to work and walk the 2.5 miles it takes. The lazy bitch didn't take my advice and is now stuck at the bottom of our hill. That'll teach her!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:26:17 »

My mum has told me a story of Yugoslavia in the 80's. One winter there was snow non-stop for 4 months. At some stages there was about 10 foot of it, what did people do? Dig trenches and carry on with their lives. (Some people died when the trenches caved in but that's completely beside the point)

Last winter my grandad almost froze to death on his way home, he got stuck in the snow and there was there about an hour or so, -15. He was saved by a local stray dog which alerted people to him. This dog is a demi-god in his neighourhood now.

Cool story bro

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:27:36 »

Its stupid and dangerous. Take note
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:30:43 »

Cool story bro

[url width=302 height=201]http://i.imgur.com/ohToP.gif[/url]

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:33:41 »

I just really struggled to get out of RWB Sainsbury's car park, with car slipping all over the place even at 1mph.....then a kind old lady wound her window down and told me I had got my handbrake on.....
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:36:18 »

Did this dog happen to be called lassie? dog
Coca Fola

« Reply #44 on: Friday, January 18, 2013, 13:48:50 »

You are all microcosmic examples of our society's intolerance to snow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: