Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town fans' views on PDC  (Read 12132 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:06:06 »

FIFA get many things wrong but their no tolerance stance on politics in football is one thing they get right and plenty of countries have been banned as a result.

Yet they are a tad lenient toward racism......
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:12:39 »

Yet they are a tad lenient toward racism......

Indeed, but I don't think it should detract from their refusal to allow politics in to football.

Though I'm not sure how big an issue racism is in games under FIFA's jurisdiction, seems to be more of a Europe / UEFA issue. And as we're all aware UEFA really don't get it and their handling of it is far worse than FIFA's.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:14:06 »

FIFA get many things wrong but their no tolerance stance on politics in football is one thing they get right and plenty of countries have been banned as a result. Sure you can find arguable examples to prove otherwise but in general politics has nothing to do with football and pretty much everyone agrees with it.

Whilst not wanting to reignite the argument I've still seen nothing to suggest Paolo has the fascist leanings that many claim.

....FIFA is little more than a corrupt political construct, set up in much the same way as multi national companies, in order to avoid scrutiny from more conventional nation states.

Their rule might enhance the game, but is there to protect FIFA from proper accountability....personally I'd have welcomed HM Government taking action over the fiasco of the last 2 WC selections of Russia and Qatar.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:31:05 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:19:28 »

Nothing wrong with awarding Russia the World Cup at all. Qatar's the big mistake by FIFA.
Dozno9

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:34:29 »

Whilst not wanting to reignite the argument I've still seen nothing to suggest Paolo has the fascist leanings that many claim.

That's because most people don't understand the details of facism, they hear the word and go on one and involve themselves in something they know fuck all about.

Fishing.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:36:54 »

That's because most people don't understand the details of facism, they hear the word and go on one and involve themselves in something they know fuck all about.

Yeah...there's some people who can't even spell the word.
Dozno9

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:39:23 »

That's my point...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:45:06 »

That's my point...

A point that you clearly demonstrated...
Dozno9

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:47:33 »

To you anyway.
Dozno9

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 21:53:02 »

I think he's top notch at the moment and there well may be a time where he pisses me off and I'll want him to go but so far so good.

I think he'll walk out in a blaze anyway at some point.

The only thing that does piss me off is that people offer Hart up as the only alternative, like there's only two types of manager. There's only one manager who I have respect for and that's Macari, Paolo maybe at some point but not yet.

He's been successful so far and joined the club at a very low point which may raise him up over what he would have been had he joined in 'normal' times.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 07:50:57 »

You've clearly never seen The Great Escape.

Or Escape to Victory as I think you mean?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #86 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:25:54 »

You've clearly never seen The Great Escape.

Or Cool Runnings.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 20:56:01 »

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 21:15:43 »

Before Christmas, I also went to Stonehenge for the winter solstice. Swindon had just beaten Tranmere 5-0 and I waited until 4am before going there to see the sunrise. It was raining and I didn't see anything, so I left and went straight to training.

So he may be a fascist or facist or fazzachist but he's our's, a new age one with a British twist?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: