Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bournemouth Away  (Read 35388 times)
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 10:37:52 »

It kicked off a few years back (mid 2000's?), our "boys" went on a rampage and trashed a few shops near the ground if I remember correctly

Sounds fair enough then from their point of view, particularly if anyone was caught up in it. We do get some real knuckleheads 'supporting' us away from home. If you look across our away fans you can generally find about 10 or 15 people doing this  Smug Fuck Off at the opposition fans instead of watching the game. I suppose this  Smug Fuck Off is supposed to be considered 'banter' but every time I see someone do this  Smug Fuck Off and gurning some stupid face i just think 'you look like a complete twat. watch the fucking game.'

Doesn't sound like there's much reason for us to dislike Bournemouth though on our end so is this why they perceive it as '2 sets of fans who cannot stand eachother' and we are just looking forward to a really good game between two form teams in the division? 
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 11:01:26 »

The weather forecast doesn't look great for Saturday, with rain down there and snow in Swindon. Could be a fun drive back!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 11:08:13 »

Clearing in the afternoon in Bournemouth apparantly.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 11:45:29 »

I was one of those 17 arrests Embarrassed No trouble involved just the little matter of smuggling alcohol into the ground. The cops had the decency to wait until half time. The pubs in the town are utter garbage, think chain bars with no redeeming character traits. One place that you will be utterly hard pressed to locate a pub in the true meaning of the word. Very dissapointing drinking holes.

You Badass Dostoyevsky!!! Same again this year?

Also just got a refund on my Colchester tickets as can't make it on the Tuesday and Jock said Bouremuff just sold out the home ends as well (obviously helped by a few from Wiltshire  Wink)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 12:23:53 »

I remember a transit van, with a couple of blokes inside it, being (literally) turned over by Swindon fans outside Mitchells Cycles after the 1-1 draw in 87.  Not sure if they were delivering bikes or were Bournmuff fans.

Lumps of concrete from the Stratton Bank was exchanged between fans during the match and a kiosk in the 'Wedge' got tuned over too.
Torquay Red

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 14:01:21 »

Was it 87 ? God I'm getting old. Was on the bank next to the fence and remember the lumps of concrete flying over my head. It was going to and thro like a tennis match.
Also remember Town fans running the length of the pitch at Dean Court to get at the B'muff fans. It was only a pre season friendly and if I recall a certain Chic Bates made his debut for us that day. Now when was that I wonder ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 14:07:44 »

Was it 87 ? God I'm getting old. Was on the bank next to the fence and remember the lumps of concrete flying over my head. It was going to and thro like a tennis match.
Also remember Town fans running the length of the pitch at Dean Court to get at the B'muff fans. It was only a pre season friendly and if I recall a certain Chic Bates made his debut for us that day. Now when was that I wonder ?
Chico made his debut in January 78 against the side he came from...Shrewsbury.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 14:20:48 »

Yes, 'Arry Redknapp was their manager and their team included Sean O'Driscoll and Tony Pulis (not sure if he played wearing a baseball cap).

Easter Saturday if I'm not mistaken?
Torquay Red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 14:26:16 »

Cheers PV but did we play B'muff pre season that year ? Remember sitting on the beach before the game and it was bloody hot. Why don't we get to play pre season games like that anymore ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 14:50:26 »

Cheers PV but did we play B'muff pre season that year ? Remember sitting on the beach before the game and it was bloody hot. Why don't we get to play pre season games like that anymore ?
I am afraid I can't help with that one but I think we played them in the hot summer of 76, I was only 10 back then and not allowed to go to away friendlies but I seem to remember we played Bournemouth, Weymouth and Yeovil in a run of matched that year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 16:18:33 »

So are people drinking in bmouth (slug and lettuce or wetherspoons) or in boscombe?
Dont really wanna be a stray town fan!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 17:00:58 »

The Pitch Invasion was in the 70's League Cup I believe.

Very hot day.........Spent on the beach then up to the ground.

Kenny Allen was in goal for Muff.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 17:29:14 »

The Pitch Invasion was in the 70's League Cup I believe.

Very hot day.........Spent on the beach then up to the ground.

Kenny Allen was in goal for Muff.

80/81....a LC fixture was the first game...away at Bormuff 9th August.  Town had the semi final v Wolvesthe previous season, so things were still on a bit of a high. Needless to say a fair few saw it as a good outing.  As as often happens v Bormuff, a lot of Town fans regard it as a bit of day trip, and like to have a few jars, which has often lead to problems.

Which is why Bormuff OB often close the pubs nearby, or the FL put it in some shitty slot in the fixture list.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 17:50:00 »

just the little matter of smuggling alcohol into the ground

No surprise there then
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 18:59:39 »

80/81....a LC fixture was the first game...away at Bormuff 9th August.  Town had the semi final v Wolvesthe previous season, so things were still on a bit of a high. Needless to say a fair few saw it as a good outing.  As as often happens v Bormuff, a lot of Town fans regard it as a bit of day trip, and like to have a few jars, which has often lead to problems.

Which is why Bormuff OB often close the pubs nearby, or the FL put it in some shitty slot in the fixture list.

Thanks Reg for confirming. It was a very hot August day for sure and Swindon had a very large following. I think the OB had to draft in re-inforcements due to the number of day-trippers that day Smiley

I remember the pitch invasion but it was caused by some 50 or so Town fans already in the home end. Then the "others" on the open terrace ran the pitch to join them. Maybe they were sun burnt and wanted to get under the roof Smiley
So many Town fans were worse for wear that day for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: