Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Carlisle United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33236 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:27:30 »

I think the big difference in the last few games is the workrate - we're chasing and harrying teams into mistakes from the 1st minute to the last. We're giving no opposition player any time at all and we're hunting in packs. A settled defence doesn't do any harm either.
Carlisle were total and utter shite - worse than anything else I've seen this season. It was good to see JPM put in the kind of performance that meant he must have signed a new contract.
We really are very good at the moment. It is an absolute joy to go to the CG.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:39:18 »

66% possesion apparently, which is an awful lot.  Thats getting into the kind of Barcelona levels of control.  Really enjoyed the game today and the banter between Town End and Southside was great. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:44:49 »

Better atmosphere today as well, 'You are the South stand, you'll sing when your told'  Cheesy

Which we sang to the town end first;-)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:49:13 »

McGovern put loads of weight on.

The shit jock lazy cunt
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:56:06 »

First half today I really thought the football that we played was as good as anything I have seen since PDC turned up. Wes had next to nothing to do (some in the town end were shouting for him to come up for the corner when we were 4-0 up), the back 4 looks settled, each one excelling for different reasons. Hollands and Ferry should be the central pairing of choice IMO and our options out wide have been evident for the last 3 games. The way we attack as a unit is fantastic, Collins is starting to look good value for money and Williams has the pace and ability to scare the shit out of most defences in this league.

The bench was strong today too, I thought Chris Martin put himself around well and Miller was unlucky not to add a 5th. Obviously Bournemouth will offer a hell of a lot more than the last 3 opponents but we have trounced them once this season, our away form is decent and I feel we have enough ability to get a decent result against them. The comments below from a Carlisle fan some it up nicely -

"What is glaringly obvious is that Swindon have much more time on the ball because they are prepared to close us down more than we are prepared to close them down. They look fitter than us, more alert than us, technically superior to us and sharper around the penalty areas".

I'm starting to enjoy this matchday thread thing  Smiley
woolster

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:56:16 »

I think the big difference in the last few games is the workrate - we're chasing and harrying teams into mistakes from the 1st minute to the last. We're giving no opposition player any time at all and we're hunting in packs. A settled defence doesn't do any harm either.
Carlisle were total and utter shite - worse than anything else I've seen this season. It was good to see JPM put in the kind of performance that meant he must have signed a new contract.
i think the difference is the team are starting to gel now, plus the centre forwards are gaining more confidence, have seen that in the last few games, i just hope PDC dont doesnt get aload of dross in in the transfer window and disjoint it, i agree with you aswell tho john Girl Giggle
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 19:56:50 »

Which we sang to the town end first;-)

Must have missed that (I'm in the DRS as well)

We even got a bit of noise from the arkells!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:13:05 »

Says it all really. Watch out Bournemouth.
Coca Fola

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:14:55 »

Williams "too good to be true in this league" according to Le Tiss
Whooooooooooooooosh
Coca Fola

« Reply #249 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:22:14 »

He shoud put money and become the president Grin
Cibo?
Coca Fola

« Reply #250 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:27:09 »

That was sublime today, a pleasure to watch. I can honestly see us winning every home game from now until the end of the season, we've already played all of the top sides.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:31:03 »

I think it's starting to be a bit like last season. It took until around Christmas then for us to kick on then, just like now, but instead of settling with 2 or 3-0 wins, PdC wants us to kick on and win big.

We've now doubled our goal difference in 3 games, and now our GD is worth an extra point as well as the best defensive record in the FL.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Flashheart

« Reply #252 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:31:38 »

we've already played all of the top sides.

We still have to play 8 of the current top 10 away.

I'm wondering if that's more of a hindrance to them than to us. Bournemouth should be a good indicator.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:37:32 »

Some fella on Twitter @TrevorSTFC has started the Di Canio Fund to try and raise funds to keep the loan players we have in. If Paolo is willing to stretch to £30k and the trust have a few bob then that ain't a bad start I guess  Smiley
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 20:37:42 »

That's correct, lad behind me had £2 on @ 50/1

Bloke behind me had a fiver at 20/1 on 4-0. After the fourth went in he was shouting for town to back off, understandably.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: