Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Carlisle United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33220 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:28:14 »

I've had a bit of a moan about Di Canio about different things this season but this post match interview is top drawer.*

*I didn't understand every single word of course.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:30:03 »

He just said he'd spend his own money to keep the squad if he has to.
probably not short of a bob or two
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:30:52 »

PDC:
- One step back! Not very good! (jks)
- Today was a banana skin and we didnt fall into the trap
- Pleased players tried to push for goals
- Very happy with the way that we played. Not one player who upset him. Not like in the two 5-0 wins where there were some individuals who didn't play as well as they could
- Every game now is a big game
- Bournemouth next week are one of the best teams in the league
- Players have tomorrow off
- Hollands and Martin have been very good at integrating into the squad and have stretched the rest of the squad with their professionalism and desire
- Big surprise has been to win the last 3 games 14-0. Not even the top teams in the world do this
- PDC says players have made 10 steps forward in maturity and are asking PDC questions as they want to improve themselves
- We have made big steps and have been getting closer to the top of the league. We can continue if we can maintain this group of players
- The difference in Williams from earlier in the season is that he is now attacking the ball rather than waiting for it to be put in right position
- Winning 5 or 6 games straight 1-0 from now would be a great achievement
- Talked about the way that the team is defending well as a team. Lavished praise upon them. The team has more confidence because they can see that if they do make a mistake, we are capable of recovering from it as a team.
- We can improve even more as the players have started studying football and working as a team
- PDC will do everything in his power to keep Hollands, Martin and Bostock, even sacrificing his own money. It would be a shame if we could not keep the squad together. He talked about putting in £20-30k. He wants to win. He has ambition. Thats more important than his money.
- Has to check what is going on either tonight or tomorrow when he receives a phone call. He wants the players to still be here on Monday. He doesn't want them to leave and come back.
- Fee agreed, but answer from Birmingham is that they can't pay for Caddis now. 99% not by end of transfer window. Sounds as if Caddis might be left at Birmingham for the rest of the year (and Birmingham will pay an agreed fee then)
- Flint is an important player especially with Troy out for a while. Don't want to lose him (from context)
- Have received interest from other clubs who are willing to pay for one player (Flint). But he is not the player that PDC wants to sacrifice. Selling him would be the worst madness situation in the world.
- It might be that a player has to be sacrificed to keep others. But, that is not a definite its only one potential option.
- Another option might be that a sacrifice might result in another player coming in.
- PDC hopes he can sort everything out quickly so he can be fair to the team and to the individuals involved.
- He was off to talk to Phil Spncer about it now !

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:50:44 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:32:25 »

We'll only realise how lucky we are to have him when he's gone (let that be in the distant future ) and Steve Cotteril is appointed boss.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:34:43 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:33:05 »

Roberts:
- Missed a bit of this........
- Team game. Thinks his performances have improved of late
- Good game against Bournemouth next week. They are going well

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:33:41 »

Best interview for PDC for ages, great passion..
AlessandroPini

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:35:21 »

He shoud put money and become the president Grin
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:37:11 »

We love him Alessandro. Absolutely adore him.
supermarioTV
"about as funny as AIDS"

Forum Heavyweight

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:37:31 »

Will they ever sort the chips out.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:37:31 »

Only 4, but a much better performance than against Portsmouth. Ran carlise ragged on the attack (not hard, they were dire. Worst side i've seen this season).

No-one had a bad game. Roberts had his best game in a while, which was pleasing. Front two did well, Williams' first was Gazza-esque.

Good job we've made the most of these truncated festive period, because we've got a lot of tough games in the second half of the season.

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:39:20 »

The Carlisle forum has gone into meltdown! sack Abbott etc etc.

Doesn't this happen to almost every team we play against?

Maybe, and its just a thought, maybe we aren't a half bad side?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:40:09 »

That's why I fucking love Di Canio.

To him this is more than a job, that desire to win is something we haven't seen here for years and it will transfer to the players.

Long may it continue. I don't think we should ever appoint a run of the mill managerial merry go round just a job manager ever again
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:40:54 »

I don't think it's anything to do with us. If i'd watched my side put that performance in i'd be angry. We didn't even have to do anything to fancy to create most of our chances, their back 4 were all over the place.

Things get better but they never get good
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:41:18 »

Ward:
- Pleased to have signed. Has worked hard to get his family settled in the area, which has helped him concentrate on doing his job properly
- Players need to concentrate on each individual game. Foolish to look further ahead than this.
- Need to concentrate and work hard in training
- Lot going on at the minute behind the scenes. Important that player keep working hard and concentrate on doing their jobs.

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 17:43:06 »

Good work nomoreheroes. Much appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: