Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2013....the year ahead  (Read 11074 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:13:59 »

What does the year ahead hold for you?
Any new years resolutions?

I will be looking for a new job, a second car and a sense of humour Smiley

kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:38:08 »

I shall be returning to Swindon next week after 10 years in Ireland - hope I'm not in for too much of a shock.

Looking forward to getting back into the footie habit and actually be at the game instead of being on here waiting for snippets.

Be good to catch up again with old friends
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:44:32 »

Start a new job 1st Feb, am currently looking to replace my car, planning on moving house and maybe even starting a family (I've put it off for long enough!).

So, should be a reasonably busy year.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:49:10 »

I don't make resolutions. Its almost a cliche that'll go for a ball of chalk by mid January. So instead, I set (mostly) achievable objectives that are somewhat more measurable. So, in no particular order.....

1. Resign from current job and start new job by end February
2. (related to 1) Sell house and move closer to new job location by end July (as need to get son started in primary school for September)
3. Reduce chlolesterol level to <5.0 without using medication (i.e. by changing diet, lifestyle and exercise)
4. Sell (currently unused) car and purchase new mountain bike by end Jan (anybody want a 02 plate Astra?). Then commit to use it a minimum of 3 days per week.
5. Significantly reduce (ideally eliminate) my credit card debts by the end of the year.
6. Raise £1000 for Charity.

Lets see how I get on......
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:50:39 »

my second sprog is due on the 1st of April, and at some point in the year I'm off up to Stoke for a week to learn how to drive a 7.5 tonne truck. fun times!

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:54:30 »

I've been thinking for a while about possibly moving back to the UK. With the missus in London then 2013 could be time to come home. We'll see.

My only resolution is to get better at darts this year!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
china red

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 15:08:50 »

Moved back to the uk last year and
 had enough of it already. back to china in a couple of months time
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 15:11:28 »

Keeping with the theme of returns, I might be joining that club.

Otherwise, somehow scrape enough money together to get a flat in Oslo whilst preparing for a test in Norwegian...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 15:11:33 »

As the last 18 months have been dedicated to exams, this year will hopefully bear fruit from all the hard work.

As usual I will attempt to have no booze until February. I think I fell short by a few days last year.

I want to carry on with the weightloss/fitness regime and lose another stone which should see me back to where I should be, or at least 'normal' in BMI terms.

To top it off we want to have the house on the market by the end of the year, but that's kind of dependent on my first point.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 15:17:10 »

No resolutions but similar to Pumbaa have some goals to achieve

1. Have op to remove kidney stone (8th Jan) and do everything to prevent repitition (not that easy with a "baggy" left kidney - 4 litres of water a day will do it apparently)
2. Reduce stress and improve patience - especially with the kids - start meditation course on 14th Jan
3. Start triathlon training earlier and try not to increase food intake therefore reducing weight and thus improving health
4. Balance life better - look at the possibilites of new job. Not unhappy just a little bored.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 15:21:23 »

Going to be an interesting year for me.

Get my brand new car in about 4 weeks.

In 3 weeks I have my berium meal, then thats followed in 4 days after with a camera down my throat to check my stomach and lungs then a week after I have a tube in the nose to the stomach to check the acid production which appears to be leaking into my lungs at night.

Then if this is true I will be having half my stomach removed hence making less acid but the by product being that I will have what is in essence a gastic bypass so I will lose even more weight, probably over a stone a month for the next 6 months.

Interesting if a little scarey times ahead for the next few months at least.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 15:24:38 »

1. Geting married in April
2. Try to get back into shape, or atleast to where i was a year ago. Since changing jobs i've put on a few pounds.
3. Potentially move house.
4. Look after my money better

Think thats it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 16:14:01 »

If all goes to plan, this year I will:

- Run a Marathon
- Travel across America
- Travel through europe
- Get a new, better paid job
- Move out of my parents house

Big year

Things get better but they never get good
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 16:46:36 »

Graduate
Get a job
Stop being way too fat

That's about it

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 17:55:27 »

I'm finally looking to move out of home this year (hopefully buying if I can get a mortgage). I'll be 26 in July so it's really long overdue now. I've had to stay at home and save for years for a deposit though as I don't want to go into dead money renting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: