Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompey Fans.  (Read 11520 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 19:29:28 »

I thought they would of brought a few more to be honest, they were good singing wise but assholes before and especially after the game, goading our fans ( some with young families) outside the ground didn't strike me as being hard, quite the opposite. Pompey and Rovers fans are made for each other so hope they enjoy it.
Edit: Their numbers should of been more because according to one of their fans there was a load of them in the Town End  Wink
Maybe they were looking for Eric
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 19:54:28 »

Maybe they were looking for Eric
Or perhaps he was reminiscing about the time when they did get in the Town End, I remember a very very large Pompey fan being dragged over the barrier onto the pitch side by half a dozen coppers. Think it was around the time the wooden hut was burnt at the Spurs game. Perhaps Eric showed them a way in  Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 20:27:54 »

If I recall correctly Pompey normally came straight across the pitch. I can't remember some yellow stained, dribbling, bullshitter leading them.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 05:24:34 »

Your mention of Kamara recalled an encounter very soon after he had joined us (the first time) from Pompey.  Kammy received racist abuse from their fans.  It was not so unusual in those days (shockingly) but what shocked me was that they should be directing it at what I would have expected to have been a much loved former player of their's.

I was unaware of the Jim Melrose incident so I googled it and came across this article.  Quite an interesting read, apparently adapted from Kamara's book.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2951945/Chris-Kamara-reveals-his-race-hate-hell.html

Quote from: Chris Kamara
At Portsmouth there was a small National Front presence at Fratton Park and, even though I was wearing their club shirt, they would subject me to racist insults whenever I touched the ball.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
mgstfc43

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 20:31:24 »

A late post I know....

On a positive note - I was impressed with the support for their team inside the ground.

On a negative - what a bunch of scumbags outside the ground - and yes, I think they are as bad as Millwall and Cardiff and hope they go down....

PS Portsmouth is a 'Shithole'....fact..!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 21:37:01 »

Portsmouth have always had a pretty big element of cunts. The fact they now have a drum to go with the annoying bell(end) shows how far they've fallen. I thought drums were for the little clubs. They'll fit in well in league two.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 21:50:02 »

The girl ( really ) carrying the trumpet into the Pompey end almost broke out into a jog behind the Arkells stand she was that excited about her important role  Smiley
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 21:52:36 by Notts red » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 3, 2013, 22:48:17 »

I was unaware of the Jim Melrose incident so I googled it and came across this article.  Quite an interesting read, apparently adapted from Kamara's book.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2951945/Chris-Kamara-reveals-his-race-hate-hell.html

Never read Kammy's autobiography - or that article, so found it intriguing on many levels

Quite sad really at what young footballers had to endure because they were black and that they were the ones that came out badly if they reacted.

Glad that unlike Oxford and Pompey, we don't get a mention in that context

Thanks for the post.  Might well get the autobiography now.
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, January 4, 2013, 12:02:12 »

I was Kammy's paperboy when the Melrose case was going on.  The story used to be on the back page when I was delivering it in time to read with his cornflakes.

It was The Sun if anyone's interested.

On the Pompey fan topic, I've always found them to be twats home and away.  Some smug bastards gloating outside the ground about their FA Cup win the other year as well.  Considering it was all bought on the never never and they're now a pile of shit, I would have thought most normal Pompey fans would trade it in tomorrow if they could go back and run the club properly.  Fuck 'em.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, January 4, 2013, 20:12:33 »

Never read Kammy's autobiography - or that article, so found it intriguing on many levels

Quite sad really at what young footballers had to endure because they were black and that they were the ones that came out badly if they reacted.

Glad that unlike Oxford and Pompey, we don't get a mention in that context

Thanks for the post.  Might well get the autobiography now.

And there was me thinking that Emile Heskey got booed  because he was shit,not because of his colour. . . bit like Carlton Palmer.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, January 4, 2013, 23:27:00 »

Fuck Pompey, you met your fate when you crossed me, downhill ever since. It is no co-incidence, doomed, never cross me you cunts.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 11:56:12 »

Fuck Pompey, you met your fate when you crossed me, downhill ever since. It is no co-incidence, doomed, never cross me you cunts.

Piss taking TEFers take note!

Clems Army!
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 12:24:50 »

I have the Indian sign over those bastards. Retribution is good. I'm not to be messed with.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 12:28:24 »

I have the Indian sign over those bastards.  Retribution is good. I'm not to be messed with.
your powers must be strong if Pompeys demise is down to you
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 12:33:23 »

Arriba, I have a sixth sense, prophesised things in my life, an unerring ability to sense the future. Pompey are doomed, which doesn't take an uncanny ability to see into the future, but it gets worse for them, they will lose to Oxford, twice, and narrowly escape relegation to the Conference. There they will languish for decades. They sold their soul to the cloven hoofed one, and now it's pay back time. I do sincerely believe that they did wrong to a good soul, that is me, and now they will pay for the allegiance of one fucked up woman to their cause.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: