Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompey Fans.  (Read 11565 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:38:49 »

Not many teams would get 1500 travelling to a game like this considering they are as good as relegated, that's impressive.

Singing and making noise is all they have to look forward to on matchdays, hence the good sound they made.  The again most teams (certainly us included) make more noise away than at home.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 20:56:56 »

We were better at Forest, and we didn't need a drum!

Pompey fans are generally pretty decent though, they always support their team. Today especially they were excellent. Most of ours slag the team off if we're not winning! The city itself is pretty shit though. Few decent areas but plenty of rough parts.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 21:47:37 »

Trevor Benjamin's finest contribution, it felt like we won the league that day
Senior career*
Years   Team   Apps†   (Gls)†
1995–2000   Cambridge United   123   (35)
2000–2005   Leicester City   81   (11)
2001–2002   → Crystal Palace (loan)   6   (1)
2002   → Norwich City (loan)   6   (0)
2002   → West Bromwich Albion (loan)   3   (1)
2003   → Gillingham (loan)   4   (1)
2003–2004   → Rushden & Diamonds (loan)   6   (1)
2004   → Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)   10   (5)
2004–2005   → Northampton Town (loan)   4   (2)
2005   Northampton Town   1   (0)
2005   Coventry City   12   (1)
2005–2007   Peterborough United   47   ( Cool
2005   → Watford (loan)   2   (0)
2006   → Swindon Town (loan)   8   (2)
2007   → Boston United (loan)   3   (0)
2007   → Walsall (loan)   8   (2)
2007–2008   Hereford United   34   (10)
2008   Gainsborough Trinity   3   (0)
2008   Northwich Victoria   2   (0)
2008   Hednesford Town   1   (0)
2008–2009   Wellingborough Town   2   (1)
2009   Kidsgrove Athletic   12   (3)
2009   Tamworth   4   (1)
2009   Harrogate Town   5   (3)
2009   Woking   2   (0)
2010   Sunshine George Cross[1]   0   (0)
2010   Bedlington Terriers   2   (1)
2010   → Wroxham (loan)   3   (0)
2010   → Morpeth Town (loan)   2   (0)
2010–2011   Morpeth Town      
2012–   Seaton Delaval Amateurs   11   (9)
 Jawdrop

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2013, 22:15:06 »

2012–   Seaton Delaval Amateurs   11   (9)
 Jawdrop

I see what you mean, amazed our scouting network hasn't picked up on this prolific striker.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 00:51:02 »

ive seen pompey fans getting crushed against the old shriv road away end  when the barriers were up and they always come in numbers  so know they have a decent following , more disappointed with us tho TBH  .Its easy to sing when ur losing it seems  . All the old favourites come out " We're gonna win 5-4 " etc  meh so what . Away fans are always better than home fans 

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 00:51:46 »

I remember a game at Scunthorpe away where Big Trev scored, we won that 2-1!

#VivaKenBarlow!
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 07:20:36 »

They were fab in the ground but very abusive to train staff on the way back to Reading

One Davie Bamber.......................
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 11:44:34 »

I have never liked Pompey or there fans since the day as a young man i got kicked in by four of them....yes i was a gobby little twat but it still dosn't detract from the fact that ever since then i have  watched with glee at there demise.
They were not particularly loud yesterday....not a bad following but nasty fuckers to boot...pardon the pun.
I hope they go down and to be honest it wouldn't suprise me to see them the same way as Rovers next season.
Since the days of Chris Kamara and the nastyness of those days home and away(think i have been to Pompey away more than any other ground) than i have had a major dislike of them.

I must add that the City is a great traditional place with plenty of history to get your teeth into.

So my view is just that...a bitter man who has nothing but contempt for them..
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 12:04:10 »

the 7-1 Forest away game was one of the best away days regardless of the score. The support was together and a pretty incredible experience.

I come from a land down-under
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 13:45:08 »

I feel a bit for the real Pompey fans...like us...the directors all walk away and they are left in the shit.

Plenty of bell ends amongst them too.

Wasn't Trevor Benjamin that big Ron wanted to get in but Iffy told him to fuck off!

Clems Army!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 13:49:54 »

There's a pompey fan at work. Neither of us have mentioned the game - yet  Grin
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:26:32 »

I have never liked Pompey or there fans since the day as a young man i got kicked in by four of them....yes i was a gobby little twat but it still dosn't detract from the fact that ever since then i have  watched with glee at there demise.
They were not particularly loud yesterday....not a bad following but nasty fuckers to boot...pardon the pun.
I hope they go down and to be honest it wouldn't suprise me to see them the same way as Rovers next season.
Since the days of Chris Kamara and the nastyness of those days home and away(think i have been to Pompey away more than any other ground) than i have had a major dislike of them.

I must add that the City is a great traditional place with plenty of history to get your teeth into.

So my view is just that...a bitter man who has nothing but contempt for them..

Sounds like a painful memory, literally.

I have always felt there was an added edge for Pompey games but respect them for their vocal support.  They are hardly plagued with idiots to the extent of Milwall or Cardiff for example.

Your mention of Kamara recalled an encounter very soon after he had joined us (the first time) from Pompey.  Kammy received racist abuse from their fans.  It was not so unusual in those days (shockingly) but what shocked me was that they should be directing it at what I would have expected to have been a much loved former player of their's.

Kammy of course ended up breaking Jim Melrose's nose (Shrewsbury away) over racist abuse.  Dark days and let's hope they never return.

Kammy Karma for Pompey, now?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:28:56 »

Sounds like a painful memory, literally.

I have always felt there was an added edge for Pompey games but respect them for their vocal support.  They are hardly plagued with idiots to the extent of Milwall or Cardiff for example.

Your mention of Kamara recalled an encounter very soon after he had joined us (the first time) from Pompey.  Kammy received racist abuse from their fans.  It was not so unusual in those days (shockingly) but what shocked me was that they should be directing it at what I would have expected to have been a much loved former player of their's.

Kammy of course ended up breaking Jim Melrose's nose (Shrewsbury away) over racist abuse.  Dark days and let's hope they never return.

Kammy Karma for Pompey, now?

You could say a case of Kammy Karma Chameleon....but not a Culture Club
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 14:58:43 »

There's a pompey fan at work. Neither of us have mentioned the game - yet  Grin

say you need to look up a word, and ask him for the Collins dictionary

I come from a land down-under
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 16:46:49 »

I thought they would of brought a few more to be honest, they were good singing wise but assholes before and especially after the game, goading our fans ( some with young families) outside the ground didn't strike me as being hard, quite the opposite. Pompey and Rovers fans are made for each other so hope they enjoy it.
Edit: Their numbers should of been more because according to one of their fans there was a load of them in the Town End  Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 2, 2013, 16:50:36 by Notts red » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: