Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Tranmere Rovers FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 22076 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 23:45:49 »

Absolutely fucking magnificent.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 23:46:57 »

Absolutely fucking magnificent.

Says it all for me.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, December 21, 2012, 23:50:38 »

Only home games I've missed are tonight and Yeovil.  Been to 6 away games and haven't seen us win.

I should stay away more often but I won't
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 00:00:07 »

Back from an extremely enjoyable evening of football via the pub- so please factor that into my comments below.

First half was dynamite. Most dominant I have EVER seen the Town play. First 20 minutes was like watching the dominance posession and chance-wise of the Spanish national team, except it was interesting because they did more than just pootle it about. Special mentions to Devera, De Vita, Ritchie, Nathan Thompson and Ferry for absoloutely outstanding performances. The rest of the team worked really well, but those were real standouts for me. Watching the back line was perhaps most interesting for me- whilst one member of it went after the ball-holder at all times, the other three tightened up into what essentially became a 3-1-4-2 formation. Devera excelled in this role, acting essentially as a defensive midfielder as well as a centre-back (some of his balls over the top of the Tranmere midfield were sublime). The Thompson/Ritchie and McCormack/De Vita partnerships are really working nicely and I would lvoe to see them continue. Darren Ward was an utterly changed man since I last saw him. Brave, lean, able to hold onto and pass the ball effectively. Am unsure about Martin- he seems unwilling or unable to control the ball properly, or chase stuff down. From what I saw at the start of the season, Williams has also lost a little bit of his energiser bunny energy- it's still there, but not in as much abundance as before.

Second half started well, but obviously the loss of Ferry blunted things, as did the loss of De Vita shortly after. I see why Paolo did the switch for De Vita, as at 5-0 up, it was the perfect time for Gary Roberts to come on and really get some confidence back- which, seeing his face as he chased down EVERY ball and closed down EVERY Tranmere player, was something he was working bloody hard for. His tendency to drop central without anyone to replace him (unlike the Ferry/Ritchie relationship) did cost us a little though.

All in all, absoloutely dominant and thumping victory. Paolo on fine form during and after the match.

Regarding Tranmere, their number 5 was inept and incapable of defending anything. Their number 4 showed some promise, and if it wasn't for fingertip saves from their keeper we'd have won 9-0. Their number 10 was a fat bastard who couldn't run but had a really sublime touch and deftness of passing. Their half-time subs made all the difference between 5-0 and a rugby score.

Bring on Orient.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 00:01:33 »

Now that was just a fantastic display.

oh.....and a special mention to the best refereeing display at the CG this season. No bookings I believe but most importantly wanted to let the game flow that suits us down to the ground. Played so many advantages and that is what we want !!

Simply buzzing after that.
Coca Fola

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 00:02:15 »

That was so good that I bought tickets for Orient, Colchester and Bournemouth.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 00:41:35 »

Are you a wealthy student Fola?
Coca Fola

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 01:32:02 »

Bought under 18 for each one.  Too Cool Plus I get free train travel because my mum works for first great western, no brainer really.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 01:35:54 »

That was ace tonight, really enjoyable.

Thought the Tranmere fans were excellent considering the result, although I did laugh at one of the coaches leaving at 70 odd minutes. Don't blame them in the slightest.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 09:28:33 »

To state the obvious, we were superb last night. Hollands was a completely different player to the one I've seen twice before - he actually participated last night! Good on the ball and tireless effort. Ferry was superb until he went off, Ritchie always looking to come inside and De Vita just goes from strength to strength. Two good finishes from Williams as well. The second goal had to be one of the most satisfying goals I've seen at the County Ground in a long while. They had the ball for quite a while, but we pressed them all the way back. Martin and Williams hurried the centre backs into a mistake, Ritchie picked it up and his ball through to Williams was spot on...capped off by a lovely finish by Williams. Forget the penalty - it gave an insight into Williams' general nervous disposition, but the guy had a really good game last night and I hope he wakes up with a smile on his face this morning.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 10:09:32 »

Bought under 18 for each one.  Too Cool Plus I get free train travel because my mum works for first great western, no brainer really.
Remember there's a planned tube strike for the Orient game - Doesn't mean you can't do it, you just need to take that into account.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 10:13:31 »

First half was as good as anything I've ever seen at the County Ground, flawless performance.

Couldn't have asked for a better way to start what could prove a crucial run of games over the next 10 days.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 10:41:06 »

Well i really enjoyed that night.....got to meet Red Ox as well briefly.
Great performance with Ward shading Man of the Match for me.....DRS and Herthab gave it to Alan Mac i believe over the tannoy..
Nice to see players like Ward come good and it was as good as atmosphere i have heard for a long time.

Brilliant.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 10:51:25 »

Well i really enjoyed that night.....got to meet Red Ox as well briefly.
Great performance with Ward shading Man of the Match for me.....DRS and Herthab gave it to Alan Mac i believe over the tannoy..
Nice to see players like Ward come good and it was as good as atmosphere i have heard for a long time.

Brilliant.

The atmosphere was pretty good.  Probably got something to do with half the crowd being sloshed!
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 11:02:10 »

The signal of intent which indicates we are going to destroy everyone. Totally mental result Clap We won't be cannon fodder anymore, the dark days are over, this is our day in the sunshine. Take us on and we will rip you apart.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: