Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coventry risk being evicted  (Read 26538 times)
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 11:46:11 »

As horrible as it is for their supporters and everybody associated with the club in general, it's refreshing to see creditors take a hard stance for a change and not accept a derisory offer. If it takes a few liquidations across the 92 to ensure that clubs are run sufficiently then I'm all for it.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 13:27:13 »

[quote author=sonicyouth link=topic=49964.msg1214655#msg1214655 date=1375442858
I just noticed that every single season since 06/07 at least one team in our division has had a point deduction. How the fuck have we managed to avoid that?
[/quote]By the skin of our teeth!!  We wouldn't have had a points deduction - for a third administration it is demotion two leagues.  Feel sorry for the Coventry fans.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 16:34:13 »

The whole situation is an absolute mess. The FL must do something about a club going into liquidation wthout going into liquidation...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In all this I feel sorry for the fans, who at the moment look like they're having to go to Northampton for league games, whilst the owners of the Ricoh have offered to lower the rent.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 16:41:58 »

Not trying to make light of the situation, but the opportunity of a few "you're supposed to be at home" and "is that all you take away" chants will not go begging at Northampton.
====
That said I deeply hope somehow a solution is found to keep them playing at Coventry. I have no idea if legally that is likely and even whether they can go back to the Ricoh mid season should SISU sell up/agree a deal/whatever.

The Football League should be embarrassed that Northampton was even given the green light. I suppose though its better than the club ceasing to exist, but only just.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 16:54:52 »

By the skin of our teeth!!  We wouldn't have had a points deduction - for a third administration it is demotion two leagues. 
You do know that's a bit of an urban myth don't you? Although I wouldn't rule out the FL doing something like this, AFAIK there is no specified sanction, it's not a rule, it's just an assumption people have made. On the basis of very little as far as I can see.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 17:14:02 »

10 point deduction for Coventry from the FL

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 17:22:16 »

SSN just tweeted they've been deducted 10 points.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 17:27:10 »

Is it me or is that a bit lenient?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 17:28:21 »

Bit lenient i thought. Was hoping for 50
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 17:30:32 »

Well done FL, that'll teach 'erm.
iffy

« Reply #115 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 17:36:38 »

You do know that's a bit of an urban myth don't you? Although I wouldn't rule out the FL doing something like this, AFAIK there is no specified sanction, it's not a rule, it's just an assumption people have made. On the basis of very little as far as I can see.

It's what we would get if it happened to us.

Coventry's punishment is probably a bit lenient. If it happened to Spurs, they would get no fine, no point deduction and a bye to the semi-finals of the FA Cup. If it happened to us, we'd get a million point deduction, everyone in the club would be passed through a meat grinder and the remaining burgers would be elected to Swindon Sunday League Division 4.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:03:04 »

I am prepared to be shot down immensely for this, but I think people are generally a bit melodramatic about the scale of our predicaments in January and 07/08. Mainly based on the lack of concrete vidence and plight of others since

*dons hard hat*

Things get better but they never get good
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 12:03:15 »

I think the 'relegated by 2 divisions' was first mooted by our board when they took over as a reason of rushing though and not have time for due dilligence.

This cant be true as that would have meant that the FL had already decided punishment without deciding on a case by case basis.

Although looking at how the FL have bottled Coventry decision who knows what they would do, probably promote us.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 16:26:18 »

Although looking at how the FL have bottled Coventry decision who knows what they would do, probably promote us.

But we're Swindon remember?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, August 6, 2013, 19:52:30 »

Wrong Paul, there is a defined punishment for 3rd entry into administration. Funnily enough it's the same punishment as not reaching the woman's tee at golf.

Rule 37.9 sub section iv states

'If a Football League club goes into administration for the third time, all supporters of club must attend future matches with trousers and pants around ankles.'

It's the ultimate humiliation.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: