Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tesco Homes.  (Read 3763 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:45:19 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290552/Tesco-launches-DIY-flatpack-home-9-999-19-998-Clubcard-points.html

Anyone tempted Cheesy..... Hmmm
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:52:22 »

Fucking excellent value I reckon.

Buy some land and slap one on it - got to be better than a mobile home or caravan.

Wouldn't think twice about living in one of them
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:54:43 »

A good shout instead of an extension maybe for gran oo grandad if you have room........and planning permision.
Apparently it comes with instructions on how to build it with advice saying an extra pair of hands to build it is advisable Cheesy
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:58:03 »

Being particulalry useless at even the simplest DIY task, it would be way out of my safety zone.

Makes you wonder what you'd get for 20 grand
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 18:58:57 »

Two of them Wink
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:13:49 »

Haven't they had similar things in the Scandanavian countries for a few years now? Basically massive lego houses. Can't be arsed to find anything to back that up, but I'm sure I remember reading about it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 19:21:04 »

I'm going to buy one and build it in Fatbashers garden

Things get better but they never get good
fatbasher

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 20:39:20 »

I'm going to buy one and build it in Fatbashers garden

You'll need planning permission, which with a fat brown envelop I'm sure I can swing in your favour.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 21:59:45 »

Haven't they had similar things in the Scandanavian countries for a few years now? Basically massive lego houses. Can't be arsed to find anything to back that up, but I'm sure I remember reading about it.
my wife's grandparents have a cabin in north norway which was basically flat pack assembled.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 22:36:20 »

my wife's grandparents have a cabin in north norway which was basically flat pack assembled.

I was in northern Norway a couple of times in the early 2000s.  Both trips blew my mind...and I don't say that lightly.  The Midnight Sun is just bizarre, and wonderful.  Standing on top of a mountain, overlooking a fjord, and looking directly at the sun that was sitting just above the horizon shortly after midnight - something I doubt I'll ever forget.

Anyway...back to the houses.  Always surprised me that most houses up there are built from wood.  Better insulation, apparently.  And the complete opposite of what I'd have expected.  The flatpack construction thing seems to make sense up there.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 22:39:00 »

Does it have a fireplace? I remember when the article first came out 2 years ago and was actually tempted but the cost of insulation, heating and electric would be loads. Be ideal for a summer lodge
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 07:09:28 »

I've stayed on a few shacks out here. Full of holes for creepy crawleys and stuff to come in, you have to bang your shoes out every morning to check for scorpions and stuff. What's really mental is when it rains because the sound of heavy rain falling on a corrugated tin roof is deafening.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 07:54:26 »

Huf Haus is the German-made version. Can't see anything Tesco does being of that sort of quality though.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 08:03:51 »

Huf Haus is the German-made version. Can't see anything Tesco does being of that sort of quality though.

There was an edition of Grand Designs a while back that followed one of those going up.  Surprised that Kev and his crew managed to make a one hour programme, to tell the truth, because the construction took about 12 minutes.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 08:20:16 »

There was an edition of Grand Designs a while back that followed one of those going up.  Surprised that Kev and his crew managed to make a one hour programme, to tell the truth, because the construction took about 12 minutes.

Yeah i saw that one, a true display of Teutonic efficiency! IIRC they managed to drag out the programme because the English crane driver was late  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: