Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27988 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:13:52 »

Frustrating day, keeper won it for them it seems.

Not the first time that's happened this season, but we need to start putting away our chances.  Disappointing that we seem to be stuck in this pattern of only getting something out of a game when we score first as well.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:18:26 »

Think I might vent my annoyance by writing a complaint letter to the people who provide the player service.

If it's that bad, write a letter and demand a refund for the months where it's been shit.

If they say no, raise a charge back against them via your bank.

If everyone on here does it and backs each other up (by stating the service is not acceptable) they won't have a leg to stand on. Plus when they start losing money because of it they will do something about it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:19:30 »

"In Paolo we trust"-I hate that."We trust Paolo" is the vernacular.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:21:43 »

Hope we didn't play too much hoofball today. Bring back the tippy tappy stuff. At least we were winning doing that and it looked better to watch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:31:53 »

has he been interviewed yet?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:36:58 »

PDC interview:
- Disappointed because we dominated for most part of the game
- Conceded 2 shots all game
- Created upto 20 potential chances, with only 4 with good delivery
- This time last year PDC said we would win league. This year he says we are at best middle of the table
- PDCs system gives them chance to win matches but it relies on individual finishing
- Every game we create 7-8 clear chances, but we don't consistently score from them
- Notts Co goalkeeper having a great game wasn't the reason we didn't score. He made some good saves, but we didn't have anyone who had the quality to beat him.
- Sometimes we will win 4-0 or 5-0, but it depends upon whether we score the first goal. Once we score the players grow in confidence.
- Consistency is why we can't stay at the top of the division
- Wanted to see Hollands and Martin's body language. He wants loanees that want to join the cause. Today he was unhappy with both.
- Our system and fitness regime is the right way to go
- Today we should have had a minimum of a draw ('Because I'm being generous today')
- Disappointed that when the players lose energy they lose confidence.
- Wants to get 50 points asap to make the rest of the season comfortable. The rest of the season will be used to try to develop players for better things next year
- The 2 week break will help. Players are a little down. They have a weak mentality and couldn't rebound from Brentford game. Will enable Hollands and Martin work on fitness and understand what PDC wants
- Was after a top striker. Couldn't make it happen.
- Unfortunately we are going to find ourselves losing games 1-0 as we have forwards that are developing rather than foxes in the box
- McCormack suspended for Doncaster after yellow card today
- Complained a little about referees in last two games. Not making excuses, but some of the decisions were poor.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:40:53 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:40:04 »

Fodderingham:
- Only gave them a couple of opportunities to score
- We didnt score from lots of chances we had
- Thought that Judge hand balled before shooting. Great finish which he had no chance with
- Frustrated watching the ball down the other end against Brentford and Notts Co and us not scoring. We'll work on improving over the next coupld of weeks
- Break will help us clear our thoughts and work on the training pitch
- Don't like people taking the mick and saying he looks like Jahmene of X Factor.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:43:38 »

Williams:
- At first thought he'd be out for a couple of weeks
- Slight discomfort today but didnt affect performance
- 'I need to be more clinical in front of goal'
- 'I need a bit more composure'
- Didnt really do enough after going 1-0 down
- Ran out of steam in last 20 mins. Delivery and position in front of goal needs work
- Season has been a little up and down. Xmas could make or break us

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:47:39 »

Listening to PdC's comments I am getting more and more concerned that he keeps on about us finishing 14th or so. That as far as I am concerned opens the door for the players to think that is a good enough position to be in which is sh*t man management. I am quite happy to be proved wrong!

Also,

I feel sorry for those who have to listen to the BBC commentary team for every game and the banal interviews afterwards, they are really beginning to get on my nerves.

No

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:49:43 »

We must take our chances. Can only see play-offs at best for us this season. We're not consistent enough to challenge any higher. This period of games against the teams in and around us hasn't started very well.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:52:48 »

Listening to PdC's comments I am getting more and more concerned that he keeps on about us finishing 14th or so. That as far as I am concerned opens the door for the players to think that is a good enough position to be in which is sh*t man management. I am quite happy to be proved wrong!

Also,

I feel sorry for those who have to listen to the BBC commentary team for every game and the banal interviews afterwards, they are really beginning to get on my nerves.

No

1. I don't think the players listen to the post match interview
2. I don't think Paolo says the same things to them as to the media.

Just a hunch.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:55:04 »

As others have said in the past, need to take his interviews with a pinch of salt. He has an automatic promotion challenge budget and that's what the board will expect. He's just playing down expectation. You don't spend half a million on a couple of players to finish mid-table in this division as he well knows.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 17:58:26 »

PDC interview:
- Disappointed because we dominated for most part of the game
- Conceded 2 shots all game
- Created upto 20 potential chances, with only 4 with good delivery
- This time last year PDC said we would win league. This year he says we are at best middle of the table
- PDCs system gives them chance to win matches but it relies on individual finishing
- Every game we create 7-8 clear chances, but we don't consistently score from them
- Notts Co goalkeeper having a great game wasn't the reason we didn't score. He made some good saves, but we didn't have anyone who had the quality to beat him.
- Sometimes we will win 4-0 or 5-0, but it depends upon whether we score the first goal. Once we score the players grow in confidence.
- Consistency is why we can't stay at the top of the division
- Wanted to see Hollands and Martin's body language. He wants loanees that want to join the cause. Today he was unhappy with both.
- Our system and fitness regime is the right way to go
- Today we should have had a minimum of a draw ('Because I'm being generous today')
- Disappointed that when the players lose energy they lose confidence.
- Wants to get 50 points asap to make the rest of the season comfortable. The rest of the season will be used to try to develop players for better things next year
- The 2 week break will help. Players are a little down. They have a weak mentality and couldn't rebound from Brentford game. Will enable Hollands and Martin work on fitness and understand what PDC wants
- Was after a top striker. Couldn't make it happen.
- Unfortunately we are going to find ourselves losing games 1-0 as we have forwards that are developing rather than foxes in the box
- McCormack suspended for Doncaster after yellow card today
- Complained a little about referees in last two games. Not making excuses, but some of the decisions were poor.

Hollands and Martin not fit?....then they shouldn't be playing and why the fuck have we signed them if they are not fit. fed up with loanees coming in who are not up to scratch....also where the fuck is Miles Storey.... give him a run i say,rather have a fit young hungry striker looking for goals than an over weight striker who it appears needs help with his diet..Paolo's words not mine.

Remember everyone saying Austin wasn't ready,whatever happened to him.
Still think we are in a decent position in the table and it is still up for grabs..really strange as we have a plus 12 goal average but it seems that we are not scoring enough.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 18:05:15 »

....also where the fuck is Miles Storey.... give him a run i say,rather have a fit young hungry striker looking for goals than an over weight striker who it appears needs help with his diet..
Did you not see his comedy cameo on Tuesday night?

He will get regular games when he is ready and as Di Canio has rightly pointed out that isn't this moment in time. He will ease him in and he will improve.

Fit or not fit, out of the strikers we have got none of them have had a season as prolific as Martin when he was in League 1 before so you can see why he was signed even if he won't be completely sharp right away. Hollands is also a very good player for this level (history suggests better than Ferry when fit) and I am sure he will prove a good addition.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 18:07:48 »

Hollands and Martin not fit?....then they shouldn't be playing and why the fuck have we signed them if they are not fit. fed up with loanees coming in who are not up to scratch....also where the fuck is Miles Storey.... give him a run i say,rather have a fit young hungry striker looking for goals than an over weight striker who it appears needs help with his diet..Paolo's words not mine.

Remember everyone saying Austin wasn't ready,whatever happened to him.
Still think we are in a decent position in the table and it is still up for grabs..really strange as we have a plus 12 goal average but it seems that we are not scoring enough.

Bit harsh to lay into the loan players so soon after joining us. Give them a few more games before judging. I think both look OK.

Storey was wank the other night.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: