Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekend trip to Paris.  (Read 7516 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 17:05:05 »

No numbnuts. I'm saying that describing any place as drug-riddled is hardly going to perturb Jayo. If anything he's more likely to make a beeline for the area.

Ha. "Oueuche", as they probably say round here. Still, he'll find a better class of drug round Oberkampf (I expect  Huh?).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 17:12:17 »

Hahah some classic TEF gold in here. Thanks everyone, especially Red Frog.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 18:37:02 »

My one piece of advice is don't knock her up or it'll be goodbye romantic weekends away and hello soft play areas with ball pools...

My only advice is that I went to some famous nightclub in the Pigalle which some 80's indie band had played in a few months before, and the drink was eye wateringly expensive, but cant find out the name of the venue or who played there..  Anybody help m out as its driving me crackers

Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 18:59:35 »

I enjoyed Les Invalides/Tomb of Napoloeon.  Possibly not a romantic attraction though....

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 19:00:32 »

My one piece of advice is don't knock her up or it'll be goodbye romantic weekends away and hello soft play areas with ball pools...

My only advice is that I went to some famous nightclub in the Pigalle which some 80's indie band had played in a few months before, and the drink was eye wateringly expensive, but cant find out the name of the venue or who played there..  Anybody help m out as its driving me crackers

There are loads of concert halls at Pigalle - the best-known ones are the Elysee Montmartre, la Locomotive and la Cigale. All great little standing only venues, with scarily sprung floors.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 23, 2012, 08:51:06 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 19:21:38 »

Dostoyevsky / Red Frog, I'm going to Paris in April, staying in a hotel outside the volontaires metro line. Will I get stabbed, bum raped and left for dead by algerian immigrants the minute I step onto the pavement? Because I will NOT tolerate that.

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 19:37:20 »

Dostoyevsky / Red Frog, I'm going to Paris in April, staying in a hotel outside the volontaires metro line. Will I get stabbed, bum raped and left for dead by algerian immigrants the minute I step onto the pavement? Because I will NOT tolerate that.

Sofiene and Mehdi are awaiting you
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 21:37:09 »

I don't know. Are you attractive?

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 21:40:18 »

Not Overly. But you know what those rapers are like

Things get better but they never get good
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 21:55:14 »

Yes, that's the crux, CENTRAL PARIS, wander around the peripheries, which you'll have no call to visit, think they're referred to as Banlieus(?), hell-hole crime infested souless tower block ghettos, and you'll be asking for trouble.
I lived in the banlieues of Paris, including the 93, for 10 years. Never once had a problem.

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 22:04:53 »

I lived in the banlieues of Paris, including the 93, for 10 years. Never once had a problem.

Elaborate please. Watched a documentary last week where a journalist went there. Whilst he was interviewing a few local figures his car was rifled of all camera equiptment, and the chaps from that manor left him in no doubts what would befall any outsiders venturing into the community. Take it by the "peripheries" I mentioned you lived in Versaille Hmmm
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 23, 2012, 00:16:39 »

I used to feel a bit gloaty taking Arsenal fans to see our trophy cabinet whilst I glanced sideways at their sullen faces before Town's long list of Wiltshire Shield triumphs.

Although our record in Wiltshire is unmatched in English professional football, it is none too shabby in Europe where STFC has distinguished itself as a rare British team to have been 3 times winners of European Cups.

Whilst the whole football world recalls Town's Euro triumphs against AS Roma and Napoli, not everyone recalls that it was in Gay Paree that STFC lifted their first European trophy.

Dubonnet Cup 1910 Newsflash   STFC 2 (TWO)  Barnsley 1.  There was no You Tube then so Reg will have to help bring to life the Harold Fleming brace.

Accordingly, I recommend a visit to the Parc des Princes, the exact site of this first triumph but now home of PSG. Obviously don't wear an OM replica shirt or the certain stabbing you would suffer in the banlieus would be like a walk in "le Parc".

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 23, 2012, 03:13:32 »

Not Overly. But you know what those rapers are like

it'l be like the movie TAKEN.

Liam Neeson might have to come and save you.

Flashheart

« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 23, 2012, 06:31:06 »

it'l be like the movie TAKEN.

Liam Neeson might have to come and save you.

He will find them. And then he'll kill them
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 23, 2012, 09:37:46 »

I got a kicking in Pangbourne once. It was pwopa nawty. And there wasn't even a documentary or anything to warn me about it. True story.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: