Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekend trip to Paris.  (Read 7518 times)
ScillyRed

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 14:16:57 »

I'm going to Paris for a 'romantic' break next week - only 3 days - that's all I can manage at my advanced years   Romantic

Going on the train - only £59 return from Ashford.

Getting from here to Ashford is another much more expensive  matter  Plane Driving Doh
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 14:18:53 »

Yes, we're entirely at one in recommending that Jayo and his lovely girlfriend do not spend their weekend travelling in stinking trains from their boutique hotel in the Marais to the drug-ridden and crime-infested sink estates of the northern suburbs.

Glad we've cleared that one up before he made a huge mistake.

Well, just as a cautionary note, it merits mentioning. My brother and his lovely girlfriend made a similiar error in gastronomic Lyon, by going off the beaten track, and that resulted in them being assailed by a mob of Mahgrebians.  
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 14:19:18 »

I'm going tomorrow... hoping to try Le Refuge des Fondues at some point, and basically eat, drink, and be merry all weekend.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 14:28:20 »

Well, just as a cautionary note, it merits mentioning. My brother and his lovely girlfriend made a similiar error in gastronomic Lyon, by going off the beaten track, and that resulted in them being assailed by a mob of Mahgrebians.  

I've been attacked in Lyon, back in 1990. I think there was a lot of tension in the city back then. Followed from a metro station, verbal abuse (from them) which I returned Smiley - probably wasn't the best thing to do  Cheesy
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 14:36:37 »

I've been attacked in Lyon, back in 1990. I think there was a lot of tension in the city back then. Followed from a metro station, verbal abuse (from them) which I returned Smiley - probably wasn't the best thing to do  Cheesy

Yeh, similiar scenario, these youths were verbally abusing my brother's girlfriend and he stood up to them. Got a pasting but sometimes there's no backing down.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:01:37 »

I didn't get a pasting, there were only four of them  Wink
Scummy gits though!

ScillyRed

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:27:26 »

Blimey - didn't expect all this  Sad

Wonder what OUFC Eric is doing next week  Cheesy
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:31:55 »

Hello mighty and knowledgable TEF.

I'm taking my lovely girlfriend to Paris for the weekend. Any tips on places to visit and things to do?

We are staying at this hotel: http://www.lesjardinsdumarais.com/uk/index.php

One tip, is make sure the wife doesn't find out.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:07:03 »

Its just a question of common sense, what does irritate me is this suggestion that Paris is any worse than any of the cities in this country.

On that basis as i got the shit kicked out of me in Witney in 1993 for no reason, i would suggest no one walk around the centre of there at night.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:12:22 »

Think you might need to rethink your wording.

Ooh. Riddled right? Drug-riddled and bed-ridden. Damn copywriters.  Embarrassed

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:14:41 »

Its just a question of common sense, what does irritate me is this suggestion that Paris is any worse than any of the cities in this country.

On that basis as i got the shit kicked out of me in Witney in 1993 for no reason, i would suggest no one walk around the centre of there at night.

This. A night out in most English town centres feels a lot more edgy than Paris ever does. As a general travelling tip, it's sometimes a good idea not to act like a mouthy English tourist though.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:19:02 »

Copyrighter?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:46:35 »

I think he was more thinking that describing somewhere as drug-ridden (or drug-riddled) might not be quite the deterrent you were perhaps thinking it was, bearing in mind who originally asked about a weekend in Paris Smiley
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:49:40 »

Brussels is another place you would be well advised not to stray into off the track communities. Whilst you might lose a few Hampsteads, in the parlance of Danny Dyer, in places like Witney, you're more likely to be surrounded by knife wielding, deeply disillusioned feral youths, with an almighty chip on their shoulder in the likes of Paris.

Just go steady, a few bevvies and you could find yourself in the wrong part of town where your kind are not welcome after hours.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:52:02 by Dostoyevsky » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:52:14 »

No numbnuts. I'm saying that describing any place as drug-riddled is hardly going to perturb Jayo. If anything he's more likely to make a beeline for the area.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: