Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Essay question  (Read 2897 times)
Coca Fola

« on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 14:58:29 »

Need a good essay question for an essay on the age of enlightenment in the Balkans. With reference to the works of Dositej Obradovic and Matija Antun Reljkovic. It's only a practice essay so it can be pretty shit, but it's due tomorrow so I need one sharpish.

My only ideas as of now are

Referring to contemporary texts of the period, to what extent did the Enlightenment take place in the Balkans?
Find examples in Reljkovic's and Obradovic's work which conform to the direct principles of the enlightenment.
Were the Balkans ready to utilise contemporary Western ideologies during the age of enlightenment?

Which sounds best?
Coca Fola

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 15:02:21 »

Dostoyevsky I'm looking at you.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 15:59:59 »

Using wikipedia and people who post on the same internet forum as you as primary resources, produce an essay which discusses the Age of Enlightenment in the Balkans by tomorrow.
Coca Fola

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:05:15 »

I have all the sources sorted already.
Coca Fola

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:05:37 »

And for the first time ever I haven't used wikipedia once.  Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:10:37 »

If they haven't set you a question then surely it's free reign to write about what you'd like. I'd say the first and last titles sound the best but I don't have any idea of the subject.

I say allocate each question to an even number on a die and whatever you roll, you do that question. If you get odd then get drunk and fail in style.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:15:50 »

Write the essay you want to, and think up a question last. Thats what i did in those situations

Things get better but they never get good
Coca Fola

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:32:23 »

Write the essay you want to, and think up a question last. Thats what i did in those situations
I like this plan. I'm leaning toward the last question, may as well go for that.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:37:07 »

I prefer Si Pie's plan.

Gambling on a roll of a dice is always the sensible thing to do and the possibility of drunkenness has obvious advantages.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:49:13 »

Need a good essay question for an essay on the age of enlightenment in the Balkans. With reference to the works of Dositej Obradovic and Matija Antun Reljkovic. It's only a practice essay so it can be pretty shit, but it's due tomorrow so I need one sharpish.

My only ideas as of now are

Referring to contemporary texts of the period, to what extent did the Enlightenment take place in the Balkans?

It didn't...we're still waiting. Next question.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 16:58:13 »

First question covers it, but without the 'Referring to contemporary texts of the period' bit, as that should be a given.

I hate coming up with questions... my dissertation being the hardest. I need to have a confirmed title, an abstract, a chapter outline, and an indicative bibliography by the end of the week.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 17:58:11 »

It makes me almost glad to be old and not have to do this kind of shit, although it was all a lot harder in my day blah blah

Coca Fola

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 18:06:05 »

It makes me almost glad to be old and not have to do this kind of shit, although it was all a lot harder in my day blah blah
I hate studying literature. I do a language degree but have to do this too.  Angry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: